6,352 results
All reviews manchester airport stayed here an early flight shuttle service courtesy bus courtesy phone next morning days parking car parking an overnight stay park and fly family room one night stay checking in good nights sleep booked this hotel bewleys
Reviewed 31 August 2014

Ok for a single night stopover, bus pick up and drop off was on time, nice check in staff but the young bar staff are not really interested in customer service. Tea and coffee is provided in room, however, the water tastes of chlorine. Tip, buy a bottle water for you morning brew. Bed was adequate.

Room tip: Buy a bottle of water for your Tea/Coffee
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
GuestRelationBewleys, Guest Relations Manager at Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2014

Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent experience at Bewleys Hotel Manchester Airport.

I was disappointed to read that the levels of customer service varied throughout the departments and have passed your comments onto our Food & Beverage Manager for him to discuss with his team. We are very aware that customer service is paramount to the success of our business and due to this the team’s training and development needs are ongoing.

I am glad that you took advantage of the tea and coffee making facilities, the water that comes through all of the taps in the hotel comes directly from the source at United Utilities and is perfectly safe to drink, however I understand that water in different authorities does taste different.

I do hope that we will get the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future. I am more than aware that there is a great deal of choice available to you when choosing accommodation in and around the Airport complex and therefore, we a truly grateful for your booking.

Reviewed 30 August 2014

If you get here early before 2 pm they want 20 pounds for early checkin. Fine but when someone is obviously going to be a guest there is a polite way of informing someone. I did not get a good feeling from the guy and unfrotunatley he checked me in later with a better attitude. You need to worok on your treatment of early guests. Room was better than expected and you do not need to complain about the heat as there is an ac control right near the entrance. There is a bar/snack bar with reasonable prices but you go to the counter and they bring it to your table. Yes reservations shouldbe made for dinner. I did and was surprised by the number of people in the room. Breakfast is a bit expensive at 10 pounds 50 , fruit, yogurt, cereal, hot stuff, scrambled eggs, sausage etc. Unfortunately you are a capitve there unless you want to eat at the airport.
You need to book your transfers at the desk. The place is definitley busy with airport transfers in the am. If arriving you need to use the call phone near the bus info desk. Pickup was outside by the taxis. Not exactly prompt but they did arrive.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent experience at Bewleys Hotel Manchester Airport; I thank you for your honest contribution.

I am glad that on the most part you had a comfortable stay with us but was obviously disappointed to learn that certain aspects let it down slightly.

I have forwarded your comments regarding your greeting at Reception on to our Front Office Manager for him to cover with his team. Customer Service is paramount to the success of the company and it is an ongoing commitment of ours to ensure that we are getting it right. It is only through open and honest communication that we can see if there are issues that need to be rectified and work on improving these standards moving forward.

I can see that our early arrival procedure can be infuriating but we are working in tandem with other hotels in the area. As I am sure you are aware, airport hotels are notoriously busy with guests arriving in at all times of the day and night. As check in time for most hotels is from 14.00 and this is the time our Housekeeping department works towards, we do have to have a working practice in place to accommodate those guests that arrive before this time. The £20.00 charge allows guests the comfort of arriving early and accessing their room more or less as soon as they arrive, should any guest not wish to pay this then we are happy to store any luggage that they may have in order for them to carry on with their day. Once we have a bank of rooms available, usually a little after 13.00 then the early arrival charge is relaxed and most guests can then access their rooms.

I do hope that you have not been deterred from using the hotel again in the future and am confident, that given the opportunity, we will be able to show that your experience was certainly not indicative of that which we aim to provide. We look forward to being able to welcome you back.

Reviewed 30 August 2014

I stayed at this hotel with my son on 21/08/14, We arrived at reception, handed in my booking confirmation which showed twin room for 1 night,and parking for eight days, I was given a room only to find it was a double, I went back to reception and was then given a twin as booked.This was about 1 hour after arrival, after a 2 hour drive. It rained that night and the sound of the rain running down the down pipes was atrocious I managed to sleep for only 2 hours, this room was definitely not soundproof.
Upon my return, I was told that the number plates had been stolen off my car, even though it had been taken from the hotel to a secure car park.
I would definitely not recommend.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank parryg21

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience at Bewleys Hotel Manchester Airport; I was disappointed to read that it appears to have been lacking on this occasion.

I have looked into the mistake with your room allocation and can see that you made your reservation via a third party website. There was an issue, which I am thankful to say has now been rectified, whereby all bookings were defaulting through to our system as a double room regardless to the type of room that had been booked. I am truly sorry that you were inconvenienced by this but this was a technical issue that was beyond our control.

With regards to your car, I believe that you have been discussing this with Peter Ashley Car Parking. From the information that I have been given, the police were called as soon as Peter Ashley Car Parking were aware of the situation, I was under the impression that you were provided with the crime reference number on your return and that the police have been furnished with all of the relevant CCTV images for this ongoing investigation. I understand that this does not change what happened to you but, Peter Ashley Car Parking, have reassessed their already secure compound and added measures have now put into place to prevent this from happening again.

I am confident that given a further opportunity we will be able to change the impression that you have been left with as your experience is certainly not indicative of the levels of service that we aim to provide. Should the need arise, please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will be only too happy to assist with this for you.

Reviewed 30 August 2014

We had booked a night at Bewleys with 15 days parking. You can get cheaper elsewhere but with this hotel you just park your car once and it's there for you when you get back. No driving to off site mega car parks with bus trips of 15 minutes. Hassle free at Bewleys.
Unfortunately, due to ill health, we had cancelled our holiday but decided to go and have the stay at Bewleys and our pre booked 3 course meal anyway. We had booked on a special deal which stipulated no refunds or changes so we hadn't bothered trying (I have tried in the past with other hotel chains and got nowhere). When I explained to the receptionist we wouldn't need the 15 days car park but I understood there would be no refund the receptionist immediately scurried off to see what he could do for us and to my surprise refunded the cost of the meal so at least we got some money back. Pleasant surprise and just goes to show that some large hotel chains do have a heart. Thank you Stefano and Bewleys!
Room was large, 2 double beds, plenty of sockets to charge phones etc, tea and coffee facilities, some toiletries provided. Beds comfy and plenty of pillows.
Can't praise Bewleys enough.

Date of stay: August 2014
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Reviewer

How disappointing that you were unable to get away on your well deserved holiday but I am glad to hear that we were able to make it a little bit easier to bear.

Thank you, as well, for personally mentioning the Receptionist that assisted you on this occasion. I cannot stress enough how much of a boost it is to see their name mentioned and I will personally ensure that a congratulations is passed on to Stefano for his excellent customer service. As you have mentioned, an advance purchase booking does come with a number of conditions but I would like to think that we look at all cases individually and will always try to help where possible.

I hope that in the future when booking your next holiday you will consider using us again. If this is the case then please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will be only too happy to assist with your booking.

Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

Following my recent stay at the Bewleys Hotel (Manchester Airport). I was warmly welcomed by a lady who provided good service. Unfortunately when we got to the room, there was no air conditioning and it felt stifling. No fan, no air conditional and no mini bar. Overall brilliant location, great Value

Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent experience at Bewleys Hotel Manchester Airport; I am glad that on the most part it was an enjoyable one.

As you mentioned, we do not have Air Conditioning in all of the rooms however fans are readily available at Reception and I would hope that had they been made aware of the situation we would have been able to assist in making your stay as comfortable as possible. Please accept my apologies if this were not the case.

With regards to the mini bar, as the 3* property on the Airport complex, this is sadly not a service that we offer. We do have a full service Bar and Brasserie Restaurant, as well as a number of vending machines that serve snacks and alcohol and these are all available on the ground floor.

I do hope that if the need arises you would consider coming to stay with us again as we would certainly relish the opportunity of being able to welcome you back.