“Excellent hotel, great value for money”

Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport
Ranked #51 of 121 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 14 April 2009

young family 1 night stay 9 nights parking.

Swift check in
excellent parking
room better appointed, more modern and beds more comfrtable than other big brand 4* hotels near by.
half the price of the competition
super collection from terminal and speedy delivery back to hotel, car awaiting and sift get away.

all in all excellent value for money in a hotel offering more than the competition and at a much lower price.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (5,520)

Reviewed 4 April 2009

Have stayed here twice now and both times have felt it is good value for money and very convenient. Would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 March 2009

I found this hotel excellent, early check in, help with maps and directions, free transfers to/from the airport and train station. We flew in on BMI and they were there within minutes of leaving the gate.

Customer service was excellent, the room was in great shape, and the shower was relaxing.

Helped us get up to Bolton to see our Fulham boys win away as well.

A+

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank tmollison44
Reviewed 13 March 2009

If you need to be at the airport, this hotel is convenient, excellent value and very clean. We needed to get to the train station the next day, and the free bus took us which was great (maps make it look like it's walkable, but there are few footpaths). Booked on Laterooms for a great rate. A few of small issues prevent the full five star rating. Firstly, there was no ordinary coffee in the room (just decaffeinated) which I thought strange since Bewleys primary business is coffee. And secondly, the bistro menu was fairly limited and the screening of the football meant it was difficult to find a quiet corner - but we went to the Crowne Plaza next door where we had a beautiful freshly cooked meal - so there are other nearby options. Finally, there were no pay to view movie channels, which is sometimes nice when you're going to bed early. All-in-all mostly positive, however. We were over from Belfast to visit a university, and if my son goes there, I can see I will be using this hotel quite regularly.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank tpbel
Reviewed 13 March 2009

We thought Bewleys at Manchester Airport was excellent value for money - at £99 for 2 adults and 2 children, including 2 weeks car parking I really couldn't fault it. The whole process went extremely smoothly & the staff was friendly and helpful. The room was a good size, not grand but very nice, and had everything you could ask for. We had dinner in the Brasserie - the food was good, though the drinks were a bit pricey. They have a reasonable kids menu, and children could eat free between 6pm and 7pm. The shuttle bus service to and from the airport was prompt and the driver very helpful. There was no hassle getting the car when we arrived back from holiday - we were driving home well within an hour of picking up our bags from the airport. A good experience - would definitely stay again if flying from Manchester airport.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 February 2009

Booked here after reading Tripadvisor and, to be honest, I was a little suspicious about all the positive reviews - especially as the rates are so cheap. (Cheap rates but hotel doesn't feel cheap in any way) I can't praise this place - and the staff - enough. I've been using tripadvisor for a couple of years now and never sent a review, but this place deserves all the positive reviews you will see here.

It is such a relaxing place to be, the lounges and brasserie are just so comfortable and spacious. It's unpretentious and just the sort of place you want to be before and after the hassle and **** you get at our airports.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't stay here for more than 2 days as it's too far out of the centre, but if you're flying from Terminal 1 or 3 - it's quicker to walk than get in and out of their very frequent shuttle.

Restaurant was a nice surprise and, to be fair, the duck leg starter was too tough, but Sea Bass fillets were fresher than most restaurants I have tried in the UK and certainly not the rubbish I have ate in a certain South Coast 5 star hotel at 3 times the room rate.

I would say that you would be extremely fussy to find fault with this place, unless you really need 5 star luxury at the airport.

As for the parking, I was only here for a 2 day trip, so didn't experience any problem with having to send the car off site. I managed to park within 50m of the entrance arriving at 5:00pm. I suppose if you're on a 1 or 2 week trip then it may be a different matter - but I don't know this for sure.
I was charged £12:00 for parking which is quite reasonable for the convenience, and certainly compared to the adjacent long stay car park rates.

Oh - the rooms- very nice - sparklingly clean - nice bathroom - but sadly no minibar.

But free Wifi - (hence the long review) - web connection was great - but for some reason my email would not download. Could be my settings - but not had a problem in other hotels with pay wifi.

My advice is try it - it's the best sixty notes I've spent for a long time - and like it or not - leave a review here. I'm sure it will be positive, and the staff and managers deserve it.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank lfcredz
Reviewed 13 February 2009

Stayed for just one night before an early morning flight, chose it from the good reviews over other airport hotels. We were not disappointed , the room was large the staff helpful including the early morning driver of the transfer bus. We ate in the restaurant and had a good meal, not cheap but not out of price reach when the majority of people seemed to be going on great holidays abroad. This added to the whole atmosphere ...especially as I was going nowhere ! Just being a chauffeur for my sisters return to canada. Would most certainly reccomend it to friends and family and do the same again , took the pressure right off an early morning road journey to the airport.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank veron