US$118
  • Restaurant
Ibis Manchester Centre Portland Street(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$73
US$101
US$94
US$133
US$120
  • Room Service
Princess St. Hotel(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$117
  • Pool
US$141
US$129
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Manchester Central Arena(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$62
US$52
Travelodge
  • Bar/Lounge
5,409 results
All reviewsmr coopersafternoon teaq hotelsoctagon loungebeautiful hotelsuperior roomfantastic staymini barreception areacentral manchestersaturday nightlovely roomcooked breakfastcity centrestayed for one nightmember of staffmidlands
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 July 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed here from Friday 1st July to Sunday 3rd July 2011 to celebrate my birthday and we had a lovely time. Having read the reviews for many hotels before chosing The Midland I decided to go with an open mind. Every hotel has its faults and The Midland is no exception i.e a slight problem with the shower quickly fixed by myself and a tv remote with its own mind but overall my stay at The Midland was very relaxing. Just a short distance away from the city centre nightlife so there was no need for a taxi. My main complaint was the cost of parking the car which totalled over £40. I cannot comment on the Spa or Pool facilities as we didn't use them but they looked very clean and maintained. I would recommend this hotel to any of my friends and would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
ManagerManchester, General Manager at The Midland, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2011

Dear Delphy29,

Many thanks for your kind comments regarding your stay with us it is appreciated. Thanks also for recommending us to your friends and of course we'd be delighted to see you return soon.

Reviewed 4 July 2011

Our daughter has just held her wedding reception at the hotel and I cannot praise the catering or venue more highly. The moment we arrived at the front door the staff assisted with wedding luggage and ceckin for ouselves staying 2 night was easy. However the guest only staying for 1 night could not guarantee checkin until 3pm, you could request an early ceckin, this was very vague and unhelpful to family who had long distances with children to travel for the event. All room where available by 2.30pm. I felt it difficult only been able to book via QHotel booking line as I felt as it was a wedding my request could have been delt with better locally

Room Tip: Recomend beauty salon/ hairdressers at the hotel
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family

Dear pip5566,

Thank you for highlighting how well your daughters wedding went and for letting our team know that their efforts didn't go unnoticed as they do try always to go the extra mile.

I hope you can appreciate that the check-in time is pre-set so that our housekeeping team can turn around rooms ready to be presented immaculately for our new guests; although I was glad to read that your rooms were ready before 3pm our normal check-in time.

Thanks again for your kind remarks.

Reviewed 4 July 2011

I stayed here for three days in June and was very impressed with the hotel. The architecture and design of the lobby and well-kept communal areas is the first thing that impresses. The room was a good size, clean, well furnished and tastefully so and the curtains were the best I've seen in terms of blocking out light. (I need a dark room to be able to sleep and these were certainly effective). The only gripes in the room were that the shower was a bit confusing to work (but certainly not a big problem) and there was a strange audible hum that wasn't from the air conditioning or lights but was a little annoying.

I didn't eat in the hotel other than breakfast, which had a decent selection of food of good quality. I enjoyed using the pool and sauna. The staff in the health club, restaurant and concierge/reception were all very helpful and made you feel a valued and welcome guest.

Location is good for getting around Manchester as you are right next to the Metrolink.

Dear there_goes_the_fear,

Thank you for your comments about the hotel and the praise for all of the team that you encountered during your stay with us. It's great to read that we looked after you and that location-wise The Midland suited your needs.

Thank you once again for taking the time to review us.

Reviewed 2 July 2011

Good service, great room and excellent price. Door man was a star as I needed to find my way around in Manchester and I do not know the area. Thanks and well done.

Peter

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
ManagerManchester, General Manager at The Midland, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2011

Dear Eagle95,

Thank you for taking the time to review us and for your kind comments about Raymond our Doorman who receives lots of positive feedback for his work in ensuring our guests get to their desired destination anywere across Manchester. The challenge for any future guests is to see if there is a place that he doesn't know, as I, like you am always impressed by how much he knows about whats going on in the City.

Thank you also for letting other guests know that you enjoyed your time with us.

Reviewed 1 July 2011

A great but short visit. Had difficulty locating the property due to some issue with the sat/nav. Once I found it; I was greeted on the sidewalk by a very professional and helpful individual. Parking problem was sorted in 5 minutes. Vehicle was ready as promised the following morning on time to the minute. A fabulous property; old; but impeccably cared for and updated wherever possible. Room was nicely air conditioned and appointed. The lounge area very relaxing. All staff very very helpful and friendly. Nothing not to like.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
ManagerManchester, General Manager at The Midland, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2011

Dear_Blue_Waters,

Thanks so much for your review it is appreciated especially as regards the quality of the hotel and of course your views about our fantastic team. The helpful Individual on the Door was our new Doorman Raymond who is making a great impression I'm sure you'll agree.

For yours and our other visitors information the Postcode to put into a SATNAV is M2 3NQ. Our Concierge team will then be on hand if you would like us to park your car for you if you are staying with us overnight. If you prefer to park your own vehicle or are not residing with us then the Postcode for the nearest Carpark (Manchester Central) to us is M2 3GX.

Many thanks again.