“ONCE AGAIN, AN ELEGANT AND PROFESSIONAL SERVICE”
Review of The Midland

Ranked #14 of 117 Hotels in Manchester
Wales
“ONCE AGAIN, AN ELEGANT AND PROFESSIONAL SERVICE”
Reviewed 12 June 2012

My wife and I stayed at The Midland again this weekend. We recently had to stay at two other hotels of the same star rating nearby because there were no rooms available here but the experience was not the same. Two things my wife and I have noticed about this hotel: the integrity of Mr. Petza (Manager) and Mr. Bayliss' (General Manager) approach to people's comments on Tripadvisor. Unlike other hotel managers who tend to reply in a detached manner, Mr. Bayliss seems to take each complaint seriously and addresses it personally. Well done, this is true customer service.

3 Thank FandangoEspanol
ManagerManchester, General Manager at The Midland, responded to this review, 13 June 2012
Dear BluebellWales,

Thank you for your very kind comments and I agree Carlo does do a great job in ensuring all of our guests needs are being met. I'm so please to see this review as it shows that we have listened, learnt and improved from your last stay with us and I know the team will be really pleased to read about how highly you have rated us as against some marvellous hotels and restaurant that you have visited; lucky you!

I hope that this review does show that guest feedback be it good, bad or indifferent is what we rely on as we, like every other business, that only wants to improve needs to know what its clients/customers/guests feel AND THEN work on that information so that we get it exactly right all the time. A tough ambition I know but that is the nature of our work.

Thank you for that opportunity to show you that we can deliver a faultless stay for you and also for highlighting this activity to future guests.

All the very best I hope we will see you soon.

The Midland

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (818)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Manchester
Reviewed 12 June 2012

The hotel is very impressive, and the rooms are fantastic. The room was very clean, really nice bathroom and the beds are very very comfy! The service from the staff was fantastic, and bent over backwards to make my stay enjoyable. The food in the hotel was amazing, and there was loads of choice for breakfast.
I cant really complain about my stay at all!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
ManagerManchester, General Manager at The Midland, responded to this review, 2 August 2012
Dear Dale83,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Midland and for your kind words. The team do try their best to deliver a fantastic stay and I'm so pleased that you have taken the time to tell others about your time with us.

We look forward to your return.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 June 2012

Stayed 2 nights for a wedding. Excellent service - able to book in early. Very comfortable room - would have liked a larger window - but didn't spend much time in the room. Powerful shower! All staff friendly and efficient. Would certainly stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a good sized window.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
ManagerManchester, General Manager at The Midland, responded to this review, 14 June 2012
Dear Lynda37,

Thank you for your kind words about your experience at The Midland and our great team it is appreciated.

I'm so pleased that you and your wedding party enjoyed yourselves so much and we'd be delighted to see you back here soon.

Flitwick, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 June 2012

Had a lovely one night stay here on Sunday 10th June 2012. Hotel is very grand and impressive on entry and staff were very helpful. Our room was lovely and spacious, and the shower was great! Only one slight irritation was that I booked a Kingsize bed intentionally and we had two singles pushed together, they were however very comfortable. The location is excellent for the city centre, just a 5 minute walk from the shops. I would not reccommend the valet parking, as while the staff were very accomodating they simply park your car in the near-by NCP car park and charge you for the pleasure! Overall, a very nice stay and good value for money in terms of the facilities and location. Another good Q Hotel.

Dear Angharad P,

Thank you for taking the time to review us and for your kind comments. I'm sorry about the bed issue as normally we get that just right. Next time its best to simply call Reception and they'll organise matters to your satisfaction.

Many thanks also for letting others know how well our staff looked after you and we look forward to your return.

St Albans, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2012

Stayed last night, and was bitterly disappointed with the standard of the room. We stayed in a twin room, but the beds felt smaller than a standard single, the duvet barely covered the bed, the shower was a trickle, and the controls were practically falling off the wall.
Entrance to the hotel and the restaurant looked very impressive. The bar was comfortable but I ordered a dry white wine and paid £7.80 for luke warm and very poor pinot grigio in the bar. The tables weren't cleared and there were crumbs everywhere.
Would not recommend and won't be staying again. The cost or 4* rating were not justified.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
ManagerManchester, General Manager at The Midland, responded to this review, 12 June 2012
Dear Danielle G,

Thank you for taking the time to review us and for your kind comments. Please be assured that I will look into your concerns with the duvets and the shower mechanism; If you'd be kind enough to make contact I'd really appreciate it as I would need your room number to enable me to deliver a more detailed answer. I'd also like to know some more about the service that you received in our bar as that concerns me also.

I can confirm however that all of our beds are of a standard size and that generally we do a great job in delighting our guests so if you have the time please call 0161 236 3333 I'd really appreciate it.

In closing and once again can I thank you for taking the time to review us as it does help us to ever improve.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2012

This is where Rolls met Royce, so a bit of history to this hotel. There isn't much to say, I've only stayed here once and it was very good, I would also imagine it to be a consistently good hotel. Very comfy bed in-fact one of the best beds I've ever slept in! Good location for Manchester Central and Spinningfields if you're on business, also easy access to trams. Champagne bar a 2 minute walk away if your with the other half, Brew Dog pub over the road if you're into your cask ales. I've not read all the reviews here but I can't imagine you going too wrong if you stay here.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Jigsinsy
Dear Jigsinsy,

Thank you for taking the time to review us and for your kind comments about our great staff, our offerings, location and bedrooms; it is appreciated.

We look forward to your return and thank you once again.

Alsager, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2012

I have stayed at the Midland on numerous visits to Manchester and have always enjoyed my stay. The staff are attentive and the hotel has an air of a lost era. However, the rooms are now becomming a little tired and need some modernisation. The entertainment system in the room is also a little old fashioned and not up to the standard of more recently constructed hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Dear G_P56_12,

Thank you for your continued loyalty to The Midland and we take on board your views for when we embark upon further refurbishment and in room entertainment improvements.

Really good to read that the team did a great job in looking after you.

Thank you once again and we look forward to your return.