“Amazing”

Ranked #14 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
Kendal, United Kingdom
“Amazing”
Reviewed 31 March 2013

Amaczing custmer service. Cannot fault it. No trouble to provide extra requests at the room or in the restaurant. Stylish hotel with everything in walking distance. Classy, and a definite place for that special break. Pool small for exercising but the gym, saunas and beauty facilities were great. I will be going back again soon.

Room Tip: Booked through laterooms for a great price
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Mmagrane, General Manager at The Midland, responded to this review, 2 April 2013
Dear Alison D

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay at The Midland. Your kind comments are greatly appreciated by both myself and the team here as we strive to always deliver outstanding service.

I hope that we can welcome you back to The Midland in the future.

Michael Magrane,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (826)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Reviewed 30 March 2013

Very nice, lovely quiet room - huge bedroom, a lounge, big bathroom etc. Very clean, friendly service, good breakfast, they are quick with the coffee which is good (most places are too slow). Also food there is quite OK too. Handy spot for town centre and convention hall. Plenty of restaurants near by.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Dear Goldenthigh

Thank you for your excellent review and positive comments regarding your recent stay at The Midland and the service that you received. We pride ourselves on our helpful, professional team here at the hotel and I hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 March 2013

Once again the Midland spared no effort nto make my stay, albeit for one night, a perfect experience. I can only commend the atmosphere, conviviality and service of every member of staff with whom I came into contact, from receptionist, through bar staff and reseraunt staff to cleaners.

My only observation was that the TV channels were limited.

Room Tip: yo7u get what you pay for.
Dear KenTimmis

Thank you for your review of The Midland following your recent visit. Your kind comments, particularly those relating to the team here are greatly appreciated and I can assure you that we are currently reviewing our TV system.

I hope that we can welcome you back to The Midland in the future.

Dover, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 March 2013

Beautiful from the outside and also inside. Great history comes with this hotel and you feel pretty special staying here. Got a good last minute deal so the price was fantatsic for such a top quality place. Good location and superb staff.

Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Dan H

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at The Midland. I'm pleased to read that you had such a wonderful stay and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Collingwood, Canada
Reviewed 28 March 2013

The Midland would be an excellent choice for anyone. Everyone was friendly (the doorman, reception, servers, chambermaids, exercise staff and management) and the overall hospitable experience left us feeling well looked after.
The traditional High Tea was quite tasty and very complete with a lot of choice and quantity. The breakfast menu was extensive and of good quality.
The location is great for the many sites (including theatre) which you can walk to or the trains, buses and taxis are at the doorstep.
Our room was pristine and was cleaned in a timely manner and kept well stocked by delightful chambermaids. Many thanks to all!!!!
Great location, great service........GREAT HOTEL!!

Room Tip: 3rd floor was very quiet and a nice view to the front.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Willene C

Thank you for your excellent review. Your comments regarding the hotel and particularly the staff and service are greatly appreciated as we pride ourselves on the service we deliver.

I hope we can welcome you back to The Midland in the future.

Oswestry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 March 2013

My friend and I have just returned from an overnight stay at The Midland hotel. What can I say but had an absolutely brilliant time. It is the best hotel I have ever stayed in , at home or abroad. This was our 3rd stay and are always looking for an excuse to go back!! The food is excellent, the hotel is spotless with sumptuous surroundings, the staff cannot to enough for you. Our room was amazing!! Did not want to leave!! However, leave we had to and to my horror on the way home on the train, I discovered I had left my Kindle in the room. I was upset!! I rang the hotel who put me through to Joe Mossford ( Security manager) who was just brilliant! He located my Kindle, and posted it to me Special delivery on the Monday and I received it Tuesday!! I cannot thank him enough. What a Star! But that is what makes The Midland so special, the staff make it so!Also it is so well situated for the trains, the shopping area and the M.E.N.Arena So if anyone is off to Manchester stay at The Midland, you will not be disappointed. Thank you The Midland!

Room Tip: Don't need to they are all Excellent!
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank bpj-2
Dear bpj-2

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay at The Midland. I'm delighted that you had such a fantastic stay and received such excellent service from Joe, I will ensure that he sees your comments.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Lancaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 March 2013

Famous then for the historical business meeting between Mr Rolls and Mrs Royce (1904) and still a well deserved reputation for excellence now almost 109 years later! We stayed for one night whilst attending a concert ("Clannad", they were brilliant too!), just across the road at The Bridgewater Hall - Fantastic stay - Thank you to all the staff who were very helpful and highly professional. The bed was the most comfortable I have ever slept in in a hotel. The Midland has a central location with plenty of excellent restaurants within walking distance if you don't want to eat in the Hotel itself. We ate at the "Halle Restaurant" in Bridgewater Hall and also in Jamie Oliver's Restaurant, both were excellent. The only minor drawback was the lack of hotel parking and the nearest parking was the Manchester Central NCP car park across the road, which cost us almost £19 for 24 hours with no hotel concession for guests - but I guess that's the price you have to pay for the city center location. We felt that our stay was very good value for money and we enjoyed it so much I think we will be planning a few more regular trips to stay here - There is so much to do in Manchester, it's GREAT!

Room Tip: Rooms are excellent but views aren't so great and are mainly of the streets - But to quote a fam...
1 Thank Oldilocks
Mmagrane, General Manager at The Midland, responded to this review, 27 March 2013
Dear Oldilocks

Thank you for posting a review following your recent stay at The Midland. I'm delighted to read that you had such a wonderful stay and that the team here played such a part in that. It's also great to hear of your intention to return and I hope to see you here again soon.

Michael Magrane