“Highly Recommeded”
Review of The Midland

The Midland
Ranked #14 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 9 April 2013

Stayed in the Midland while in Manchester for Man Utd versus Man City. Excellent hotel, great location and cannot recommend it highly enough. Have stayed here before and the standard is being maintained by management and staff.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com
Mmagrane, General Manager at The Midland, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2013

Dear Faheyj

Thank you for your review of The Midland following your recent stay. I hope you enjoyed the match!

Thank you for your kind comments and glowing recommendation; I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

There are newer reviews for The Midland

Reviewed 9 April 2013

stayed at the midland hotel on 4th and 5th this month. we were attending an awards party with work.
staff polite and friendly from the minute we walked in until we left.the staff were always there but unobtrusive at all times.Hotel charming.
The doorman with the top hat really helpful and polite and friendly.....loved that.......( he does a great job)...well done midland...would totally recommend this hotel.....in fact hoping to come back soon with my other half and some friends....

Room Tip: rooms starting with 20 are quieter....great nights sleep beds soooo comfy
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Dear Gwenm170

Thank you for your excellent review of The Midland. I'm delighted that you had such a wonderful stay and that you intend to return.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Midland.

Reviewed 9 April 2013

We held our wedding reception at The Midland Hotel in March and I couldn't recommend the hotel enough! The staff, the service and the whole experience was fantastic from beginning to end, we were treated like royalty, and so were all our guests. For a reception of 110 people I couldn't have wished for a better day, everyone has remarked that the service was very personal. If you are thinking about holding a wedding reception or any type of event in Manchester City centre, then you will not go wrong with The Midland.

All the guests which stayed over at the hotel had fantastic rooms, at a very reasonable price, and all have said what a fantastic time they had.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Mmagrane, General Manager at The Midland, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2013

Dear bigshop2

Thank you for taking the time to review The Midland and for choosing the hotel for your wedding reception. It's wonderful to read that both the hotel and the team were able to play such an important part in ensuring that you had a special day.

Your recommendation to others is also appreciated and I hope we can welcome you back to The Midland in the future.

Reviewed 9 April 2013

In order to enjoy a recent theatre trip we decided to have a night stop over and chose to stay at The Midland as it was close to the theatre and had a good bed and breakfast deal on. Arriving by train it was a short walk from the station and we entered the grand foyer to be greeted by the concierge. Our room was warm and sumptuous and spotlessly clean. We slept well inspite of occasional police sirens flying by outside. Breakfast was excellent and staff were efficient and friendly. I would certainly stay here again when next visiting the theatre.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Carol P

Thank you for your excellent review following your recent stay at The Midland. I'm delighted that you had such a wonderful stay with us and that you intend to return. We do work with the Palace Theatre and Opera House to offer theatre breaks so if you are planning to see a production at one of these venues, please call our reservations team for our offer to include show tickets.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Midland.

Reviewed 9 April 2013

Although in the middle of Manchester this hotel is very quiet, the bed was more than comfortable and room service was good quality and the size of the portions is generous.
If you have business in the centre of Manchester this is an excellent place to stay with the convention centre just round the corner, but book early as the following night I stayed it was fully booked.
Buffet breakfast was good with a fair choice, rate I paid was more than reasonable.

Room Tip: Superior room a must
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Dear jdceve

Thank you for posting a review following your recent stay. I appreciate you taking the time to do this and leave your positive comments.

I hope that we can welcome you back to The Midland in the future.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

My husband and I stayed here over Easter. We pre-booked for a cheaper (non-breakfast) rate but it can still be considered a little pricey for Manchester city hotels. However, it was more than worth it. Even though we had a standard room it didn't feel standard. It was a great size and you could feel the beauty of the old building in the room but yet it was modern at the same time. It had everything you could want (aside from an iron/ironing board but that's just me being really fussy!!) and free internet which is always a bonus as far as I am concerned! Neither my husband or I could open the mini-bar, it felt like a Krypton Factor challenge but then again we were only going to be nosy, we didn't want anything.
In terms of location it's perfect, far enough away from bars not to get city centre noise but close enough to the action not to need a taxi. It's a short walk from the car park which is a little bit of a nuisance but not a deal breaker as at the end of the day it's a city centre hotel so any parking close by is a bonus!
The only small gripe is check in - there's no real queuing system, it's all a little random and it was busy when we were there so we had to wait a while with others coming in after us getting checked in before us but honestly it's not the end of the world, the rest of the hotel more than makes up for this small issue.
I would definitely recommend it!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Mmagrane, General Manager at The Midland, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2013

Dear Cheesecake0509

Thank you for your review of The Midland following your recent stay. You positive comments and recommendation are greatly appreciated by both myself and the team here. I'm sorry that you encountered delays upon check in and I will pass your feedback regarding this experience onto the Front Office Manager.

I hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

I stayed at the Midland over the Grand National weekend - the hotel is centrally located and easy to find. Dropping off outside the hotel or for valet parking is exceptionally difficult as taxi's seem to use that area as overflow from the taxi rank. Annoying as a paying guest that you can't drop off outside.
The staff are very friendly and always wanting to help.
We arrived early in the morning and the rooms were not ready - although not expected to be we had to change in the Leisure Club changing room. For the rating of the hotel the changing room facilities were nothing better than a council leisure complex and were freezing cold.
The rooms were lovely, spacious with all the facilities you'd need - bar a sleep timer on the TV! Beds were very comfortable and large.
Breakfast was good - plenty of selection - and although there was a gluten/wheat free station it contained 3 types of cereal and some biscuits. Gluten free bread was not available which was very disappointing considering there were hot breakfast options i.e. scrambled egg, bacon, baked beans all which needed (in my opinion) a side of gf toast. I can appreciate that having it out on the table would cause patrons to use the same toasters risking cross contamination however where is the harm in having it made by request?
All in all an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

Dear LisaCThomas

Thank you for taking the time to review The Midland following your stay last weekend. I'm pleased that your enjoyed your stay overall and thank you for your comments relating to areas which we can address. I will ask our Maintenance team to investigate the temperature in the changing facilities and forward your feedback regarding breakfast to the Food & Beverage Manager.

Thank you once again for your feedback and I hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Michael Magrane,