“Not the best in Manchester !!!”
Review of The Midland

The Midland
Ranked #12 of 121 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

On the positive side I would like to say the staff at this hotel were lovely and very friendly. The bed was very comfortable however we did have to change rooms from the one originally offered! We booked a king room and were given the smallest king I have ever seen. Taken with the fact that the bed linen was torn and the room was dirty we requested a room change. The second room was much improved.

Breakfast was included and the concierge pointed us in the right direction to the restaurant however on arrival we were told that we couldn't have breakfast in this room and sent to a different location. Here we were told to sit anywhere however a number of the tables were dirty with used dishes and the 'clean' tables all had dirty table linen and crumbs from previous occupants - this was not satisfactory. Slop from dirty dishes was in a slop bucket in the corner with used dishes piles behind the buffet ... Looked very unappetising. The food tasted as though it has been sitting on the buffet for a very long time. This hotel was very expensive for what is being offered and I would not stay there again.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Thomas S, Guest Relations Manager at The Midland, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2013

Dear Jan103,

Thank you for your feedback following your recent visit to The Midland. I'm sorry that your experience did not live up to your expectations and ask if you would be able to contact me directly on 0161 932 4127 or at tsmith@qhotels.co.uk to discuss your experience further.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Guest Relations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (5,299)

Reviewed 14 December 2013

Once again, the Midland is a hotel where one feels valued and treated well. The service is very good and the staff are very friendly and helpful. I noticed that everything is computerised (i.e. menu, information, etc.). It is sad that Carlo has left I was told. In any case, we will continue staying at this hotel when in Manchester.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Thomas S, Guest Relations Manager at The Midland, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Dear FandangoEspanol,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your most recent stay at The Midland. Your kind comments regarding the service we offer are much appreciated and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.

Reviewed 13 December 2013

This is the 2nd time we have stayed at The Midland and for the 2nd time we had a wonderful stay. Easy check in, helpful and friendly staff and a very nice room with a comfortable bed. Breakfast in the morning was very tasty and plenty of choice. We stayed for the Christmas markets which are very good and very close to the hotel. Overall a very good stay and would go back

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Thomas S, Guest Relations Manager at The Midland, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2013

Dear loz626,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at The Midland. I'm pleased to read how much you enjoyed your second stay with us and that the location of the hotel suited your exploration of Manchester's famous Christmas Markets.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 13 December 2013

I have been staying at the Midland one or two nights most weeks for the past year on business. The experience is always superb. Check-in is efficient (especially if you join the queue-jump which means your card is ready in an envelope which they just hand over), room service is prompt and the rooms are always really well presented and maintained during your stay. To top it all off, this week there was a hand-written Xmas card and a bottle of wine waiting for me in my room (I'm guessing they do this for their regular customers, but gestures like this go a long way). I anticipate contunuing to need to travel to Manchester every week for the next 12-18 months and the Midland will continue to be my first-choice of places to stay!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Chris G

Dear Chris G,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at The Midland. It's fantastic to read how consistently great you have found the hotel and the service we offer - I hope you will enjoy your bottle of wine over the festive period and think of it as a thank you for your continued patronage of The Midland.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 12 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed during December to attend the theatre and Christmas Markets, hotel was in perfect location for both! Room was spotless clean and very comfortable! Breakfast was fantastic with lots of choice! The hotel had a lovely Christmassy feel with a fabulous Christmas tree and smelt gorgeous as you walked into reception.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank joeaton
Thomas S, Guest Relations Manager at The Midland, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Dear joholidayManchester,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at The Midland. I'm pleased you enjoyed your visit to Manchester and found the hotel's location convenient for your purposes. I will pass on your compliments regarding the cleanliness to our Head Housekeeper and hope you will come to visit us again (before next Christmas!)

Reviewed 11 December 2013

I have an annual sportmans dinner in Manchester each Christmas and for past 3 years my partner and little girl join me but not for the Sportmans dinner. We return to the Midland each year as the rooms are clean, tidy and spacious. My little girl loves the facilities and the pool. It is satisfying to know that as i am having a tough time my girls are having a great time. One of the main reasons we return each year is the staff. They are warm and friendly throughout especially on reception where nothing is too much trouble. Just the little things like staff delivering complimentary warm milk for our little girl at night means it makes it easier all around for us. I never make breakfast but I am told it is pleasant and plentiful.
We will be back next year but have decided to book a additional weekend city break at the Midland so I can actually enjoy the facilities this time.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank NGNGNGNGNG
Thomas S, Guest Relations Manager at The Midland, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

Dear NGNGNGNGNG,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at The Midland. Your kind comments are very much appreciated and I'm pleased to note that you have found the service across the hotel consistent throughout your several visits.

It's great to read that you'll be able to enjoy yourself more on your next weekend visit - I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.

Reviewed 10 December 2013

Another wonderful stay at the Midland hotel Services amazing Loving the new the cocktail bar Don't even have to go out of the hotel to have a good night Excellent food Especially the breakfast plenty of choice.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Noz174

Dear Noz174,

Thank you for taking the time to write another excellent review of your stay at The Midland. It's great that you have found our service so consistent and I will pass your compliments onto the team at Mr. Cooper's House & Garden.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel again soon.