The Midland
US$183
US$159
US$82
  • Restaurant
Jurys Inn Manchester(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$87
  • Free Internet
US$262
US$245
5,472 results
All reviewsmr coopersafternoon teaq hotelsoctagon loungebeautiful hotelsuperior roomfantastic staymini barreception areacentral manchestersaturday nightlovely roomcooked breakfastcity centrestayed for one nightmember of staffmidlands
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I have stayed in a number of Q hotels throughout the country and all have been of the highest quality. We spent two nights last weekend (17th and 18th) at the Midlands Hotel in Manchester to celebrate my mum's 70th Birthday. As an existing loyalty customer I had no issues booking 4 rooms and we got a great rate. The hotel itself is a mixture of period and modern but this works really well; specifically the lobby, restaurant and bar areas look fantastic and opulent. Included in our package was a continental breakfast which again was excellent (you could though have the full English at a £20 surcharge). The staff were all brilliant and helpful particularly during breakfast when they could not do enough for you. The concierge staff helped us and booked a local restaurant for us and even provided directions. Overall a great break and I would not hesitate to recommend the Midland hotel or any other Q hotel - a great and trusted brand.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Thomas S, Guest Relations Manager at The Midland, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Dear gmerriman,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at The Midland. I'm so pleased to read how happy you were with your visit and hope we were able to make your mum's 70th birthday even more special.

It’s fantastic to read that you enjoyed our new breakfast arrangements and hope that you will be able to enjoy our à la carte breakfast menu in the future for the upgrade charge of £10.00 (the £20.00 charge is for guests who’s rate does not include breakfast at all).

Reviewed 20 January 2014

I booked this hotel for a group trip for my staff, approx, 21 rooms a few days before xmas. Bearing in mind the hotel checked in 38 people it was very efficient and had check in completed with 10 minutes. Feedback from my staff was ALL positive. From front of house to check out everything was top notch.The main entrance and foyer were impressive and all our rooms are well appointed bordering on luxurious, All staff encountered were professional, friendly and pleasant. Breakfast was a pleasure. From my experience as the "organiser" I really can't fault The Midland. Special mention must go to Almudena in the reservations department who managed to find the rooms we needed at a good price etc. Qhotels really do know how to look after their guests. I was so impressed that my wife and I are there this coming weekend!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Thomas S, Guest Relations Manager at The Midland, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Dear TonyLonsdale,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at The Midland. Your fantastic feedback is much appreciated and I'm sure the team here will be very pleased to read your comments.

It's great to read how efficient you found the group check-in process and will pass your personal compliments onto Almudena for her hard work.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel this weekend.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

I spent two nights at the Midland Hotel for my 70th birthday with our children and grandchildren( 10 of us in total) Our son had stayed here with work and said it was brilliant and he was not wrong. From arriving at the front and being met by the most helpful concierge to the wonderful reception area where check-in was faultless. They booked two restaurants for us which was most helpful as we didn't know the city at all.
Our bedrooms were lovely, very clean and had everything we needed in them. And even though the hotel is on a Main Street, there was no noise at all from outside or from other rooms.
We had continental breakfast in a characterful dining room with a wonderful selection to suit all tastes and again, staff were friendly and helpful
Must make one apology. My helium balloon with 70 on it is now attached to reception ceiling because our grandson took the weight off it and let it go!! Sorry!! I expect it will come down eventually
So thank you Midland Hotel for making my 70th birthday so memorable

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Dear Margaret M,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at The Midland. I'm pleased to read that you enjoyed your visit and were able to celebrate your 70th birthday in style!

I will pass your compliments onto the rest of the team here, especially concierge, reception and the breakfast team.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

As city hotels go, this isn't bad. However, there's still something missing for the price we paid. Nothing wrong with the staff, friendly and attentive, The rooms are of a reasonable size and well furnished. but a little more attention to detail and it would have been great. Good comfortable bed. Good shower, but why use an awful shower curtain when you would expect a proper glass panel? Room was fitted out clumsilly in piecemeal fashion, restricting the use of the available space. Apart from a wardrobe with a lack of hangers, there was no where to hang an outside coa in the room. Prices are what you would expect for a city hotel, although breakfast was a little bit lacking. How about decent bread rolls and less of the awful sliced bread? and a little more variety on the continental cheese and meats? Surprise to find no cooked foods included in the all inclusive price either. I guess we have been spoilt over the years by the standards we have experienced in German and Austrian city hotels, this would come a poor second. all in all though we had a pleasent stay and what we would expect from a British hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Thomas S, Guest Relations Manager at The Midland, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Dear SoGofBrighton,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at The Midland. Your description of The Midland as "a good city hotel" is great to read and I will pass your constructive comments onto the relevant departments who always appreciate suggestions to help them to improve.

Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

My husband and myself stayed here for one night in a superior room and had a lovely stay.
The hotel was spotless I couldn't find anything unclean or damaged.
Staff were really friendly and helpful especially James Parker, would recommend a stay here x

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Liz M,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at The Midland. It's excellent to read that you enjoyed such a lovely stay you had and how spotless and well maintained you found the hotel.

I will pass your personal compliments onto James later today and hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.