US$106
US$99
  • Pool
Savings alert! 51% below average rates

The price you found is 51% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$202/night.

Jurys Inn Manchester(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$92
US$83
US$164
US$154
  • Pool
US$110
US$93
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$103/night.

Free cancellation until 05/08
US$98
US$134
US$128
5,565 results
All reviewsmr coopersafternoon teaq hotelsoctagon loungebeautiful hotelsuperior roomfantastic staymini barreception areacentral manchestersaturday nightlovely roomcity centrestayed for one nightmember of staffmidlandswyvern
Reviewed 26 January 2014

The Midland has been my 'hotel of choice' over many years when visiting Manchester. However, on my last visit (28/12/13) a catalogue of very serious events occurred:
1. The water ran like brown varnish suggesting serious problems with the plumbing.Had I taken a sample to Public Health they may well have closed the hotel. Who knows what water borne bugs lurked there!
2. Breakfast in the newly re-furbished dining room was a complete disaster: the table was far too small for two people, creating a dangerous situation with large plates and coffee pots balanced precariously on the edge! The food was completely cold, which was hardly surprising considering it was very undercooked!
When I expressed my disappointment on departure I was offered the cancellation of my bar bill, which amounted to two cups of coffee!
A later email from Thomas Smith, the Customer Relations Manager, offered me 'a free upgrade' on my next visit! Now who in their right mind would throw good money after bad to risk a repeat performance?
In desperation, I placed a phone call to the HQ of Q Hotels, in Leeds. I spoke to Stacey Kingswood, who promised to investigate and get back to me. That was some two and a half weeks ago and I am still waiting for the call!
Needless to say I will not be staying at the Midland again and would advise others to do likewise.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ann E
Thomas S, Guest Relations Manager at The Midland, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

Dear Ann E,

Thank you for your feedback following your recent visit to The Midland. I'm sorry that your experience did not live up to your expectations and that we were unable to work together to find a solution.

Having spoken to our Maintenance team this issue can sometimes happen when our water tanks are cleaned, we do try to have this work carried out when the hotel is at a low occupancy level however the water can sometimes take some time to be flushed through the system. I can assure you that our water is regularly tested to the guidelines set out by the UK Health & Safety Executive.

We have already started to improve our breakfast offering: We now have two options; an À la carte menu in Mr. Cooper’s House & Garden and a Continental buffet in The Wyvern. This gives more choice to our guests and has also improved the quality of the hot breakfast by enabling us to control the temperature and quality of each plate, as well as the quality of the continental buffet by giving us more space for an extended selection.

Please accept my apologies again, I hope you will consider staying with us again some time in the future.

Reviewed 23 January 2014

The Midland Hotel is centrally located and looks ideal for business, shopping, sight seeing and leisure. It's about a 10 minute walk from the main Piccadilly station.
The room itself was clean and well furnished with a very comfortable bed and a modern TV with multiple channels.
The hotel has two restaurants and both seem popular with locals. The food in what I think was called the Garden restaurant was excellent for both breakfast and dinner. The second restaurant is relatively new and sounded classy. Unfortunately I did not visit it during my stay. The lobby also had a popular bar area.
I received internet for free and I believe I could also get a free newspaper although I downloaded mine via the internet service.
The gym was pretty good and even included a squash court and a reasonable swimming pool. A spa was on site although I didn't use it.
Service was friendly and attentive. Overall I would not hesitate to return and would thoroughly recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Thomas S, Guest Relations Manager at The Midland, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Dear jonwells1,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at The Midland. It's fantastic to read how pleased you were with your stay and will pass your compliments onto all of the staff here; especially the team at Mr. Cooper's House & Garden.

Thank you for your recommendation - I hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 22 January 2014

I stayed here for a few days comming into Christmas and the hotel was excellent.
All the staff, from the front desk down to those cleaning the rooms, were very professional and nothing seemed to be a problem.
The room was comfortable, eventhough one might consider it a little small. No complaints or problems and I would stay here again without any hesitation.
The gym, pool and spa were all very good, and the quality of our meals was excellent - couldn't complian.
Very enjoyable stay !!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Thomas S, Guest Relations Manager at The Midland, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Dear Rene L,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at The Midland. it's great to read how pleased you were with the facilities and food during your stay - I'm pleased to read such excellent comments regarding our staff and will pass your compliments on later today.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

I have stayed in a number of Q hotels throughout the country and all have been of the highest quality. We spent two nights last weekend (17th and 18th) at the Midlands Hotel in Manchester to celebrate my mum's 70th Birthday. As an existing loyalty customer I had no issues booking 4 rooms and we got a great rate. The hotel itself is a mixture of period and modern but this works really well; specifically the lobby, restaurant and bar areas look fantastic and opulent. Included in our package was a continental breakfast which again was excellent (you could though have the full English at a £20 surcharge). The staff were all brilliant and helpful particularly during breakfast when they could not do enough for you. The concierge staff helped us and booked a local restaurant for us and even provided directions. Overall a great break and I would not hesitate to recommend the Midland hotel or any other Q hotel - a great and trusted brand.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Thomas S, Guest Relations Manager at The Midland, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Dear gmerriman,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at The Midland. I'm so pleased to read how happy you were with your visit and hope we were able to make your mum's 70th birthday even more special.

It’s fantastic to read that you enjoyed our new breakfast arrangements and hope that you will be able to enjoy our à la carte breakfast menu in the future for the upgrade charge of £10.00 (the £20.00 charge is for guests who’s rate does not include breakfast at all).

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

I booked this hotel for a group trip for my staff, approx, 21 rooms a few days before xmas. Bearing in mind the hotel checked in 38 people it was very efficient and had check in completed with 10 minutes. Feedback from my staff was ALL positive. From front of house to check out everything was top notch.The main entrance and foyer were impressive and all our rooms are well appointed bordering on luxurious, All staff encountered were professional, friendly and pleasant. Breakfast was a pleasure. From my experience as the "organiser" I really can't fault The Midland. Special mention must go to Almudena in the reservations department who managed to find the rooms we needed at a good price etc. Qhotels really do know how to look after their guests. I was so impressed that my wife and I are there this coming weekend!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Thomas S, Guest Relations Manager at The Midland, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Dear TonyLonsdale,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at The Midland. Your fantastic feedback is much appreciated and I'm sure the team here will be very pleased to read your comments.

It's great to read how efficient you found the group check-in process and will pass your personal compliments onto Almudena for her hard work.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel this weekend.