US$106
US$98
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$132/night.

Jurys Inn Manchester(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$83
US$119
US$81
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$96/night.

US$105
US$100
  • Room Service
Book now, pay at stay
US$114
US$100
Doubletree
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$114/night.

US$110
US$84
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$97/night.

5,559 results
All reviewsmr coopersafternoon teaq hotelsoctagon loungebeautiful hotelsuperior roomfantastic staymini barreception areacentral manchestersaturday nightlovely roomcity centrestayed for one nightmember of staffmidlandswyvern
Reviewed 29 January 2014

On our first visit to Manchester we found the hotel welcoming and all the facilities including continental breakfasts well up to the standard of its rating. The hotel is well located for transport and the attractions of the city.

Room Tip: We had a suite on the 6th floor which was very roomy and comfortable, the view was into a well area surrounded by other rooms, but in the winter this was not important.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Thomas S, Guest Relations Manager at The Midland, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Dear Tony B,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at The Midland. I'm pleased to read that you found our facilties including your continental breakfast lives up to our four star deluxe rating.

I'm glad that the hotel was well placed for your needs during visit and I hope to welcome you back to The Midland soon.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

I've stayed in the Midland six times in the last two years. The Midland is my favorite hotel in Manchester. It has this old grandeur that is hard to find sometimes. Most standard rooms are small, the huge bed fills the room. Even though the rooms are small, everything you need can be found in them, great amenities. The hotel has a nice restaurant and a nice lounge where you can enjoy great coffees. Sometimes this hotel hosts big weddings, which can be bothersome, one night there was a live band and when I called the front desk from my room on the 3th floor at around 11pm as I couldn't sleep I was shocked to hear the receptionist say that in order to guarantee a good nights sleep for their guests they made a deal with the band that they would stop playing at 1 am!!! The hotel should really inform their guests about such thing! Ok, so a small mistake from their part, but still definitely worth staying!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view, as some rooms hardly have a view and can be a bit dark.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Thomas S, Guest Relations Manager at The Midland, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

Dear Jumeirah23,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at The Midland. I'm pleased to read that you have found the room amenities useful and enjoyed hotel restaurant and the Octagon Lounge.

I'm sorry that you were disturbed by the entertainment from a function, I will speak with our events team to ensure that they are monitoring the level of noise from performers.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

Having made dinner arrangements and lunch the next day, my partner and I were unable to dine in the restaurant for our evening meal or breakfast though all other aspects of the hotel were very good; what you would expect from a 4* hotel.

The entrance hall was the grandest I've ever seen, the service was very good and the hotel offered a valet service as the car park was some distance away. The bedroom was very clean and comfortable, but a nice big bedroom to match our upgraded king size bed would have improved our stay.

Room Tip: We stayed on the sixth floor so the noise from outside, being a city centre hotel would not disturb our sleep.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kershia Kewi W
Thomas S, Guest Relations Manager at The Midland, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Dear KWilliams2013,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at The Midland. I'm pleased to read such great comments regarding our foyer, the service you received and the valet parking option which we offer.

I'm sorry that the size of your room did not meet your expectations; the hotel does comprise of Standard Rooms (Double, King or Twin beds), Superior Rooms (King or Twin beds) as well as Junior suites (Kind or Twin beds) and Master Suites (King beds).

Reviewed 27 January 2014

I had to stay in Manchester last week, three days for a business conference. Managed to get a room at The Midland, where I last stayed about 25 years ago, on the first weekend it reopened after a massive refurbish. Much has changed since, indeed even the name of the main conference centre, at the rear of the hotel, has changed from the G-Mex to The Central. Weird, why? Had me fooled for a few minutes.
Hotel is one of those grand old Victorian railway beacons, which still retain a certain grandeur at the front. Concierge/doormen are spot on, by the taxi door before the vehicle ahs fully stopped. Luggage whisked through to reception desk with no fuss.
Check-in was quick. No fuss. And part of what gives this hotel it's "flavour" is the friendly, bluff, Northern-ness of the staff. Relaxed and welcoming and yet very professional.
Room was exactly what I had specified, first floor, near to lifts but not a noisy corner. Perfect. Double king size bed, lots of pillows and cushions and a deep mattress protector made this a very comfortable few nights and spotlessly clean. Bathroom was well equipped apart from lacking a face flannel. Good lobby area with bar/tea/coffee making facilities.
Breakfast is buffet style. Nicely laid out restaurant, plenty of room between tables, discreet service, coffee brought to the table in moments. Food standard was good. Did not eat apart from breakfast, so can't comment on lunch/dinner.
All round, a really good experience and would definitely return.

Room Tip: Room 122 - just around corner from lifts but quiet. Boring view onto brick walls but perfect for a business trip.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank westcliff10

Dear Wescliffe10,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at The Midland. It's fantastic to read how pleased you were with your recent visit; I will pass your kind compliments onto our Doorman, Concierge and Reception team. I will also feed your kind comments regarding the excellent standard of cleanliness and amenities in your room back to our Housekeeping team

Reviewed 27 January 2014

This hotel is in the tradition of Victorian splendour. The rooms are generally of good size with comfortable beds. The heating/air conditioning is client controlled. On the corridor walls hang framed sets of historical items of interest from previous generations, postcards, Christmas cards and letters. I find it fascinating to go around and read as many as I can during my stays. I have stayed in this hotel on numerous occasions and as far as I am concerned it gets better each time.
Recently they have introduced individually cooked breakfasts in one restaurant and a very extensive continental breakfast in another restaurant.
The staff are all very friendly and attentive.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the tram lines are quieter.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear 200Elaine,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at The Midland. I'm pleased to read such great comments regarding your previous stays and our new breakfast arrangements.

I must confess I always try to follow the stories of our archives on the corridors upstairs so it's fantastic to read you enjoy investigating them so much!

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel again soon.