US$99
  • Pool
Savings alert! 48% below average rates

The price you found is 48% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$192/night.

US$97
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$110/night.

Jurys Inn Manchester(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$92
Book now, pay at stay
US$99
Doubletree
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$114/night.

US$110
US$93
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$103/night.

US$86
  • Free Internet
US$129
US$118
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$132/night.

5,565 results
All reviewsmr coopersafternoon teaq hotelsoctagon loungebeautiful hotelsuperior roomfantastic staymini barreception areacentral manchestersaturday nightlovely roomcity centrestayed for one nightmember of staffmidlandswyvern
Reviewed 29 January 2014

The room was a good size and the bathroom and toiletries very pleasant. There were sticky cup marks on one of the tables on the day I arrived which was quite disappointing as it obviously hadn't been wiped down. This was corrected the following day. The main issue with the room was the temperature - it was freezing. I ran the aircon on high temperature for a while but it didn't seem to make a difference and it was so noisy I had to turn it off as I couldn't hear myself think. The services directory on the a TV is theoretically a good idea but didn't work well in practice for me as I found it was slow and not intuitive. Other than that the bed was comfortable and there was no noise from outside or other guests. The wifi was brilliant! The staff in the Wyvern room for breakfast and the Leisure club were very lovely, as were the reception staff and concierge - polite, friendly and helpful. Not so much so those in the Octagon bar - I could hear them gossiping about some of the guests which I didn't think was very professional and I felt rushed and a little on edge by their over attentiveness. The food in the Octagon bar was good though, very large portions and tasty. All in all I wasn't blown away by the place, but neither was it the worse place I've stayed in. I'll probably try one of the other hotels next time I'm in Manchester.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Thomas S, Guest Relations Manager at The Midland, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Dear Liz S,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at The Midland. I'm pleased to read that you were pleased with the size of your room and the facilities at the hotel.

I'm disappointed to read that some aspects of your stay did not live up to your expecatations and will pass your constructive feedback onto the relevant teams, as well as your compliments to the staff in the Wyvern and the Leisure club as well as those at Reception and Concierge.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

Got an amazing deal for our rooms. We had a massive room for 3. Got continental breakfast included but opted to upgrade fro a tenner to full. This was not worth and service was not great or portions, but when we went to check out it hadn't been added so all round a winner. Plumped for continental the next day which far more satisfying. Awesome location for shopping, sights and eating and drinking. Great hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Lisa B,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at The Midland. I'm pleased to read that you thought you got good value for money for your room and that the hotel's central location suited the needs of your trip to Manchester.

I'm sorry that you were disappointed with your À la carte breakfast but it's great that we were able to turn this around with a much more satisfying continental option on the second day.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

Post Christmas city break. Faultless from Sadie on check-in to every member of staff. Efficient, pleasant service in every area. Room best ever in UK! Beautiful hotel. Will make this an annual event! Thank you.

Room Tip: Either front or side view rooms are preferable
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Carol S,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at The Midland. I have already passed your kind comments onto the staff here, especially Sadie at Reception, for their faultless service, I know they are always very pleased when their hard work has been noted.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

On our first visit to Manchester we found the hotel welcoming and all the facilities including continental breakfasts well up to the standard of its rating. The hotel is well located for transport and the attractions of the city.

Room Tip: We had a suite on the 6th floor which was very roomy and comfortable, the view was into a well area surrounded by other rooms, but in the winter this was not important.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Tony B,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at The Midland. I'm pleased to read that you found our facilties including your continental breakfast lives up to our four star deluxe rating.

I'm glad that the hotel was well placed for your needs during visit and I hope to welcome you back to The Midland soon.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

I've stayed in the Midland six times in the last two years. The Midland is my favorite hotel in Manchester. It has this old grandeur that is hard to find sometimes. Most standard rooms are small, the huge bed fills the room. Even though the rooms are small, everything you need can be found in them, great amenities. The hotel has a nice restaurant and a nice lounge where you can enjoy great coffees. Sometimes this hotel hosts big weddings, which can be bothersome, one night there was a live band and when I called the front desk from my room on the 3th floor at around 11pm as I couldn't sleep I was shocked to hear the receptionist say that in order to guarantee a good nights sleep for their guests they made a deal with the band that they would stop playing at 1 am!!! The hotel should really inform their guests about such thing! Ok, so a small mistake from their part, but still definitely worth staying!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view, as some rooms hardly have a view and can be a bit dark.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Thomas S, Guest Relations Manager at The Midland, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

Dear Jumeirah23,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at The Midland. I'm pleased to read that you have found the room amenities useful and enjoyed hotel restaurant and the Octagon Lounge.

I'm sorry that you were disturbed by the entertainment from a function, I will speak with our events team to ensure that they are monitoring the level of noise from performers.