US$106
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$112/night.

Jurys Inn Manchester(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$89
  • Room Service
US$124
US$81
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$94/night.

Book now, pay at stay
US$111
Doubletree
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$116/night.

US$193
US$85
Priceline
  • Free Breakfast
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$97/night.

5,556 results
All reviewsmr coopersafternoon teaq hotelsoctagon loungebeautiful hotelsuperior roomfantastic staymini barreception areacentral manchestersaturday nightlovely roomcity centrestayed for one nightmember of staffmidlandswyvern
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Last week end we stayed in Room 355 at the Midland (2nd time in 6 weeks) , again we stayed for 2 nights. (1 bedroom suite)
every one from Mike on the front door, There is a big bloke ex GPO who also greets us with a few chirpy comments , alas we don't know his name, resplendent in his grey coat (under strict instructions not to get it wet), the girls on reception are amazing, like swans.

Our room as usual, so clean, could have been an operating theatre with nice touches such as flowers, they even turn your bed down!!.

Room Service .. great, we even had meals and breakfast in our room due to been tired.

Watch out for the beds, they envelop you and so comfortable you need a tyre lever to get out of them.

The TV, fancy beast , but now getting used to it!! a bit too high tec for us

Recommend... you bet, we are back in March lol!!

If hotels based themselves on good old fashioned values, courteous staff, amazing service you cant go wrong.

Room Tip: Suites 255, 355 and 455 are the best, room 355 caters for our tastes
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Thomas S, Guest Relations Manager at The Midland, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Dear Linda W,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at The Midland. It's fantastic to read such lovely comments regarding our concierge and reception teams, as well as the high standard of cleanliness and service you received upstairs.

I look forward to hope to welcoming you back to the hotel in March.

Reviewed 30 January 2014

We have just spent three wonderful nights in this great Hotel. This is our third visit and hopefully there will be plenty more as we really love both the Hotel and Manchester! On arrival our room was not as we had hoped [bed not king size] but without any trouble we were moved and all was well. Room spotlessly clean and we found all the Hotel staff so friendly and most obliging - a real family feel and nothing was too much trouble.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Thomas S, Guest Relations Manager at The Midland, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Dear susanbouzan,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at The Midland. It's fantastic to read how much you love visiting Manchester and staying at the hotel.

I'm sorry that there was a mix-up with the room originally allocated to you but I'm glad to read that we were able to put this right for you as swiftly as possible.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

The room was a good size and the bathroom and toiletries very pleasant. There were sticky cup marks on one of the tables on the day I arrived which was quite disappointing as it obviously hadn't been wiped down. This was corrected the following day. The main issue with the room was the temperature - it was freezing. I ran the aircon on high temperature for a while but it didn't seem to make a difference and it was so noisy I had to turn it off as I couldn't hear myself think. The services directory on the a TV is theoretically a good idea but didn't work well in practice for me as I found it was slow and not intuitive. Other than that the bed was comfortable and there was no noise from outside or other guests. The wifi was brilliant! The staff in the Wyvern room for breakfast and the Leisure club were very lovely, as were the reception staff and concierge - polite, friendly and helpful. Not so much so those in the Octagon bar - I could hear them gossiping about some of the guests which I didn't think was very professional and I felt rushed and a little on edge by their over attentiveness. The food in the Octagon bar was good though, very large portions and tasty. All in all I wasn't blown away by the place, but neither was it the worse place I've stayed in. I'll probably try one of the other hotels next time I'm in Manchester.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear Liz S,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at The Midland. I'm pleased to read that you were pleased with the size of your room and the facilities at the hotel.

I'm disappointed to read that some aspects of your stay did not live up to your expecatations and will pass your constructive feedback onto the relevant teams, as well as your compliments to the staff in the Wyvern and the Leisure club as well as those at Reception and Concierge.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

Got an amazing deal for our rooms. We had a massive room for 3. Got continental breakfast included but opted to upgrade fro a tenner to full. This was not worth and service was not great or portions, but when we went to check out it hadn't been added so all round a winner. Plumped for continental the next day which far more satisfying. Awesome location for shopping, sights and eating and drinking. Great hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Lisa B,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at The Midland. I'm pleased to read that you thought you got good value for money for your room and that the hotel's central location suited the needs of your trip to Manchester.

I'm sorry that you were disappointed with your À la carte breakfast but it's great that we were able to turn this around with a much more satisfying continental option on the second day.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

Post Christmas city break. Faultless from Sadie on check-in to every member of staff. Efficient, pleasant service in every area. Room best ever in UK! Beautiful hotel. Will make this an annual event! Thank you.

Room Tip: Either front or side view rooms are preferable

Dear Carol S,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at The Midland. I have already passed your kind comments onto the staff here, especially Sadie at Reception, for their faultless service, I know they are always very pleased when their hard work has been noted.