The Midland
Princess St. Hotel(Manchester)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
5,416 results
All reviewsmr coopersafternoon teaq hotelsoctagon loungebeautiful hotelsuperior roomfantastic staymini barreception areacentral manchestersaturday nightlovely roomcooked breakfastcity centrestayed for one nightmember of staffmidlands
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Stayed here for one night on business, the hotel was about 400m from where I was working and so convenient. Check-in was easy and my room on Floor 1 was excellent. Clean and modern with good lighting and plenty of sockets. The bathroom was huge and again modern, the shower took some working out but was quite powerful. My only complaint was it took an age for the hot water to run through. The buffet breakfast in the Wyvern is dire and should be avoided at all costs.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner or end room they are larger
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank AUKTourist
Thomas S, Guest Relations Manager at The Midland, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Dear AUKTourist,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at The Midland. It's great to read how well located you found the hotel for your business stay in Manchester; I'm pleased too, that you found your room clean and modern.

I'm sorry that you were disappointed with your breakfast in The Wyvern - I will pass your comments onto our operations team who I'm sure will make improvements where possible.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

Stayed for the weekend to celebrate my birthday. Continental breakfast was included, but upgrade to full English was available. King room was spacious, clean and had a smart TV. We made good use of the pool and sauna. Unfortunately, the jacuzzi was out of order. I had a treatment at the spa, which was average. The location is perfect for accessing the city and would recommend as a nice place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Thomas S, Guest Relations Manager at The Midland, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Dear kittenmitten,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at The Midland. I'm pleased to read that the location of the hotel suited your trip to Manchester and that you were able to make good use of our leisure club.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

4 of us stayed here for special birthdays, differing ages, from mid 30's to the birthday girls, aged 60 and all loved it! For cleanliness you could not beat it, my room was so quiet and I could have moved in permanently! The hotel had 3 weddings in that weekend but you wouldn't be able to tell, it kept that rare intimate feel for a hotel so big. The only thing we found difficult was being served at the reception bar but even then the issue was resolved within 10 mins!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Thomas S, Guest Relations Manager at The Midland, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Dear Lindsay H,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at The Midland. Your kind comments regarding your birthday visit are much appreciated, I will pass your compliments onto the rest of the team here, especially our Housekeeping staff for their high standards of cleanliness.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

There are more swanky hotels in Manchester with newer decor & possibly better facilities but they don't have the atmosphere that the Midland possesses. The midland is the midland & nothing compares in my opinion. Spend a while sipping a drink in the bar in the foyer area & watch life unfold in front of you. I could get tired of lots of things in life but I will never get tired of the midland.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear 717Steve,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at The Midland. It's fantastic to read such kind comments regarding the hotel - especially the Octagon bar where you can sit and watch the goings on in Reception.

I'm plead that you will never get tired of us and hope to welcome you back to the hotel very soon.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com