“Just Excellent”

Ranked #14 of 117 Hotels in Manchester
djmell
“Just Excellent”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

If you are visiting Manchester, you should always try and stay at the Midland above all others as it really is the best hotel in the city. Traditional Values, Excellent Quality, Superb Service, there just aren't enough superlatives to describe this hotel and all it stands for.

Room Tip: They are all good
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank djmell
Thomas S, Guest Relations Manager at The Midland, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear djmell,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and share your experience at the hotel with TripAdvisor. Its wonderful to read such kind words regarding our product and service and I will pass your compliments onto the whole team here.

Thank you for helping other travellers to make an informed decision when looking for accommodation in Manchester. I hope to welcome you back to The Midland soon.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (818)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
London
Reviewed 22 June 2014

The Midland is a lovely hotel but more than that, the staff are fantastic. We stayed for the weekend and from the reception to the bar to the restaurant, every member of staff was so enthusiastic, polite, helpful - it really does make a difference and you want to return. My only point for improvement would be that for the continental breakfast, items run down quite rapidly - eg milk and bread so perhaps more could be put out at any one time but this is a minor quibble during a lovely weekend

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Wimbledonian3
Thomas S, Guest Relations Manager at The Midland, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear Wimbledonian3,

Your fantastic comments regarding the hotel’s enthusiastic and helpful staff are much appreciated and I have already shared your feedback with the team here. I have also mentioned your suggestion regarding breakfast to the relevant team members and I know they’ll do their best to improve this element of service where possible.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Midland on a return visit and thank you again for helping other travellers to make an informed decision when looking for accommodation in Manchester.

Blackpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

I work abroad so I took my Mum here for a late Mothers Day when I returned to the Uk. The price was good and it included a really lovely breakfast where they provide you with any special requirements you have. The room was good, clean. The view from the room was poor but we didnt mind too much. Room service was quick. The pool was warm and quiet. The smell of the Hotel was amazing. Overall it was lovely I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank fallon f
Dear fallon f,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review about your special stay at The Midland with your Mother. It’s great to read how much you enjoyed the different aspects of your stay including the accommodating nature of our breakfast team and the cleanliness you experienced in your room.

I’m pleased, also, so see that you thought the hotel scent was amazing, we took some time to find one which was just right and it seems it was worth the wait!

I have passed your compliments onto all of the staff here, I’m sure they will join me in looking forward to welcoming you back to Manchester soon.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Stayed for 2 nights in June 2014 on business. great location and lovely interiors although the room I had was on the small side. The staff were great and a special mention to the concierge, Mike Leibrick, who was extremely helpful when I had a minor crisis I needed to sort out. Thanks you again Mike!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank DBL0SVN
Dear DBL0SVN,

It’s fantastic to read that you found Mike so helpful in sorting out your minor crisis and I’ll be sure to pass your thanks onto him personally.

It’s great to read that you found the location of the hotel suited your trip to Manchester and that you liked the interior of your room.

I hope to welcome you back to The Midland soon - thank you for taking the time to share your experience with TripAdvisor.

Barnstaple, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 June 2014

This hotel is first class I stayed for 4 days, the staff are friendly the service is excellent and I would recommend to my friends and family.it has a family welcome and has traditional values the only negative is the hot breakfast was warm only

Room Tip: There was street noise
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Lyn G
Dear Lyn G,

I’m pleased to read how much you enjoyed your recent four night stay at The Midland and how impressed you were with the excellent service and warm welcome our friendly team was able to deliver.

I hope to have the opportunity to see you back at the hotel soon, thank you for taking the time to share such an excellent experience.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The Midland is an amazing place with beautiful decor right in the centre of town facing the newly refurbished Central Library and will not fail to impress any visitor. We stayed overnight as a little treat and were still very impressed even though our expectations were high knowing its repution. The staff were brilliant and attentive. The only shortfall was I'd placed a small case on top of the wardrobe and was covered in dust as we packed to leave!! Luckily we were on our way home but had we been going to an event it would have been a disaster. The restaurant is another story and will receive a separate review but suffice to say I won't pay £3.50 for a slice of bread and warm wine and be asked for service charge!! But The Midland is lovely.

Room Tip: View of the Library would be amazing.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank officerpickles
Dear officerpickles,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback from your recent stay at The Midland, I’m pleased to read that we lived up to your high expectations and that you found the hotel team to be brilliant and attentive.

I’m sorry to read that you were disappointed by other aspects of your stay and I have already shared your thoughts with the relevant staff. If you would be able to contact me directly on 0161 932 4127 or at tsmith@qhotels.co.uk I would appreciate the opportunity to put this right for you - I hope to hear from you soon.

Bradford
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights - Friday and Saturday. We arrived early morning and although it was too soon to check in we were able to leave our bags until we returned later in the day. The hotel itself has a very grand feel to when you go in. We didn't eat or drink in the hotel. Our room was very nice, it was clean and had plenty of storage space. We also had complimentary bottles of water and there were wine glasses in the room. This was handy as we had brought our own wine from one of the local shops. The hotel is situated in a great location with easy access to Piccadilly and Manchester centre. I would love to stay here again!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank HolidayCaz
Dear HolidayCaz,

It’s fantastic to read that your first impressions of The Midland were very grand and that your room and the rest of the hotel lived up to this.

I’m pleased that our location suited your trip to Manchester and hope we can welcome you back very soon - Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful experience with TripAdvisor.