5,718 results
All reviews mr coopers afternoon tea q hotels octagon lounge beautiful hotel superior room fantastic stay mini bar reception area central manchester saturday night lovely room city centre cooked breakfast stayed for one night member of staff midlands
Reviewed 14 October 2018

I stayed here because I knew the location was great for shopping and I also wanted a hotel with a pool but unfortunately didn’t end up using it. The checkin was slight,y disappointing in that they had no record that breakfast was included in the rate but this was sorted when I forwarded the confirmation. They also accommodated a later check out that was appreciated. The room was spacious and very clean. Bathroom was ok but for the price would have liked a rainfall shower. Breakfast was very good. No parking is a bit of an issue. Overall very good but will there are probably similar standard of hotels for less money that I would probably choose next time.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled solo
eyale16, Guest Relations Manager at The Midland, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear sarah10123,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience, your comments are much appreciated. I apologise that there appeared to be an initial misunderstanding over your bed and breakfast rate, however pleased to see it was resolved.

Despite your comments about choosing another hotel in the city on a future stay, I do hope you might reconsider at some stay and give The Midland another chance.

Reviewed 14 October 2018

I booked as a present for my wife, afternoon tea for two.She used the voucher, today, Sunday 14th October,for herself and our daughter.As they were 40 minutes early they were told to take a seat in the bar and they would be advised when their table was ready.They decided to have a Brockmans gin and a coffee.They waited for approx 30 mins to be served.The gin was advertised as coming with mixed fruits.When it arrived there were just two raspberries therein.Most disappointing having had Brockmans before with at least 4/5 mixed fruits.After 50 minutes, and as they had not heard anything they sought out staff who brought them to the table.Once there they waited for ages before being served and heard two other groups complaining of the slow service.While the quality of the food was good they were most disappointed with the poor service and delays.A performance such as this should not be acceptable to a hotel of the standing of the Midland..... John Walsh,Cheshire.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank wallerwalsh

Dear wallerwalsh,

I'm very sorry to read of your recent experience regarding the Lounge and Tea Room, I apologise that certain aspects of the service failed to meet your expectations. Sunday 14th of October was a particularly busy day for the departments, however this doesn't justify the jeopardised quality of products and poorer level of service. Please be assured your valuable comments have been fed back to the relevant managers and I hope we may have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future, offering us the chance of restoring your faith in the quality of The Midland.

Reviewed 12 October 2018 via mobile

Decided to stay for my wife's birthday. Hotel itself looks great, and the big pull over the Malmaison was the use of the pool.

The pool was shut for maintenance, making the stay pointless.

Furthermore, we're a bit forgetful having a toddler in tow, and my wife forgot her earrings. Phoned security after we left, but they have been stolen. The last time we stayed there I left my fitbit in my bathrobe, and that was sent to be washed, never to be seen again.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family

Dear James H,

I'm very sorry to read of your disappointment, please accept my sincere apologies that aspects of your stay let you your experience down.

I appreciate the inconvenience the pool closure caused on the particular date of your stay, please be assured this was of course emergency maintenance works that had to be immediately carried out and not just routine disrupting our guests.

I'm sorry to see your earrings weren't found in the room, our security team did speak to the housekeeping maid and unfortunately nothing was recovered. I can assure you nothing was stolen.

Reviewed 11 October 2018

Having studied at Manchester over 20 years ago, our weekend back here was a trip down memory lane, and we were not disappointed. In a prime position to explore all of Manchester's sights, The Midland is an oasis of calm and grandeur, a little gem in the bustle of the city.
The entrance and reception are a glimpse of the grandeur of the whole place. Steeped in history, we spent so much time gazing and wondering (and some googling to research the history!) and imagining days gone by.
The bedroom was amazing, so decorative and best of all quiet, no banging of doors or people running up and down the corridors!
Top tip - for a slice of history, use the stairs rather than the lift!

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
eyale16, Guest Relations Manager at The Midland, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2018

Dear TeamRodg,

Thank you for taking the time to share such a fantastic review with the Trip Advisor community. It's terrific to read how impressed you were with the history and the culture of the Midland and that you had a wonderful experience with us. I'll be sure to feed your complimentary comments back to our whole team and I know that everyone will join me in hoping to welcome you back to The Midland soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

Bar service non existent. Went to the bar to be told by the bar man that it was table service only. Sat down for 15 mins, no waitress, went back up to the tell the bar man and just told him my order for him to tell a waitress. Prostitutes in lobby waiting on clients. No mini bar. Rooms are tiny. Very small bed. We paid. €450 for a standard room for 2 nights. Very expensive hotel overall. Will not be returning

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear PrincessAT1986

Thank you for your review, and for taking the time to share your thoughts on Trip Advisor. I am really sorry to read about your disappointment, I'll be sure to feed all of your observations back to the relevant members of our management team, and am sure
that they will find your comments useful in improving our operation. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome
you back and improve your opinion on a future visit to Manchester.

Kind Regards,