5,941 results
All reviews mr coopers afternoon tea q hotels octagon bar beautiful hotel superior room fantastic stay mini bar reception area central manchester saturday night lovely room city centre stayed for one night member of staff midlands spa
Reviewed 1 week ago

My husband and I stayed here for 1 night as it was an offer voucher. The room was spacious, in fact so is the entire hotel. The bathroom and bedroom were clean, the bed was comfortable. The staff were friendly, efficient and helpful. The only downside was for the size of the hotel the restaurant is fairly small, and people had to queue for a table. I would stay here again if I'm planning a night out in Manchester.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Jurys Inn
TomEGRM, Guest Relations Manager at The Midland, responded to this reviewResponded 6 days ago

Dear Tracey s,

We appreciate the time taken to share your review of The Midland Hotel.

It's our pleasure to have served you during your stay with us and we appreciate you feedback both positive and constructive. We are looking forward to share your kind words with the team.

Looking forward to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 1 week ago

Lovely hotel, clean spacious rooms, friendly helpful staff and excellent breakfast in a fantastic location. Let down by charging an extra £10 per person to use the pool and spa facilities. Really nice spa area but outrageous to be charged more, when the hotel is pricey anyway.

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Road11576721163,

We appreciate the time taken to share your review of The Midland Hotel.

It's a pleasure to read that our team were so friendly and that you had a lovely breakfast with us.

Our spa charging has been introduced at peak periods to further manage our demand and availability.

We do hope we can welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 1 week ago

The food i received on the night of Friday the 8th of January was excellent, The room was adequately sized, The heating was perfect, The shower was very powerful, I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Hotel

Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Tour36045856137,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of The Midland Hotel.

It's great to read that you had a lovely stay with us and that you enjoyed the food and the bedroom.

We do hope we can welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 1 week ago

The Midland is a beautiful hotel in the centre of Manchester just over the road from the Bridgewater Hall. My husband and I stopped over at The Midland for one night, opting for a superior room. The room was lovely, a corner room on the 6th floor overlooking St Peter's Square, with a comfortable sofa and large bed. A decent bathroom and overall very comfortable. The staff are always friendly.

Room tip: 6th floor is quiet.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Lyn W,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

It was a pleasure to read that you had a great stay and visit to the theatre. I will be sure to share such positive feedback with the team.

I do hope we can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

The Midland has a beautiful exterior and atrium, and a gorgeous bar area, however its rooms are in dire need of maintenance.

My room had water damage in the ceiling, missing sealant, black mould, and water splashes from the previous occupant.

What was worse was the ‘king size bed’ advertised actually being two singles zipped together. They were both hard as a rock, and by falling into the gap between the two I developed shoulder and back pain which is still with me now.

The receptionist tried to justify all this with ‘we are renovating the rooms soon’ however that doesn’t help now, and would not refund me as I booked with Expedia. I do no appreciate the hotel advertising ‘king size beds’ when they are blatantly not, and being told ‘most hotels do this’ when I regularly stay in hotels that actually provide proper beds.

I will not be staying again, and will be seeking a refund via Expedia.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear clockworkcat,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of The Midland Hotel.

I am sorry to hear that your stay didn't meet with expectations on your recent stay with us. This certainly doesn't sound like the level of service we endeavour to deliver to any of our guess.

We take guest feedback extremely seriously and would ask you to reach out to myself so I can further investigate.

tellenor@themidlandmanchester.co.uk