“Good hearty meal, fantastic bread and butter pudding!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of No. 4 Dine & Wine

No. 4 Dine & Wine
Ranked #114 of 2,243 Restaurants in Manchester
Price range: US$12 - US$49
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Didsbury
Description: No.4 Dine and Wine opened in 2005 and has gone from strength to strength with a huge amount of regular customers from Didsbury and surrounding areas.Still owned and managed by Paul & Nina Burton who take part in the day to day running of the restaurant with a small team of friendly loyal staff.Menus are seasonal using as many local suppliers as possible. All dishes are homemade including bread baked every day, desserts and their popular chocolate truffles served with coffee.Ideal for a relaxed meal whether popping in for an early dinner or a special occasion. Small parties can also be catered for.Friendly & efficient service with the chance to watch the chefs in the kitchen! Booking advisable but not always essential.
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Good hearty meal, fantastic bread and butter pudding!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

We were a party of five celebrating a birthday. Nice location and setting, inside is a bit cramped but you accept that in this type of building. They have a good variety of vegetarian meals which as one of us was a veggie is why we chose to come here. The service was very good and welcoming and everyone enjoyed their food and as we all had differences choices this indicates high quality across the menu. My only niggle was that I had the liver and bacon and the bacon was over cooked and a bit hard but the rest of the dish was fine. No one else had any complaints and the general opinion was very good. I had the bread and butter pudding and I can honestly say this was one of the best deserts I've ever had, it was fabulous!! Overall recommended and good value for money.

• Visited May 2014

UK
“Good steak”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

We gave this restaurant another chance and were pleasantly surprised. Food was lovely, service was okay. We'd definitely visit again.

• Visited March 2014
Maidstone, United Kingdom
“So good we went 2 nights running!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

We were only in Didsbury for four nights but enjoyed eating here so much that we went two nights running.

We had the mid-week 3-course set menu, which was excellent value. The choice of dishes was to our taste and all the food was delicious and freshly prepared. For a wider choice there was also a tempting a la carte menu.

This is a small restaurant tucked down a side-street. Staff are friendly and efficient. Seating is on two floors and the surroundings are pleasant. Check out their website - it is very popular, so probably best to book.

2 Thank JRA_12
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food and excellent service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

My boyfriend and I dined here on a recommendation from a friend and I must say the food was fantastic! I would recommend this place a hundred times over!

1 Thank Rachaela26
Saddleworth
“Superb meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

I had Sunday lunch at No. 4 with my husband and three children and it was a delightful experience. The food and service was top notch and proved to be excellent value for money..

You can either have 2 courses for £13.95 or 3 courses for £16.95. There are about 4 choices for each course. All the food is home- cooked and blew me away. I had the roast beef with all the trimmings and was impressed by the roast potatoes and Yorkshire pudding which were delicious. How refreshing to have roast potatoes and Yorkshire pudding cooked from scratch, rather than the usual "Aunt Bessie" frozen stuff you often get in other restaurants.

The desserts were the best my husband and I have had in a long time, and we eat out very regularly. The soft chocolate pudding was to die for and my daughters polished off the home-baked cheesecake with salted caramel sauce and thick cream in a flash.

This restaurant deserves all the excellent reviews and I can guarantee that we will visit again before too long.

1 Thank Debs W