“Great restaurant and not very expensive”
Review of Pinchjo's

Pinchjo's
Ranked #299 of 2,418 Restaurants in Manchester
Price range: US$1 - US$30
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Such a lovely tapas bar in the heart of West Didsbury. Although the restaurant is quite small and only has probably about 12 tables it still feels cosy. As it is so small booking in advance on busy evenings would be recommended (Pinchjo's online booking system is very easy to use).

The food itself is great and not very expensive. We shared a mange and raspberry sangria jug and it was perfect for the whole meal, and very tasty. Didn't have any desserts so cannot comment on those.

The only thing I would say, and it didn't overly bother me but thought I'd share with other customers, is that the food did take quite a while to arrive, which considering how small the place is was surprising. We were given free nibbles to be getting on with whilst waiting for our food, and I had great company so it didn't bother me personally. In fairness it was a Saturday night so it was busy. As I say I was very happy with my visit but thought it worthy of a mention.

The staff were all friendly and helpful. The seating area outside only has 2 tables, so if you really want outside dining you may struggle to guarantee an outside table (and you may also find yourself quite near smokers).

We were also told on leaving that every Monday (I don't know until when, and it may not be indefinitely) all tapas dishes and all drinks are £4.00, which is a bargain!

Probably better to walk or tram (Burton Road), however if you do drive parking can be quite problematic. The surrounding residential streets are largely free parking (without permit), so try that if you HAVE to drive.

Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Absolutely in love with this little restaurant. Not a huge amount of choice but have more than enough to satisfy anyone. The service was amazing and the food absolutely gorgeous. We will definitely be returning to our new favourite place.

2  Thank Sforno
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We've visited this restaurant on two occasions and the food has been outstanding. There isn't an overwhelming amount of choice, but what they do have is lovely. On both occasions we visited the restaurant on a Friday night at 21:30, and we were informed that a few things of the small menu were sold out. This wouldn't normally matter, but as the menu is restricted anyway it makes the choice even smaller. I'd advise you to visit the restaurant early to avoid disappointment, although I appreciate 21:30 is a little late for some to eat anyway. Thoroughly recommended otherwise as the service is wonderful and the sangria is gorgeous. Treat yourself!

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Lovely little 'Boutique Restaurant' on the Southside of Manchester, Didsbury. The quality of the food is very nice. The smaller menu means it can concentrate on doing things well, and it certainly does that. The meatballs dish was spot on, whilst the Chicken breast with chilli and ginger dish should have had more chicken for the price.

The patatas bravas was as you would expect from a spanish tapas restaurant, whilst the big wedge of Tortilla was plentiful, but could have done with more flavour.

Pudding was pretty spectacular too.

Its a bit pricey for what it is. Parking is a nightmare round there, so good luck with that one. The inside of the restaurant is cosy, and well decorated. The staff were very friendly.

Mrs C is a big tapas fan, and is very happy with Pinchjos, which means we will be back again !

Reviewed 30 March 2014

I walked passed pinchjos tapas bar a few weeks ago and decided to try it out once on a sunday, when I went in I was warmly welcomed by a young waitress called amber who made made my time there very pleasent and I would recomment to anyone