“Best time ever”

Eleven Didsbury Park
Ranked #11 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 6 December 2011

We stayed at this hotel for my husband's birthday. The weather was awful, so we checked in early, as we couldn't think of anything else to do. This was no trouble for the staff, who were very polite and friendly.
We stayed in room 17, which has recently been refurbished. I don't think that I've stayed in a nicer room anywhere else, ever. It has two levels- lounge with patio doors onto a nice walled garden downstairs and bedroom upstairs with a balcony onto the garden. Very tastefully decorated with a bath in the bedroom, nice toiletries, all spotless and a great shower.
We ordered a bottle of the house Champagne, which was good, and sat in the bath and watched the storm, and the combination of the terrible weather and the lovely relaxing room made us just stay put and chill out for the afternoon, which made a lovely change.
We ate out at The Lime Tree in Didsbury (very nice) and when we came back to the room the staff had scattered rose petals on our bed! This was a lovely touch- I don't think I've ever slept on petals before. If only we'd known, we'd probably have tidied up a bit before going out!
Nice breakfast the next morning, served until 10.30am- very civilised. All in all it was a lovely treat and I recommend it for everyone.

Room Tip: Room 17 was lovely
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tracey H
Caroline D, Manager at Eleven Didsbury Park, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2016

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Reviewed 10 November 2011

Having stayed in Great John St hotel a few months ago we decided to stay at Eleven Didsbury Park as part of a long weekend away (we were going to stay in the Lake District for three nights but ended up doing two here instead because the luxury you get here would cost double in the Lakes).

We arrived bang on check in time (earliest we've even gotten to a hotel!) and were met with a lovely welcome from two of the girls on the staff. I loved the fact that the entire place felt like a home rather than a hotel! We chilled out in our massive room (an eclectic villa choice) and we were going to order room service but after a nap decided to dine out. On our return from Felicini's (highly recommended by one of the guys working at Eleven Didsbury and duly so) we had a quiet drink in the lounge area. We were the only guests so were able to chill by the fireplace with a nice drink and a good chat rather than heading straight to our room as we often have to do in hotels. I have rarely felt so welcomed by the staff of a hotel; or so at home and comfortable just being around the hotel. It really felt like we had the full run of the place because it was so peaceful and truly had that boutique feel about it. One of the girls was even lovely enough to take our picture as we'd gotten engaged the day before and hadn't been able to get a picture of both of us together!

As we were staying two nights we wandered into the town the next day - a proper little English village feeling place and plenty of shops, restaurants, etc to keep you occupied on a long weekend. We thought we'd have to go into central manchester for entertainment but actually a wee walk in town was just right. The room was so welcoming and comfortable that we just headed back there to veg out, watch some films and TV and play some chess courtesy of the chess set in the room! Proper relaxation and exactly what we wanted/needed!

Room service menu is limited but perfectly apt for even the fussiest of eaters (me!) and entirely what would be expected of a hotel this size (probably more so because some hotels of this size don't even offer room service). I am also very thankful to the member of staff (I really should get names in future!) who kindly met my request to turn the chunky handcut chips into skinny chips for my fussy fiance! Now THAT is the kind of service that sets a hotel out from the rest and lives up to the boutique label.

At every step of the way the staff were lovely and super helpful - even on the check out day where I had to call reception to check the time because the clocks went back and we had altered our mobile phones and they then also did it themselves so we had three different times on various watches and clocks! Thankfully I didn't have to let the plug go on that bath I had just run and was looking forward to! The 12 noon check out on weekends is fabulous too - nothing worse than being chucked out of a hotel at 10am on a weekend!

Great power shower (not as big as the one in great john st we had used before but still bigger than any I had seen prior to the Great John St stay), lovely deep free standing bath (I had my reservations about it being in the same room as the bed and worried about dampness etc but really this is absolutely nothing to worry about as the bath has no effect on the rest of the room it is in! Amazingly!). Most comfortable bed I have slept in in ages and lovely fluffy pillows.

I also swear that this room is the most peaceful nights hotel sleep I have ever had. Usually I get woken by doors slamming and people talking etc but first night I slept soundly (an amazing feat for me!) and the next night I was only interrupted by some drunk people whittering on at 3am at the tops of their voices but they soon went away. I don't know whether it is the area the hotel is in, the hotel design, the ethos around the hotel or what but this really did feel like a little haven without sacrificing amenities and convenience. I came back feeling infinitely more relaxed than I expected.

Room Tip: We opted for an eclectic villa and felt it was worth that little bit extra. We wanted the veranda s...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Alisonannk

Reviewed 7 October 2011

I have previously stayed at the Didsbury House Hotel and Eleven Didsbury Park, but havent been for a few years.
Im pleased to say it hasnt changed much. The entrance is now at the front of the building and reception in the large room to the right, the old reception and lounge is now the breakfast room.
I think they have recently decorated, strong smell of paint, but not unpleasant. Our room (thirty four) was perfect, very clean, the most amazing walk in separate shower, large bath. The bed was excellent very comfy, comfy pillows and plenty of room.
My only gripe was that there was no mirror near to a plug socket to dry or straighten hair, however the hotel were very generous and allowed us to use another room for the mirror. They explained that they were waiting for a new mirror to be delivered as they had refurbished.
Also because of the placement of the desk in the room it is virtually impossible to plug anything in without a struggle and the hotel need to address this.

We paid for breakfast which was as always, wonderful! Full irish was perfectly cooked. Excellent choice of juices and cereals, even mini panacottas. The girl serving was a bit slow clearing plates (only us eating breakfast) but she was very polite and sweet.
All the staff we met were professional, polite and give the impression that nothing is too much trouble.

I wish there were hotels this good everywhere. I wont stay anywhere else in Manchester, its easy access to the city centre (3 stops on the train) and Didsbury village is lovely for a drink and meal out.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank MossyCardiff

Reviewed 14 September 2011

I stayed here for 2 night recently, for business. When you arrive, it's very deceptive as it looks like a normal house, but when inside you realise it's very spacious and elegant.

I stayed in Room 41, which was up a couple of flights of stairs, near the top floor. The room was beautiful, with a big bed, roll top bath tub in the room, with shutter hatches opening into the bathroom. In the bathroom there was a nice double shower room, which was possibly the cleanest I've ever seen!

The room was a very pleasant place to be, with a desk and chair, arm chair and table, TV with freeview and a Roberts DAB radio with iPod dock (very good).

I had dinner there too, and the food was very nice and the ingredients looked of good quality.

I wouldn't hesitate staying here again, but I think it would suit a romantic getaway better.

Room Tip: Room 41 was very nice, cant really comment on the others.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank arun1uk

Reviewed 16 August 2011

stayed here recently on a saturday night and was blown away by it. great staff, lovely room and a privat garden which was a real bonus.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mourneseafood

Reviewed 28 July 2011

My husband and I stayed at Eleven for two nights last weekend and would happily stay there again and recommend it to others.

We had room 32, which was beautifully styled and finished and had great facilities.

The location of Eleven is fantastic, the staff were friendly, helpful and very attentive, the walled garden is delightful and begs to be enjoyed over a drink or two, and the breakfast was excellent also.

My only gripe is that the room above us had VERY creaky floor boards, so one morning we were woken up at 4am by someone nosily moving around - I think if this was resolved the stay would have been perfect overall.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank chicken-poodles

Reviewed 4 July 2011

Visiting Didsbury for the weekend and stayed here which seemed ideal given the location. The hotel is extremely nice, especially the walled garden to the rear, we were not allowed in this part of the hotel however due to a private function. The room was adequate for our needs but due to the warm weather and no air conditioning in the room, it was almost unbeareable to spend any time there. Between the 2 of us we drank 2 bottles of coke and a bottle of water whilst getting ready to go out for the evening to try and stay cool! There is no bar in the hotel, just an 'honesty bar' in the front room. As this was situated behind the reception desk we felt we were intruding on the night staff when returning back for a night cap. I would recommend the hotel to others but would suggest its more like a 3 star hotel than 4!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JohnPaul77

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel