All reviewsroll top bathveranda suitesister hoteleclectic villaleafy suburbquiet roadeclectic hotelsfree standing bathbreakfast room ismonsoon showerboutique hotellovely boutiquesmall hotelbeautiful hotelfresh milkbreakfast was delicioushome from home
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Everything was wrong with this hotel - here are few of my complaints.
I stayed in the garden Suite, it was dark downstairs with a small landing and balcony upstairs.
The bath was in the main bedroom so it made it extremely uncomfortable as no air could flow
I was informed breakfast started at 8am, so had no time as a taxi was collecting me at 8.15.
For evening dinner the fries arrived after I'd almost finished the main meal!
Having asked for an early morning call it didn't happen, excuse was the clock in reception was 1 hour behind!!!!
I could go on but this will give the jist of the experience I had - stayed on 22nd/23rd July 2013 and decide to move to another hotel.

Room Tip: Don't go!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank RedC2013
OpsEclectic, Manager at Eleven Didsbury Park, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2013

Dear Sir

Having read your comments on trip advisor I would like to take this opportunity to apologise for the late delivery of your French fries to your room and for the mix up with your alarm call, Eleven Didsbury Park takes all customer feedback on service issues very seriously. The issue with the switchboard has now been rectified and working satisfactorily. We thank you for your comments.

Andrew Hughes

Information to Trip Advisor readers on our Veranda Suite (and can be viewed on our website www.elevendidsburypark.com)
The Veranda Suite has been completely redesigned and refurbished in late 2012. Its approximately 700 sq ft.
It is a duplex suite looking out onto our Victorian walled garden and enjoys a ground floor veranda and first floor covered private balcony.
It has 4 sets of double patio doors overlooking the garden as well as two other windows.
The lounge is situated on the ground floor with the bathroom, bedroom and landing on the first floor.
The suite offers a Vi Spring mattress, walk in monsoon shower, cast iron bath within the bedroom, 2 flat screen TVs, Roberts DAB Radio / docking station, minibar with working desk, sofa and chair with dimmable mood lighting in all areas.
Its our most popular and largest room and consequently attracts excellent feedback.
Breakfast is served from 7am – 10.30am Monday to Friday and 8am -12noon Saturday & Sunday.

Reviewed 27 July 2013

This was our first trip to Manchester and as the taxi drove further and further away from the station, we wondered where on earth we would end up. No need for alarm - Didsbury is a very fashionable suburb full of great shops and restaurants and Eleven Didsbury Park is a really lovely hotel. It felt more like staying in a country house. The garden is really lovely and although the weather didn't allow us to use it, it would be a delightful place to spend some time in warm weather.
The hotel is sophisticated, with very attractive décor throughout. Our room was small but comfortable, with a slightly beachy theme. Very nice. The breakfast is excellent. Staff are uniformly friendly and helpful, and assisted us with recommendations for local restaurants and pubs.
In case you are worried about the distance from the city centre, there is a very regular bus just around the corner and it is an easy trip.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Darlene3501
Reviewed 23 July 2013

I was in Manchester for a night on business and stayed here. Room was excellent, clean and spacious.

Food was also of a high quality and the service I received from staff was top notch. Will definitely recommend this hotel to my employer if I'm here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank TommySmithLondon
Reviewed 17 July 2013

I consider myself lucky that this hotel is bookable via our corporate travel booking. It is by far the nicest, friendliest hotel I have ever stayed in. It beats all big hotel chains hands down. A small hotel, with a great garden and very original rooms, tastefully decorated matched by equally great staff.

This is my number one choice I Manchester.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Diederick G
Reviewed 28 June 2013

This was a lovely boutique hotel with the most amazing garden and breakfast room. Breakfast was expensive but good. The room was very relaxing and serene. It was unusual in that it had two sky lights and no windows. I thought that this would make me feel trapped in but it actually really created a sense of calm. Plus, there was also the garden or front room to retire to. It's not close to anything in Manchester, although there is now a tram that just opened that runs from here downtown.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Kendra F
Caroline D, Operations manager at Eleven Didsbury Park, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2016

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel, we appreciate your feedback and value your opinion.