“Average Return Visit”

Eleven Didsbury Park
Ranked #11 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Having stayed here two years ago and really enjoy the Didsbury area we thought we would return for a one night stay in a classic double room.. The hotel is still very nice and the staff were very welcoming and attentive when asking for help and room service. The room itself (room 34 )was very clean as well as having a large bathroom that contained a bath and stand alone shower. Sadly the room was situated just off the main staircase and we were aware of everyone who passed the room due to the moving floorboard noise from the stairwell outside the room. The room was also extremely warm and does not have any air conditioning and effected the comfort of our sleep and during the early hours we had to open the window for some fresh air which unfortunately which we did not realise at the time over looked a outside staff area and from around 7.45am onwards we were awoken again by staff taking their break and talking below the open window.
We would stay there again but in future we would need to be guaranteed a room at the back of the building away from any potential noise because on this occasion it spoilt our stay.. But its still a nice premises..

Room Tip: Away from main staircase
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Caroline D, Operations Manager at Eleven Didsbury Park, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2015

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others.
I'm glad to hear you found the hotel nice and the staff nice and attentive.
I'm sorry to hear you were disturbed by others during your stay.
Please let me know when you are returning so that we can ensure you get a quiet room.

Reviewed 12 September 2013

I stayed at Eleven Didsbury Park in August, it was a mates 40th. Really cool place, the room was very quirky. Really friendly staff, they even let you have a lie in which is welcomed when you have had a few beers ! The breakfast was brilliant.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the rooms on the top floor, very quirky.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Andrew B, Manager at Eleven Didsbury Park, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2013

Many thanks for your response and we are glad that you enjoyed your lie in and 'brilliant' breakfast. We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Best Regards

Andy Boneham
Operations Manager

Reviewed 5 September 2013

Stayed here for just one night while house hunting in the area.
We had room 35, which was situated at the front of the house, on the first floor.
Our room (? a suite) was stunning! A large bedroom, complete with a roll top bath in the bedroom, a small sitting area and a bathroom with shower.
The decor was beautiful, and there were lots of great touches like fresh milk in the fridge, complementary bottles of water, and a selection of books in the sitting area of the room. Free WiFi is provided (you'll be given a code/s at reception).
Nice toiletries, a bathrobe and plenty of towels were provided. (Although the towels were past the soft fluffy stage and were rather scrunchy!)
The bed (2 singles pushed together) was large and very comfortable.
We had no problems with noise, despite leaving the window open overnight.
My husband had to leave early to get to work so didn't have breakfast, but I enjoyed a leisurely breakfast in the garden room.  I had eggs benedict, which was very tasty, although there was hardly any hollandaise sauce. It also included spinach, an unexpected (and not traditional) addition. I realised after breakfast I hadn't been offered toast. I wasn't hungry, but this is always included with hotel breakfasts. Especially when you're paying £15.50 for it!
The communal rooms were beautifully decorated with quirky touches. Loved the hat collection on the first floor landing! The garden was lovely and would be a great place to relax with a beverage or two!
All the staff we met were friendly and helpful.
Although our stay was very short, it was lovely and I would love to stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for Eleven Didsbury Park.
It's great to hear your stay was delightful and that you had chance to relax in the garden.

Reviewed 30 August 2013 via mobile

I stay here often and felt the need to let everyone know how great it is.

The staff and rooms are a delight and having used this hotel for meetings and functions as well really proves that they know what they are doing.

Libby is great at organising the meetings, ensuring that everything is catered for, and the service from staff such as Anna and Adriana has always been top notch.

Keep up the great work

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about Eleven Didsbury Park being your home from home.
Our team constantly work hard to ensure our meetings and functions are well looked after.
Best regards

Reviewed 28 August 2013

We had our daughters Christening party at the hotel and found the location, food and venue perfect, everybody whom attended and stayed all came away very happy and many have said they will be returning very soon, keep up the good work and we look forwards to staying again ourselves soon.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Caroline D, Operations Manager at Eleven Didsbury Park, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2015

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, its so lovely to hear that it was the perfect day.
Please let us know next time you are looking to plan a special event!
Best regards

Reviewed 27 August 2013

I recently had the pleasure of holding my 40th birthday celebrations at Eleven Didsbury Park which really was the ideal venue for a civilised party with family and friends. The manager could not do enough for us when my wife and I were making the arrangements. We decided on a BBQ to feed the guests in the attractive and spacious surroundings of the victorian walled garden which was absolutely first class and the staff were very professional and couldn't do enough for us ! A few of our friends stayed at EDP on the night of the party and I've heard nothing but positive comments on the standard and cleanliness of the rooms not to mention the delicious breakfast !!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for sharing your experience from your 40th Birthday Party.
I'm glad it was the perfect day for you.
We hope you welcome you back for the next special birthday!

Reviewed 27 August 2013

I have been staying at Eleven Didsbury Park twice a week on business for about 8 or 9 years and there is a reason for this - its like a home from home and with impeccable service. The team are incredibly welcoming and friendly, always pulling out all the stops, from knowing the rooms I like, to the easy check out service, to making something different to the menu if I request it! If I forget to book a room and they are full they will always put me on a waiting list for a cancellation and call me if a room becomes available.

The rooms are beautifully decorated, with some quirky options like the bath being in the room. The garden is lovely to sit and have a chilled glass of wine and a bite to eat. The breakfast choice is also extensive.

I work close to the city centre but choose to stay here as in the time it takes to park my car and then carry my case to a hotel in Manchester, I can be in tranquil Didsbury in a stunning hotel. All round a great hotel to stay - I can't recommend it enough.

Room Tip: All the rooms are lovely, particularly the two at the top of the main stairs and the one with a bath...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to spare your experience with others.
I'm glad you enjoyed your stays at Eleven Didsbury Park and we look forward to your return visit.