“First Class”

Ranked #90 of 118 Hotels in Manchester
Morpeth, United Kingdom
“First Class”
Reviewed 13 November 2011

This hotel really shows class. Of over 20 hotels stayed in so far with National Holidays, this hotel is top of my list and it deserves to be there. What can I say? Food excellent, a very good - wide choice at meal times, service second to none, room first class, clean, good tv, compliment coffees, as much as you want, bed excellent, good sleep, quiet. The evening entertainment has not been bettered yet of the hotels I have stayed in so far. Staff were very helpful and made a point in ensuring that my asks were met. This hotel knows how to cater for customers. Restaurant, decor excellent, food excellent, staff excellent. Sorry to have to say excellent so much.... but they deserve it.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
countryhmanager, General Manager at Britannia Country House Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 14 November 2011
Thank you so much for your comments following your recent stay with us at the Britannia Country House Hotel.

It is so easy for people to tell us when things go wrong but it is always great to receive positive comments.

Patrick Fitzgerald

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (598)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 November 2011

Booked a night here whilst on the way up to the Lakes, thought it might be nice to stop in Manchester on the way.

The hotel was a bargain, £40 for 1 night plus 2 breakfasts. The hotel looks like it would be lovely from the pictures online, but it is desperately tired, needs a good clean and a lick of paint. We got put in a small room, big enough for just the bed and a wardrobe (this is not what you are lead to believe you will get from all the pictures of spacious looking rooms online!). It smelled of stale smoke and needed cleaning properly. The bathroom was fairly big considering, and probably the best part of the overall experience. The breakfast was ok, but as is usual with buffet breakfast, it normally goes dry from just sitting there on hot plates. I realise we got a bargain of £40 for the night (it should have been £125), but just because something is cheap shouldn't mean that you get bad deal. Unfortunately on this occasion, I think we did.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
countryhmanager, General Manager at Britannia Country House Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 15 November 2011
Firstly I would like to apologise for any inconvenience that may have been caused during your stay at the Britannia Country House Hotel.

I was sorry to read your comments and feel that it is a complete shame that you did not contact our reception to enable us to sort out any issues you experienced immediately as an alternative room could have been arranged for you.

I am surprised that you found our breakfast to be dried up as our Breakfast Chef checks the carvery at regular intervals and replaces items as and when necessary.

Thank you for your constructive criticism, rest assured your comments will be taken on board.

Patrick Fitzgerald

Travellers are raving about these Manchester hotels

Lancaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 November 2011

I stayed here from Friday 4th November until Tuesday 7th November 2011 whilst work on my bathroom at home was being done. I stayed in room 464.... Nice room and that I could have stayed longer, but sadly for me they had some big conferance on. Julie and Jenny were very helpful in making sure I had the room that I wanted. I was happy that they looked after me. I ve stayed in so many Hotels over the years with staff that find it far to much trouble to raise a smile and be pleasant let alone try and help.... But these two ladies were MARVELOUS.... Thanks to them I would stay again!!!!!!!!!!.

Room Tip: Make sure you take an upgrade
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank MartinH001
countryhmanager, General Manager at Britannia Country House Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 10 November 2011

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 November 2011

We arrived after being at the Manchester in the afternoon .There was a wedding going on so the hotel was full and our rooms were changed ,for the better no faults clean and roomy .We had telphoned the hotel prior to going as one of the party has diet issues which to my suprise was met full marks to the kitchen manager .Great weekend fab hotel and great food well worth a visit for a wee break away for some RR With your girlies .They even have a pool and lesuire club if you want to be more active and the grounds were lovley ,We have stayed in this chain before but this is the best so far .

Room Tip: Email the hotel for any requirmnets you may need
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
Thank a.miller653

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 November 2011

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for four nights, on arrival were immediately upgraded to an executive room which was in excellent condition. We had our meals each night at the hotel as well, the food was very good and well presented. We were impressed by the courtesy of the staff who were very helpful. This is a hotel that we will be visiting again in the not too distant future.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank johnnsteel

Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 November 2011

ive booked 13th nov for my husbands birthday we dont have a lot of money so i found this to be a good deal they even said cause its a special ocassion they will try and upgrade for free if rooms are availiable so were looking forward to it im just glad i have read some reviews what are good

Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Chiang Mai, Thailand
Reviewed 7 November 2011

I really wasn't sure what to expect when I arrived at the hotel and the very large car park, it is clear they cater for the park and fly market here. I had arrived a little early so I was unable to check in. When I did there was some confusion over my booking, I didn't have one as there had been problems with their web site booking system. This proved to be no problem as they quickly allocated me a room and gave me the rate offered for booking in advance with pre payment. The room was past the bars and restaurant then down a dreary corridor. it was exactly as I had booked, a single room. I noted that many rooms were being given an update, this room certainly came into the category of could do with one but it was clean and everything worked. The bar area was comfortable with an excellent flat screen TV. The Barman was extremely good. I had a bar snack sandwich for mid afternoon lunch and it was excellent, one of the best I have had anywhere. Breakfast was a help yourself buffet with plenty of choice. They used good ingredients so this to was enjoyable. For a day or two this is a good place to stay.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
countryhmanager, General Manager at Britannia Country House Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 9 November 2011

Thank you for your constructive criticism your comments will be taken on board.

Patrick Fitzgerald
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manchester
Waterside Hotel & Leisure Club
Etrop Grange
Etrop Grange
#66 of 118 in Manchester
The Airport Inn Manchester

Been to Britannia Country House Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!