Britannia Country House Hotel & Spa
  • Breakfast included
US$134
US$122
  • Room Service
Jurys Inn Manchester(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$130
US$97
  • Free Internet
2,798 results
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 December 2013

We stayed one night before flying out from Manchester airport on 6 December. I think we must have been in a different hotel from some of the reviewers. Reception staff were welcoming and polite- making sure we knew about the transfer system. We parked our car close by with plenty of spaces to choose from. Our room- not huge and bathroom were very clean and comfortable with more storage space than we have had in supposedly 'better 'hotels. Pity we were only there for one night!!! We had dinner and breakfast and were amazed at the quality and choice available for the price. I liked the fact that someone from the kitchen came out frequently to check on the dishes. Also liked the fact that as we were on the 7.30am transfer we were allowed in for breakfast early. The transfer was on time and the driver again explained how we got the transfer back. We would not hesitate to return or to recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ground floor room was very quiet
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
countryhmanager, Manager at Britannia Country House Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Thank you so much for your comments following your recent stay with us at the Britannia Country House Hotel.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for placing your feedback Trip Advisor, I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 18 December 2013

We stayed there on the 13/12/2013 when we arrived it took us at least 15 minuets to find somewhere to park it was a total disgrace cars were parked everywhere we had to park on the edge of this muddy verge and a big puddle not what I expected from a large chain of hotels. The general outlook of the hotel was impressive on entry to our room first thing was the thermostat to turn it down as the heat was over bearing and there was no way to turn the heat down we had to sleep with the window open all night which I do not like to do as I have children in the room take note the middle of December window open all night not the best thing to do but did not have a choice due to the heat in the room. We enjoyed the breakfast and was worth the £5.00 if you book in advance I must say that all the staff were polite. Would we stay again I think we would.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
countryhmanager, Manager at Britannia Country House Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2013

We do have in excess of 600 car parking spaces at the hotel and I am sorry that you found it difficult to find a parking space on your arrival at the Hotel. The hotel can be extremely busy at times as we do have 255 bedrooms and extensive Conference & Banqueting facilities.

I am sorry that you found your room too hot.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your breakfast and that you would stay with us again.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 16 December 2013

Please think several times before booking this hotel. Reception staff rude. Rooms absolutely dreadful. Hotel not only in need of TLC - in DIRE NEED of a good old fashioned clean ! Absolute shame because the place would not take much to sort out. Manager? If you want someone who has no interest in listening to views then he would be suitable for Managing the 'couldn't care less got your money up front' brigade ! Bad doesn't even come close.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sayitasitis_13

Firstly I would like to apologise for any inconvenience that may have been caused during your stay at the Britannia Country House Hotel.

I was sorry to read that you were unhappy with your recent stay and felt that the hotel was in need of TLC.

Thank you for your constructive criticism your comments will be taken on board.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 16 December 2013

62 of us stayed in this hotel on a package deal of Christmas Dinner Dance & accommodation.
It was worth every penny.
The rooms were clean & the beds comfy.
The traditional Christmas dinner was plate served but hot & there was plenty on each plate.
The disco was good playing mainly requested music.
Breakfast was buffet served meaning you could eat as much as you want & was excellent.
We will definatley go again next year.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for putting your comments on trip advisor following your recent stay with us.

I look forward to welcoming you back next year .

Reviewed 12 December 2013

From stepping into Reception staff well organised. Room was home from home nothing lacking and clean. Evening meal & Breakfast excellent, plenty of choices. The staff were friendly and all conducted themself very professional. Would have no hesitation in recomending this hotel to all

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
countryhmanager, Manager at Britannia Country House Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Thank you so much for your positive comments following your recent stay with us at the Britannia Country House Hotel.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and will be delighted to pass your comments to all of the staff at the hotel. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for placing your positive feedback Trip Advisor.