Britannia Country House Hotel & Spa
  • Room Service
US$119
US$107
  • Restaurant
Jurys Inn Manchester(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$88
Hotels.com
US$96
  • Free Internet
2,828 results
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is a tired and musty hotel that needs serious upgrading. There was a strong musty smell on the floor we stayed on, hallways were visibly in need of a good vacuum! Our room smelled very musty and overall was very dated and dirty.
We were part of a bus tour and no doubt this hotel was a very cheap option for the bus tour provider. The buffet dinner, which was included, was terrible! The food was dry, overcooked and tasteless. I ate only the veg and potatoes which were the worst by some distance that I ever experienced. Breakfast was very poor also.
Overall this hotel has nothing to recommend it. I can safely say I have never stayed in a worse hotel. Hospitality is an art which providers and staff should take pride in. It beggars belief that there remains demand for hotels such as this. I recommend you do not stay here.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank anfi02
countryhmanager, Manager at Britannia Country House Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Thank you so much for your comments following your recent stay with us at the Britannia Country House Hotel.

I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us and I have passed your comments on to both my head housekeeper and head chef to ensure all issues you have mentioned and investigated and rectified immediately.

Thank you for your constructive criticism, your comments will be taken on board.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed here last august before we went on holiday to menorca and had a really great night. Food was really good and reasonable prices, rooms were good and we had a great nights sleep followed by a good breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Thank you so much for your positive comments following your recent stay with us at the Britannia Country House Hotel.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for placing your positive feedback Trip Advisor.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed at this hotel for one night on a Coronation Street Tour with Caledonian Travel.
When we arrived at the hotel it looked good from the outside.
Check in was very quick and we soon on our way to room 146.
To say that the room needed upgrading is an understatement. The furniture was dated, the TV was like something from the Ark. It sat on a very low unit which made it difficult to see lying on the bed.
The room was very small and extremely warm. The window was hidden behind a grotty net curtain. When I moved the curtain to open the window you could barely see the window frame
for dirt. Once the window was open we were aware of a very loud and annoying noise. More about this later.
The bedroom walls were stained and required a coat of paint.
The bathroom was clean apart from the bottom of the shower cubicle frame.
After dinner, which was an average buffet, I went to reception to complain about the noise from outside the room. I was told by the person on duty that it was the kitchen extractor fan and the noise would stop when the kitchen closed. This I assumed meant that all would be quiet when it was time to sleep. How wrong I was. The fan went off and on all night. It was so bad that we had to sleep with the window closed. It was like sleeping in a sauna.
It is difficult to find any positives about this hotel.
I am glad that we were only there for one night and we certainly will not return.

Room Tip: Stay away from the kitchens.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Killiebill1965

Thank you for your comments following your recent stay with us.

I am sorry that you were unhappy with your recent stay with and I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for bringing these matters to my attention.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed here on the 30th April. We booked the hotel as a hotel/parking deal for the night before our holiday. In the deal we received 15 days parking, 2 course evening meal and a room for the evening. Transfers to the airport were extra but very reasonable. The evening meal was excellent and was self service, therefore you didn't go short of food. The rooms were very spacious and comfortable and lovely and clean. There was plenty of parking. The whole experience was great and I would definitely book again

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and will be delighted to pass your comments to all of the staff at the hotel. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for placing your positive feedback Trip Advisor.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

If I could give a zero rating i would. Supposed to be 3 star - I disagree . We returned at midnight from Egypt having booked a room 4 months in advance to find they had given our room to someone else. They had accepted more bookings than they had rooms. They then offered us a room which was supposed to be a double but had a 1.5 size bed as that was all that would fit in. The room stank of fresh paint , there were even do not touch stickers on still on display from when it had been painted. The room was on the 3rd floor and without a working lift. When I complained , and I was not the only one at reception complaining about their room, I was met with someone who described himself as assistant manager although clearly he wasn't. I asked for the manager to be told he would be in in about an hour. When i said i would wait I was then told he was not due in until the next day, I the asked them to get him on phone to be told they could'nt as he was actually on holiday and not due back for a few days and it would be his assistant who would be in in the morning. I asked for my money back which they refused. I then left and drove home. I would never use this hotel again. They have some 3 star quality rooms, I have stayed there before and was satisfied, but you will take pot luck as to what you get as a standard class room can range anywhere from a decent room to a minute completely unacceptable room which would not even get a 1 star rating and you should not expect any help from the staff if you find yourself in the unfortunate position of bring offered one of these low quality rooms.

Room Tip: choose another hotel
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank franktalkuk

I am sorry that you were unhappy with your recent stay with us and I would like to offer you my most sincere apologies. Should you wish to stay with us again, please contact me at the hotel directly to enable me to arrange your booking to ensure you have an enjoyable stay.

Once again please accept my most sincere apologies for any inconvenience that may have been caused.