Britannia Country House Hotel & Spa
US$66
US$168
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Jurys Inn Manchester(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$100
US$126
US$98
  • Free Internet
2,803 results
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We booked 1 nights stay and 8 nights parking. On arrival to the Brittiania Airport Inn hotel we were told they had overbooked and they were sending us to their sister hotel which was this one. Not a good start. Having been given directions which were completely useless we arrived at this hotel and from the minute I stepped in the building it was a nightmare. The hotel was not clean. The bar area was full of drunk men who were singing and shouting so loudly we could barely check in. There was no lift to get to our room so we had to haul 40kgs of luggage up two flights of stairs and the room was so outdated I thought I'd stepped back in time. There was absolutely no comparison between this hotel and the one we had booked to stay in. We ended up refusing to stay here and had to leave our car here and go back to our original hotel. As we should have been told that it was only our car they did not have room for. The whole experience was a complete disaster. I will never book a Brittiania hotel before I go on holiday again.

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank Nikki890520
countryhmanager, Manager at Britannia Country House Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Firstly I would like to apologise for any inconvenience that may have been caused during your stay at the Britannia Country House Hotel.

Unfortunately when the Britannia Airport Inn Car park became full we did have to re locate some of our guests to alternative and I am sorry that this was not explained to you on your arrival at the hotel.

Thank you for your constructive criticism your comments will be taken on board.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I stayed for one night while attending a wedding close by. I paid 38quid for my single room, with no breakfast. Yeh very much a no thrills experience. Room seemed nice when I first saw it, not a cubby hole by any means, proper full size bed and plenty of space. But closer inspection revealed a lot of dubious looking stains (possibly blood, i dunno) on the carpet and furniture. Oh well, this was OK for my brief stay.
More disappointing was the noise all through the night, people shouting and arguing in their rooms, running through the corridors and slamming the doors. Yes it was a Saturday night, so plenty of folks letting their hair down. It kept me awake a couple of hours, and I didnt feel like complaining cos they sounded quite aggressive. Not the hotels fault I guess, but I would pay more for for a peaceful night.

Nice surroundings btw, I took a little walk along the river, plenty of parks and also places to eat/drink close by.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank ploeb1

I am sorry that your room was not cleaned to our usual high standards and I have passed your comments on to my Head Housekeeper, whose duty it is to ensure that all rooms are issue free and presented to the highest possible standard and have pointed out that I will not accept guests being disappointed in such a way.

The Britannia Country House hotel is a large hotel with 255 bedrooms and extensive conference and banqueting facilities and at times can be extremely and I am sorry that you were disturbed by noise from

Thank you for your constructive criticism, your comments will be taken on board.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 9 June 2014

wanted to try this as I am staying weekly in the area and the hotel had come recommended.
What an awful dated place! Arriving outside, you think this looks reasonable, but then you step inside the reception, walk to the restaurants or to the rooms or even the rooms, brown panelling and dated carpets. Looks like it has been lost in the 70's
Air went in room was hanging off the wall, the room was dark, I banged my head on the ceiling in the shower.
The food, was not much better, ordered tomato and mozzarella for starter, covered in pesto. The mozzarella was the cheap and nasty version, all runny.
For main I had a pizza, wet and soggy bottom, an embarrassment to any pizza establishment.
It had put me so much off, that I decided not to tray the breakfast in the morning, but got myself a sandwich from somewhere else on the way to work.
I appreciate this is a hotel for mainly holiday travellers, but perhaps they should have some consideration for business travellers (who could become regular guests) and separate their sleeping areas from family sleeping areas. Kids crying, people coming and going, shouting, doors being slammed etc until 2AM...
Not a good nights sleep, definitely won't be going back there again.
Stay away if you can!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Ulrik P

I am sorry that you were unhappy with the food that was served in our Pizzeria restaurant. I do wish that you had spoken to our restaurant supervisor as your food could have been replaced to ensure you enjoyed your meal.

I am sorry that you were disturbed by noise, we do ask our guests to be quiet however some guests can be inconsiderate.

Thank you for your comments.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Stayed for one night and slept very little. The room had moths, the toiled wouldnt stop running and the sink and shower were dirty. I have travelled and stayed in many hotels and hostels and this is one of the dirtiest ive experienced. It is not like the photos advertise it to be! Got a refund on breakfast as the uncleanliness of the room put us off eating here!

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank karinalou85

Unfortunately when guests leave their window open moths can come into the room, I do wish you had called our reception who could have removed these for you.

I have passed your comments on the cleanliness of the hotel on to our head housekeeper to ensure a repetition of this does not happen again. I can assure you that our kitchens are clean and our buffet breakfast receives many compliments from guests I do wish you had stayed to have breakfast with us as I am sure you would have enjoyed it.

Thank you for your constructive criticism your comments will be taken on board.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here the night before we flew from Manchester. We got a hotel stay, dinner, parking and transfer deal. The rooms were clean and comfortable, dinner was ok but would recommend a local pub or restaurant instead. Transfers are every 45 minutes which we weren't told when booking. Overall it served its purpose and I would consider returning.

• Stayed: May 2014
countryhmanager, Manager at Britannia Country House Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Thank you so much for your comments following your recent stay with us at the Britannia Country House Hotel.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.