Britannia Country House Hotel & Spa
US$161
Hilton
US$66
  • Restaurant
Jurys Inn Manchester(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$100
US$120
US$112
Hotels.com
2,803 results
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here a while ago the hotel bar and rooms were great. Our attic room was amazing clean wasnt any faults I was very happy with my room untill !! We came back in from our night in town we was pulled at reception and told that we was in the wrong room and that we had not paid for it !!! :O the foreign staff couldnt understand english and why at gone one oclock in the am that we didnt want to move rooms !!! Then the staff couldnt understand how it wasnt our fault that I had signed a form and that had a womens name on for check in hahaha I mean come on guys !! It isnt my job I just signed when you asked. The manager or the guy in charge was foreign to and was so rude and boarder racist !! towards me after him shouting at me saying I hadnt paid my online booking when I even had my comformation form !! So then I had to pay for my room again so I could have a new electronic key as they had changed the key so we couldnt get in !! Also they had been in the room whilst we was out for what im not sure things was moved but nothing gone !! We also didnt get a sorry ect new staff needed !!!!!

• Stayed: August 2013
countryhmanager, Manager at Britannia Country House Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Thank you so much for your comments following your recent stay with us at the Britannia Country House Hotel.

I do wish that you had contacted me directly at the hotel at the time of your stay as I would have been able to deal with this matter immediately.

I would be grateful if you could contact me at the hotel and I will investigate this matter further to ensure it does not happen again.

Please accept my most sincere apologies for any inconvenience that may have been caused.

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

We would not have chosen to stay here but we were guests of Fly Be as we had missed our flight connection North due to a flight delay from Exeter. We arrived exhausted so requested an end of corridor quiet room at the back to make sure we would get some rest and sleep. A warren of corridors and lift out of order. Room was small but adequate for one night on the second floor. However, it overlooked what appeared to be the air conditioning plant which made the room extremely hot and our room did not benefit from being air conditioned! It was like trying to sleep in the tropics. Unbearable! We didn't get to experience the breakfast as we were picked up at 6am. If you're looking for a budget room without frills, don't mind being too hot and unable to sleep, fruit machines in the public areas, ageing decor and lifts out of order this could be for you.

1  Thank Superquine
countryhmanager, Manager at Britannia Country House Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Firstly I would like to apologise for any inconvenience that may have been caused during your stay at the Britannia Country House Hotel.

I am sorry that you were disturbed by noise during your stay and that our lift was out of order.

Thank you for your constructive criticism your comments will be taken on board.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Room good size, reception helpful. Carvery was nice. Very good value for money. Used for airport stop over way to get to shuttle organised easily. Would stay again and recommend to others to stop..........

• Stayed: July 2014

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the hotel to be good value for money.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for placing your positive feedback Trip Advisor and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

My husband&i stayed here for overnight stay before our holls .price for room&2wks parking excellent .when we booked via phone we got a room upgrade to an executive,but on arriving the room was anything but, room wasn't very big&felt like a normal room,later on evening lift broke, my husband at to carry 2 cases down stairs,plus side they let us have breakfast early before we went airport, we had lovely breakfast&staff nice friendly staff

• Stayed: June 2014

I am sorry that you were unhappy with the room that you were allocated and I wish you had spoken to our Duty Manager at the time as he could have arranged a room move for you to ensure you had a more enjoyable stay with us.

Unfortunately our lift has been out of order, we do not offer a porterage service however should a guest require assistance with their luggage our reception staff are available to help.

Should you wish to stay with us again please contact me at the hotel directly and I will make sure you receive a complimentary upgrade to an executive room.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Quite possibly the second worst hotel I have had the unfortunate opportunity to stay in, it's a 1 star experience I want to forget and a rat run of corridors that would confuse anyone in daylight and god forbid in an emergency. ...... not my cup of tea

• Stayed: July 2014
countryhmanager, Manager at Britannia Country House Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

I am sorry that you were unhappy with your recent stay. We have 255 bedrooms over 4 floors and it can be confusing for some guests. We do have plaques on the walls giving guests directions to rooms and numerous fire exit signs with arrows to ensure that if there was an emergency situation guests would know exactly where to go.

Thank you for your constructive criticism your comments will be taken on board.