Townhouse Hotel Manchester
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Free Internet
  • Room Service
1,811 results
All reviewslovely hotelportland streetcentral locationstreet noisenespresso machineq parkbusy roadcooked breakfastcomfy bedgay villagesaturday nightexecutive roomlovely roomwould stay againbreakfast was excellentafternoon teareception staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 August 2011

I stayed here for 2 nights midweek with my girlfriend. We booked on laterooms and got it for £59 a night on room only.

We had a corner bedroom on the 4th floor with great views. Nice bug room but it was a twin when we'd booked a double. Reception did call about 20 mins after we had checked in and asked if we wanted to change rooms but we liked the room we were in and had already unpacked.

Location is great....we found a fab cocktail bar next to the arora hotel which is about 2 mins walk and also went to try Thai which is a fab Thai restaurant which we could actually see from our hotel room. It's only about 10 min walk into the city centre shops etc so all in all a fantastic spot.

The only negative is you can hear quite a bit of noise from the street and the hotel bar lacks any kind of atmosphere....at least put some
Music on folks.

Reviewed 22 August 2011

I had read reviews from guests, mostly commenting on the fact that in the outside, the sign refers to the Princess Hotel (which could prove a little confusing). Upon arrival at reception, was welcomed by the night porter and went to my room. Had a super corner room which was very spacious. Simple but well decorated, tea and coffee facilities and free wi-fi. The bathroom was also lovely with a rain shower, although I felt the bathroom decor was a little too dark. Excellent breakfast with cold buffet and choice of cooked breakfast (all included in the price).

The staff were very friendly and went out of their way to help.

The only downside (and this is not a criticism of the hotel) is the fact that Portland Street is very noisy on Friday night so best to bring ear plugs.

I will definitely be staying at the MacDonald Townhouse again.

Reviewed 22 August 2011

This hotel was planned as a get-a-way with my boyfriend, i had requested an extra special room on booking and am not totally convinced we got one!

It was on portland street and we could pretty much see where primark was from our room so proving how close to the centre it was! very close to canal street if that floats your boat!

The rooms were spacious and the bathrooms very very clean and sparkly. I would like to comment on the lack of light however? the bathrooms were dimly lit, perfect for a romantic bath but not so great for everything else.

Also there are no getting ready mirrors with decent lights. I think this is needed as people do usually need light to get ready!

Apart from that the hotel was lovely, the chair in the room was a little stained but only cost £70 for the room on a weekend night so can't complain.

The check-in was speedy and she was very helpful, however she stated we were in a double room and i confirmed this. on arrival at our room it was a twin? with 2 beds. I hate complaining so i didn't say anything but it was great falling off the bed in the night to be honest.

Only in the morning we found the latch that will hold them together, i am not stupid but that definitly wasn't stated anywhere!

Overall perfect for what we needed.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 August 2011

Recently renovated. Rooms are small but fine and price is reasonable. Good location. Too bad the renovation did not include replacing windows by new one with better acoustic properties. My room was in the back and noise from the street was distinctly audible in the morning.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 August 2011

My wife and I stayed here for a night in August and had mixed feelings about it. Firstly the staff are lovely, attentive and very helpful. The hotel guest areas, bar, restaurant and lobby are lovely. The rooms are one of the negatives I am afraid. Ours had a lamp that did not work, a light in the bathroom that did not work, a chair that was broken and we had no milk with our tea and coffee supplies. Now we were only there for a night and decided not to complain as we were not in the room much anyway. However I think had we complained, the staff would have understood and done everything to rectify the problems. The second negative is the price. The room was 90 pounds for the night, not a lot by any means, but compared to similar hotels nearby not great value considering breakfast for the 2 of us was 25 pounds extra, and was not exactly big. Anyway not a negative experience by any means, but compared to other hotels we have stayed in for similar amounts per night, this one was not as good as we expected.