Townhouse Hotel Manchester
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Free Internet
  • Room Service
1,830 results
All reviewslovely hotelportland streetcentral locationstreet noisenespresso machineq parkbusy roadcooked breakfastcomfy bedgay villagesaturday nightexecutive roomlovely roomwould stay againbreakfast was excellentafternoon teareception staff
Reviewed 1 December 2011

nice hotel in central manchester. good sized rooms, comfortable bed.
bathroom does have bath and shower
yes there is some noise at night but you are in the middle of the city of manchester so not to be unexpected
evening meals good but breakfast is expensive and cheaper options available easily within a few minutes walk from hotel ( £2.50 for b/fast roll and coffee if turn left on portland street, .less than a fiver for full cooked breakfast at Yatess if you turn right on portland street.)
Main enrance is on side street, still has sign outside saying princess hotel on portland street.
would certailnly use again

Room Tip: rooms on higher floors are quieter
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank DocML
Reviewed 28 November 2011

After reading a number of reviews on here - and following a disagreement with Macdonald Hotels - I wasn't really looking forward my stay at this hotel last Friday..

Instead we had great time and loved the stylish hotel with it's modern, clean decor. The staff were friendly and helpful and did all they could to make our (brief) stay a good one, ensuring that any requests were handled efficiently and without fuss.

The restaurant was very nice too with great food, cooked and served well, neither too rushed nor too slow. There was a varied choice, which was great given I was staying with my 15yo son.

We ordered our breakfast for 8am prompt the next morning and were not let down.

All in all we really had a great night at this stylish hotel in the heart of the city and just a short walk from the car park. I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a nice, pleasant stay in Manchester.

Room Tip: We took the dinner, bed and breakfast package and the room was of a good size and probably a step up from the standard rooms.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank StaffsMark
Reviewed 26 November 2011

My husband and I have over night stays in Manchester a couple of times a year and try to stay somewhere different each time. I'm so glad we tried the Townhouse I was very impressed! Checking in was great and we got the high floor we asked for. Good size rooms with everything you need. Didn't stay for breakfast as it was rather expensive so settled for a Deli on New York Street for fresh OJ and a bacon butty!
I have a couple of niggles tho but they certainly didn't affect our stay....hairdryer cord could have been longer, would have liked more than 1 bottle of water with 2 of us staying and the pressure of the shower dropped considerably in the morning, I assumed most people were using at the same time, but still had one it just wasn't very powerful. Would definitely recommend this hotel and would certainly go back.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank Joanne S
Reviewed 26 November 2011

Hotel is good quality, nice and clean. Quite expensive compared to other hotels of similar standard in the area. May stay again if work pay but I would not pay the prices to stay here.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed 20 November 2011

We chose this hotel as it is very well situated in the city centre - ideal for the Christmas market, tram stop to get to the opera at the Lowry in Salford Quays, art gallery and shops. Our room was on the 4th floor, which gave us a very good view of central Manchester. Unfortunately it also gave us very little sleep because of the noise from the street outside, from both people and traffic. Manchester on a Saturday night is not a peaceful experience! Because of this, I'm not sure I'd choose to stay here again, even though the hotel itself is very nice.

Our room was on the small side, but well decorated, clean and modern. Breakfast was fine, although asking a supplement of £2.50 for several items on the menu seemed unnecessarily mean.

The staff are a great asset to this hotel. Every one we met was friendly and helpful - even when we asked for sandwiches at 11.15 pm.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple