Townhouse Hotel Manchester
US$161
Hilton
US$66
  • Restaurant
Jurys Inn Manchester(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$100
US$176
US$127
Travelocity
1,813 results
All reviewslovely hotelportland streetcentral locationstreet noisenespresso machineq parkbusy roadcooked breakfastcomfy bedgay villagesaturday nightexecutive roomlovely roomwould stay againbreakfast was excellentafternoon teareception staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 March 2012

We stayed one night, we parked at Q , then walked up and down Portland street looking for the hotel It was only by chance we found it. (the princess hotel) The staff are helpful and friendly.
We stayed one night, the room was very clean and smart but very small, I woke in the night a few times the room felt airless and closed in. I will use this Hotel again but if its for more than one night I would have to have a bigger room.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Doll00
Reviewed 19 March 2012

Although room and food are pretty decent, a lot of undesirable events made me dislike my stay at this hotel. And, see, I was not just staying there, but also running a class in one of their conference rooms.

Basically, they're sorry there's no beef at the restaurant (altough there are flyers everywhere, from the elevator to my room, announcing their great 21-day-aged beef), they're sorry Internet is not working in my room (yes, I know I could have gone to another room, but who wants that for a 3-day stay?), they're sorry laudry will not be delivered at the promised time and they're sorry there's no gym altough there promote there is.

About that last one, I specifically asked about it before booking everything. Well, at the hotel, they made me walk all the way to a gym center which was supposed to accept guests from the hotel, but - surprise - they don't! Not anymore, at least! The receptionist at the hotel told me she would speak to the manager to compensate me somehow - I was very disappointed - but no one came to talk to me. They're just sorry.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Rafael S
Reviewed 18 March 2012

I stayed her for two nights over the weekend. The hotel has recently been re-furbished and the money has been well spent. The rooms and bar area are very moderen stylish and functional. Our room wasnt huge however prefectly suitable for a two night stay. I also found the staff very friendly and chatty. My main issue with the hotel are that It is diffcult to find. The pricture which is showen on website which looks like the main entrance is actually not on Portland street and hotel is still displaying signs outside which say Princess Hotel. Which i belivie is the name of the hotel before Macdonald took over. Therefore we walked past the hotel and up a very long Portland street twice before finding the hotel ( Not many builidings had buildings number). The other issue which has possibly put me off staying at the hotel is the noise issue. We were on the first floor at the front of the building and could here almost everything from street level . We were awoken countless times during the night and then again very early in the morning as drilling was taking place on the road outside our room. I understand that the hotel can not control what is happing outside however I think the sound proofing (if any ) Is very poor. I would only suggest the hotel should maybe not assign those rooms to guest ( if possible and not full ) when there are road works outside the hotel .

Room Tip: Ask for a quite rooms even if you are not a light sleeper.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 March 2012

I've stayed in many hotels in Manchester over the years as I travel alot for work and this has to be one of the best!
I checked in early doors as I was off to a meeting and didn't expect to be given a room as I was well before the 2pm check in time but this was not an issue. My room was on the 3rd floor, very modern and spacious in both the bedroom and bathroom. The attention to detail was impeccable as was the cleanliness. I had a seperate shower also which by the way was as god send as I woke up late the next morning and I always find it quicker to step in the shower rather than stepping in the bath. I opted for room service and ate in my room. Service was very quick and the food was lovely. I didn't try the resturaunt because I was on my own but it looked very comfortable and relaxed.
Needless to say I will be back and next time with someone I can have dinner with!

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank Kibib
Reviewed 13 March 2012

My partner and I have stayed at this hotel 3 times over the last year. It is in a great location, close to Train Station (10 min walk max with case) , Shopping (10 min) and nightlife on Canal Street (5 min). The staff are all very friendly. Especially the barman that was on duty on our last visit when some other customers were a bit out of order in my opinion. The poor guy was on his own with a number of customers yet he remained professional throughout.
The rooms are of a good size and clean, with nice bathrooms. The hotel is on a very busy street and there is some street noise but this is the middle of Manchester after all.
I only have one gripe after staying at a few different Macdonald hotels - why leave one bottle of water when there are 2 guests?

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple