US$106
US$99
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$111/night.

Jurys Inn Manchester(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$83
US$142
US$134
US$112
US$93
Orbitz.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$103/night.

US$93
Free cancellation until 05/08
Book now, pay at stay
  • Free Internet
The Midland(Manchester)
US$171
US$99
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$122/night.

US$86
US$128
US$116
US$98
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$114/night.

1,867 results
All reviewslovely hotelportland streetcity centrestreet noisenespresso machineq parkbusy roadcooked breakfastafternoon teacomfy bedgreat central locationsaturday nightexecutive roomlovely roomwould stay againbreakfast was excellentreception staff
Reviewed 1 December 2012

What a gem of a hotel. Myself and my husband stayed at this hotel as a base for our Christmas shopping trip in Manchester.
The staff were very warm and welcoming and couldn’t have been more helpful. The hotel is modern and even though it is a small hotel it still feels top class.
Our room was spacious with a great view of the city, the breakfast was very good and we chose to have it on room service. The only fault, if I were to be picky, is that the bathroom is all black and due to this it felt very, very dark and even though it has modern fittings it does feel dated.
I have read previous comments on here about the noise, we did not experience this at all and as the hotel is situated in the middle of the city, you would except some noise.
We normally stay at the Midland hotel when we are in Manchester and I would consider the Macdonald Town house our second favourite hotel in the city.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 December 2012

The Big Mac in the title is the other Macdonald around the corner, and is referred to as such.

I love staying here. There is always a friendly greeting and they have on a number of occasions put extra effort in to help out. Once I arrived and discovered I wasn't booked in. The booking company we use had got the dates wrong. The chap on reception said don't worry, we will look after your bags and contact the booking firm for you. It was all sorted within minutes and he rang me to let me know. The first time I stayed was during the riots last year, and they had boarded up the windows and doors. The bar staff were all very chatty and putting people at ease.

This time when I arrived they had decorated for Christmas and were offering warm mince pies, hot chocolate and little chocolates wrapped in foil. The restaurant manager recognises me now, and when I explained that I may need to stay another night, he offered to try and get a room at a sister hotel for me. Everywhere nearby was booked up due to a football match. As it turned out I didn't need the extra night as the training was cancelled for the following day.

The rooms are beautiful, the location excellent and the staff brilliant. The food is really good too. I've eaten a couple of times at night, and although not cheap, it is fab. The breakfasts are really good as well. There is free WiFi everywhere.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 November 2012

I stopped here on business, I can not fault this hotel at all, the room was big a spacious, exactly what you see on the pictures, bathroom perfect after a stressful day, the staff were dead helpful as I had never been to Manchester before and couldn't help me enough to get myself around. Only down fall was the bar, the bar man did not know how to make a cocktail, told me it was the 1st time he had made a cocktail, and tasted of pure alcohol. There is also no gym or spa facilitys in this hotel, which would of topped it of to be a brilliant hotel. But all in all I will make sure I stay back in this hotel when I return back to Manchester.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 November 2012

We've stayed at most of the hotels in Manchester and thought a change is as good as a rest and so chose to stay in this hotel having, of course, checked out the opinions of TA reviewers. We were not disappointed. Great staff, great location and very nice accommodation. The lovely girl on reception checked us in quickly and efficiently and with good humour. We met our colleague in the bar for a quick drink before heading up to the room to change for dinner. The bar area is nice, clean, open and again the staff were very pleasant and helpful. We headed up to get changed for dinner and the room I had was great - perfectly functional for as a good hotel should be. Nice sized bed, great flat screen television, bathroom with separate shower (no shower curtains....). Only problem I found was everywhere was slightly dim - room needed slightly brighter lights and certainly my bathroom lighting made it difficult to apply makeup etc. Water on the side table etc was good. The bed was very comfortable and I slept very well. Breakfast is served next to the bar area and again the staff were very polite and efficient. We'll definitely consider coming back here again - although I hear that the other Macdonald hotel near Piccadilly is good - we might give that a try! Well done team - keep up the good work.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 November 2012

I have just returned from my stay at the Macdonald townhouse hotel, I booked a last minute Saturday night stay for a short weekend in Manchester and it was lovely ! I booked an executive room as it was a special occasion and I was not disappointed. We checked in a little early and was pleased to be informed my room was ready early and I could check in immediately. The staff were very professional and very friendly, the porter showed us to our room and showed me around explaining how things work and was open to any questions I had. After unpacking we went shopping in Manchester I would recommend Rosso Restaurant which is close to the hotel, the early menu was very good value for money and the food and wine wonderful, all in a very well decorated establishment, simply fab. When we returned to the hotel they had turned down the bed for us and set out robes and slippers and water for our return ( a nice touch I thought) after a great night in Manchester we slept very well the bed was king size and very comfortable. We had breakfast in the morning which was lovely, a good choice of cooked and continental breakfast available with a very good standard of service. Overall the hotel was in a fantastic location for restaurants, shops and local attractions. A very professionally ran hotel with great staff. I am looking forward to a return visit.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple