US$106
US$99
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$113/night.

US$115
US$81
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$94/night.

Jurys Inn Manchester(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$83
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$94/night.

US$124
US$145
US$100
Doubletree
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$115/night.

US$144
US$125
US$94
  • Free Internet
The Midland(Manchester)
US$155
US$100
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$137/night.

US$87
US$85
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$98/night.

1,860 results
All reviewslovely hotelportland streetcity centrestreet noisenespresso machineq parkbusy roadcooked breakfastafternoon teacomfy bedgreat central locationsaturday nightexecutive roomlovely roomwould stay againbreakfast was excellentreception staff
Reviewed 1 December 2012

Had a fantastic stay in this hotel. Went to Manchester for the Christmas market, had a wonderful weekend made even better by the hotel. We arrived quiet late and they where more than accommodating for us both. After settling in, they open the bar for us and we had a good laugh with the staff. The following evening on our way out I fell down the stairs. All the staff where excellent making sure I was alright, and could walk asking if they could get anything, nothing was too much. We also upgraded for £10 a night and the room we had was fab. Top floor, lovely views, and bed was lovely and comfy, and shower was fab. So good, already looking at taking my mum here in March for her birthday.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 December 2012

What a gem of a hotel. Myself and my husband stayed at this hotel as a base for our Christmas shopping trip in Manchester.
The staff were very warm and welcoming and couldn’t have been more helpful. The hotel is modern and even though it is a small hotel it still feels top class.
Our room was spacious with a great view of the city, the breakfast was very good and we chose to have it on room service. The only fault, if I were to be picky, is that the bathroom is all black and due to this it felt very, very dark and even though it has modern fittings it does feel dated.
I have read previous comments on here about the noise, we did not experience this at all and as the hotel is situated in the middle of the city, you would except some noise.
We normally stay at the Midland hotel when we are in Manchester and I would consider the Macdonald Town house our second favourite hotel in the city.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 December 2012

The Big Mac in the title is the other Macdonald around the corner, and is referred to as such.

I love staying here. There is always a friendly greeting and they have on a number of occasions put extra effort in to help out. Once I arrived and discovered I wasn't booked in. The booking company we use had got the dates wrong. The chap on reception said don't worry, we will look after your bags and contact the booking firm for you. It was all sorted within minutes and he rang me to let me know. The first time I stayed was during the riots last year, and they had boarded up the windows and doors. The bar staff were all very chatty and putting people at ease.

This time when I arrived they had decorated for Christmas and were offering warm mince pies, hot chocolate and little chocolates wrapped in foil. The restaurant manager recognises me now, and when I explained that I may need to stay another night, he offered to try and get a room at a sister hotel for me. Everywhere nearby was booked up due to a football match. As it turned out I didn't need the extra night as the training was cancelled for the following day.

The rooms are beautiful, the location excellent and the staff brilliant. The food is really good too. I've eaten a couple of times at night, and although not cheap, it is fab. The breakfasts are really good as well. There is free WiFi everywhere.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 November 2012

I stopped here on business, I can not fault this hotel at all, the room was big a spacious, exactly what you see on the pictures, bathroom perfect after a stressful day, the staff were dead helpful as I had never been to Manchester before and couldn't help me enough to get myself around. Only down fall was the bar, the bar man did not know how to make a cocktail, told me it was the 1st time he had made a cocktail, and tasted of pure alcohol. There is also no gym or spa facilitys in this hotel, which would of topped it of to be a brilliant hotel. But all in all I will make sure I stay back in this hotel when I return back to Manchester.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 November 2012

We've stayed at most of the hotels in Manchester and thought a change is as good as a rest and so chose to stay in this hotel having, of course, checked out the opinions of TA reviewers. We were not disappointed. Great staff, great location and very nice accommodation. The lovely girl on reception checked us in quickly and efficiently and with good humour. We met our colleague in the bar for a quick drink before heading up to the room to change for dinner. The bar area is nice, clean, open and again the staff were very pleasant and helpful. We headed up to get changed for dinner and the room I had was great - perfectly functional for as a good hotel should be. Nice sized bed, great flat screen television, bathroom with separate shower (no shower curtains....). Only problem I found was everywhere was slightly dim - room needed slightly brighter lights and certainly my bathroom lighting made it difficult to apply makeup etc. Water on the side table etc was good. The bed was very comfortable and I slept very well. Breakfast is served next to the bar area and again the staff were very polite and efficient. We'll definitely consider coming back here again - although I hear that the other Macdonald hotel near Piccadilly is good - we might give that a try! Well done team - keep up the good work.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business