“Great location, spotless room, 24hr bar!”

Townhouse Hotel Manchester
Ranked #47 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Booked this for our 2nd Wedding anniversary, and got the executive room for £100 for the night. Short walk from the station, fantastic welcome by the reception staff - they even brought us a couple of glasses of Champagne to the room. Short walk to the main shopping areas and bars in the evening. We will definitely stay here again. Never noticed the noise others have mentioned, but that may be because we were partying more than sleeping!

If you do stay I recommend the Richmond Tea Rooms for breakfast,

2  Thank Timull
There are newer reviews for Townhouse Hotel Manchester

Reviewed 6 October 2013

The hotel was clean and room lovely. The bathroom was roomy and there was good tea and coffee facilities but it was incredibly noisy due to being on a crossroads! the buses running through the night really caused the most noise but taxi's beeping at 4am didn't help!!!
Breakfast was nice but it felt that the waitress didn't want to be there.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not on road front??
Reviewed 3 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 night on business which coincided with the Conservative Party Conference. I knew that I would have to pay over the odds as the city was busy and at full capacity. I trekked lots of luggage from the nearest open air NCP.... up the stairs to reception (no help offered even though reception staff quite clearly observed this). Checked in to room 216. The room was very small and strangely had an opaque, 'greyed' out sash window. Therefore no view and zero natural light. I decided on dinner in the hotel bar- the seared tuna nicoise was excellent. Back to the room for an early night as I'd got a busy day planned. It soon went down hill- with a bang! Literally. The noise from the club opposite/ behind the hotel from 11pm onwards was awful- particularly bad from 2.30 - 4am !! Shouting, vile language and general disturbance. I had just dropped off when at 6am the bottle bins were emptied. On checkout I was asked how my stay was. I explained my disappointment and asked for an explanation. The receptionist explained that they were aware of this problem with this room. Really?! Why charge almost £200 for a room only/ no gym/ no breakfast/ no parking for a room with ridiculous noise issues! And admit it! I was insulted that basically I'd been ripped off. Even a Premier Inn would offer a money back guarantee for a shocking nights sleep! Not acceptable. Will not return.

• Stayed: October 2013
3  Thank manoloCardiff
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Our room was upgraded upon check-in, which was lovely. The room was very spacious and well appointed. Our bed was comfortable and everything was clean and in good order. We didn't have breakfast so I can't comment on that but the staff were friendly and helpful. The hotel is in a great location, not far from anything and surrounded by plenty of restaurants. The only negative, and this is really nit-picking, is that in a very spacious bathroom, the shower was quite small with a massive rain shower so that trying to stand out of the way when you put conditioner in your hair, is quite difficult. All-in-all, a very pleasant stay and I would stay here again.

Room Tip: We had room 410 and noise wasn't a problem for us.
Reviewed 2 October 2013

I travel to Manchester regularly for business. My first stay at the Townhouse although I regularly use Macdonald Piccadilly. I was very imprssed and will definitely use again. Well situated, clean, quiet and reasonably spacious. Breakfast was very good.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Stayed in a family room on a Saturday evening so was expecting some noise, but in fact the noise was so overpowering we had to ask for ear plugs! I understand it was a Saturday night but when paying almost 150 pounds for a one night stay I expected a good nights sleep.
More worryingly the air conditioning system was making a buzzing noise on and off so had to contend with that too. Found in the morning that the air conditioning was leaking into the power unit and running down the wall! I switched it off and reported to reception on the way out.
We were told they were very sorry and would contact me with some sort of discount or apology, I have heard nothing, then to top it off I was charged an extra fee for paying by Credit card! Very disappointed.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank DAVID P
Reviewed 28 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night and found the hotel lovely and had an enjoyable stay.
Very convenient location, close by parking, large comfortable bed, very clean, excellent amenities.

However at just before 8 am we were startled to find a maid walked into our room without knocking and walked straight back out again. This woke us earlier than we would have liked after a late night, not to mention scared us to death!!!

A few things in the bathroom like a lose shelf in the very small shower, and a very lose wobbly bathroom tap are small things that could be (and should be) easily fixed.

And finally when I went to make a cup of tea with the facilities in the room there were only early grey or green tea bags. Yuk.

I would have explained all this at check out only the receptionist never asked if we had a good stay?!

Never the less a comfortable night, and didn't notice any particular nightlife noise.. Even though the weekend...

• Stayed: September 2013