Britannia Sachas Hotel
US$140
  • Restaurant
Ibis Manchester Centre Portland Street(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$74
  • Breakfast included
US$161
Radisson Blu
  • Pool
Princess St. Hotel(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$158
US$124
US$97
  • Free Internet
2,306 results
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 March 2011

We got the hotel "cheap" from Late Rooms.

We stayed in the room right above the Sachas hotel sign...so the room had a suspicious red glow about it...but the curtains did help to "block" it out for the most part.

Tacky is probably the word for it...but it is in a good location near the city centre...even if it is down the "back streets".

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
GM705, General Manager at Britannia Sachas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2011

Dear Pinksparklycrayons,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor, it’s important I receive invaluable guest feedback like yours so I can review and improve standards or service with in the hotel.

Reviewed 11 March 2011

This hotel was an absolute disgrace. I wouldn't even allow my dog to stay here. The whole place smelled of sour milk and dampness. We were put in three different rooms, all filthy. Carpets stained, leaking taps in all the rooms we were in. Sheets weren't fresh and certainly didnt look clean. Windows in the rooms were filthy but apparently we should have been grateful to have a window at all as apparently most people didnt. The breakfast was a joke! The glasses that we had were dirty and one was chipped and a big split down it. The coffee was foul. In fact I cant think of a single thing that is positive about this hotel and to be perfectly honest totally shocked that it is allowed to be in operation at all!!!!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lou8087

Dear Lou8087

I can assure you that the bedding is all clean when you check into any of my rooms and any suggestion otherwise is baffling to say the least.

Unless you picked up a used glass the breakfast glasses are all clean as the staff spend time polishing each individual glass but I am sorry if you found one that was cracked and chipped this is unacceptable.

Reviewed 11 March 2011

Just returned from 2 nights at Sashas. Didn't pay a fortune for the stay so didn't expect too much. Staff were helpful when presented with a room problem. It is basic and the rooms without windows are quite stuffy. The place really could do with a lick of paint and a makeover but overall ya get what ya pay for!! The location is superb.
The only really bad aspect of my stay was the obnoxious bar staff member who obviously played truant when she was sent to charm school.......the service industry isn't for you!!!!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Corky1972

Reviewed 7 March 2011

Spent two nights at their Executive Double Room. Building is fairly run-down. One lift was out of order and the other one was extremely slow. You should consider taking the stairs instead.

My bathroom's floor isn't even. Room has horrible outdated green carpret with flowery wallpapers. Unncessary extra furniture with one massive TV cupboard with no TV in it! I would prefer a bigger desk. Bed is low and not firm. If you have a bad back, be aware.

I would not bother with breakfast even though it is only a fiver. Food quality was bad. It is a self-service and I had a full breakfast but the sausages looked like leftovers from last night.

The only good point is that it is close to city centre and about 8 mins walk from Manchester Piccadilly station. However it gets very noisy on Friday and Saturday nights because they are many bars and pubs nearby.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo

Dear M_Smlam

Unfortunately you are correct one lift was out of order this was due to a mechanical fault that was beyond our control.

The décor will never appeal to everyone’s taste no matter what colours were used.

The beds again will not suit everyone as some like beds soft, some semi firm and others hard but the majority of my guests do enjoy a comfortable nights sleep on the beds I have.

I am surprised about your comments re breakfast but I will pass on your thoughts to my chef

Reviewed 7 March 2011

After ready the horrid reviews on here i was extremely worried about arriving at this hotel. We were only staying the one night but was dreading it. On arrival the outside did appear dingy but upon entering the reception i was pleasantly suprised. The gentleman on reception was very nice and helpful and our room was very spacious, clean and tidy. Fresh clean sheets, bathroom was extremely clean with a jacuzzi bath, TV, tea and coffee, trouser press, hair dryer. The bar in the hotel had good drinks offers on and the breakfast the next morning was fab. Lots to choose from and as it was a buffet you could go back as many times as you liked. We could find no fault with this hotel at all, all the staff we dealt with were very friendly and helpful, good drinks prices, clean room, clean sheets - what more can you ask for?? Defo worth a re-visit.

Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MandyF0

Dear MandyF0,

It is refreshing as a hotelier to see that guests that are happy do leave positive feedback as this helps to motivate my team and improve standards.