“good value”

Ranked #96 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
manchester
“good value”
Reviewed 20 February 2012

me and my partner have stayed in sachas many time its perfectly placed in the center of manchester its cheap on cost but the standards are high the staff are easy to talk to and they give u a discounted breakfast thats excellent in all departments its the best breakfastin town trust me i wouldnt lie

Room Tip: the rooms r good quality for the price any problems the desk staff are very good
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank billyblue1954

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (506)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Well after reading the reviews on here before we went i was terrified!

The hotel wasn't as bad as i thought to be fair.

The rooms were a bit dated and dark (as ours had no proper windows and just AC)

If you are out for a party weekend this is pretty good as its cheap and all you really want is a bed. but if you are after a relaxing spa or romantic break then NO.

The shower was a nightmare as it was hot then cold hot then cold and its run off the taps.
Breakfast was included which was not bad really.
My friends had a leak from their ceiling and complained to reception but they didnt seem to care and said they would get maintenance but not move them as there was no free rooms. But when the went down the 2nd time another member of staff moved them no bother and gave them a free bottle of wine for their trouble.

The man in charge of the restaurant was no very professional, there was 18 of us wanting to have a bit of dinner but he told us there was no room, even although there were empty tables around the place and we explained we would be paying 10£ a head at least but he didnt seem interested, until we were leaving the hotel and he then changed his mind and told us he could fit us in!

Phil the barman is a legend! but the bar prices are shocking! happy hour runs every night but with happy hour the prices just come down to what they would normally be in other places.

Room Tip: Unless you are in manchester for a mad party weekend that will involve lots of drink and all you req...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Manchester hotels

Reviewed 18 February 2012

Me and my boyfriend came here for Valentine's day 2012. It is very outdated (carpets + pictures). We had to wait until 2pm to check in so that was half the dday gone already, when we waiting to be checked in we had to wait a while to be seen even with no que . The room was standard, walls were dirty and big dirty patch on tthe floor. The shower was working but half the wwater came out the bottom of the ahower aand ended uup all over the ffloor and wall. We had to pay £4 each to use the pool when we where guests of the hotel which i didn't think wwas right. Other than all that it is in a great location near all the shops and a sshort wwalk from bars/ entertainment. They allowed uus to leave our luggage with them on our checkout date as we didn't want tto walk arround with it all. I would only stay again if I was going on a night out not for a romantic night. It was worth what we paid I suppose.

• Stayed February 2012
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 February 2012

My young son and I stayed at the hotel.The room was average however the bed left alot to be desired.The mattress was absolutely horendous.You could feel every spring.I asked for a spare quilt to place on the bed to allow some comfort and requested this 3 times over a two hour period (between 2000-2230).I could not leave the room as my son was asleep.Thats when staff answered the phone,literally 3-5 minutes.I ended up sleeping on the existing quilt,on the floor without covers.The matress was really that bad.The bathroom had no plug for a bath and the basin plug was fitted although didnt work.The bath area was covered in mould on the sealant.The noise of other revellers at night ensured little sleep.In fact the room 247 had no windows,I think even cells have windows for light.

Room Tip: dont know if there are any good rooms
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank trueforsure
Jersey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 February 2012

A group of 4 of us stayed here for the UTD-Liverpool match and I can honestly say it the worst place I've ever stayed in my life, it's dirty,grim,dated n tbh I don't even think its worth the cheap prices. We had no window he bathroom was filthy, mould everywhere, an old box for a tv a tiny little portable fan for air con, the wallpaper was falling off and holes in the walls. People say its got a good location.....if u call in the middle of prozzy central a gd location then u need to have a word with yourself, I don't want to be coming back from old Trafford or a bar and see some fat old hooker hangin round outside my hotel. Also the breakfast was shocking, mingin rubbery bacon n sausages and eggs that look like they were made last week it was a joke, and when a couple o the others went for when of there 5 quid roasts they were told that they had run out of meat and offered fish instead....a fish roast??? O and stay away from the pool it looks like a sess pit.....basically pay the couple quid more and get somewhere clean like the premier inn which is where we will be booking next time

Room Tip: Don't book here
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank ross m
Cheshire
Reviewed 8 February 2012

Loads of really terrible reviews on here and although I can understand why, ulitimately, you get what you pay for.
This could be quite an impressive hotel if lots of money was spent on it. But it hasn't and it isn't.
However, I paid £24 for a double room on a Thursday night (with 2 windows) and it did all I required.
The room was warm, bed was comfy and the shower worked. What more do you need for an overnight stop??

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Hucknall, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 February 2012

Stayed here last night with my boyfriend, after deciding in the afternoon we wanted another night in Manchester but didn’t want to pay the rate that we had paid in the Radisson Edwardian.
We booked on late rooms for £24, what a bargain. Right in the centre of town, so I could get the train in the morning and he could get straight on the metro.
On arrival, our booking hadn’t gone through, as late rooms shuts on a Sunday and doesn’t process bookings. But the very helpful young man on reception, booked us in as a walk in guest for the same rate as late rooms and made sure our late rooms one was cancelled.
We were in a deluxe room, very clean, but yes very dated and could do with some modifications – but we weren’t there for a holiday we slept and left.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is in Manchester and isn’t there to spend time in the hotel, use it as a base, somewhere to lay your head.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple