“An absolutely terrible experience”

Britannia Sachas Hotel
Ranked #100 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 1 August 2012

This hotel has got to be one of the worst I have ever had the misfortune of staying in. I stayed here for one night on a business trip because it was centrally located in Manchester and it seemed reasonably priced.

I would never make the same mistake again. The carpets were disgusting, the corridoors and the bedroom stank of smoke and the room had no windows. As if this wasn't bad enough - the reception staff were rude and charged me an extra £2 for paying my bill by debit card!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Erf1984
There are newer reviews for Britannia Sachas Hotel

Reviewed 1 August 2012

We stayed here for a Saturday night in July. We paid £97 for a twin room, basic with no window, which I knew I had booked. Upon arrival, we were checked in fairly quickly, and went to our room. Upon walking down the corrider we noticed that it smelt of stale fags, and when we opened our room door, was met with an awful smell - a musty dirty smell. We sprayed body spray over the room and when we returned it smelt again.
The TV was pretty much on the floor and was not viewable from the beds.
The toilet didn't like to be used more than once in 5 minutes, as it didn't want to flush the second time.
We went out feeling like we smelt due to the awful smell in the rooms.
The shower was all rotten round the edges.
The air condition unit didn't really blow out cold air as the dial had broken so couldn't see what temperature it was on
I would not recommend this hotel to anybody and would not stop here again. I am completely disgusted with the price we paid to stop here!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank emsyh
Reviewed 30 July 2012

What a dump! Dirty, tacky and grim. The rooms without windows are my favourite part.

If you want a dirt cheap bed for the night right in the city centre then you may consider this place. Otherwise I suggest you avoid.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank James R
Reviewed 29 July 2012

Carpets were filthy. Room smelt awful and had no window. For £100 per night, totally disgusted with the standards. Needs a complete refurb. Car park is nowhere near hotel.
Only good thing is its location and the lager was £1.50 a pint when we stayed.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Sharon H
Reviewed 27 July 2012

The first thing which greeted me in the room was buzzing bluebottles circling near the ceiling. The source of the flies was unclear, but I did notice that the window sill was very dirty, especially the groove of what looked where 2ndry double glazing had been was encrusted with black dirt. On looking out of the window there was a pigeon perched on the balcony type constructions on the outside of the hotel and these were full of debris. I can only describe having to kill at least 8 flies prior to using the room as a very unpleasant experience and not one I have ever had to do before in a hotel. The overall cleanliness of the room left something to be desired, there were stains on the bed head, surfaces not thoroughly cleaned and stains on the carpet.
In the bathroom the sink was cracked, the tap dripped constantly. The shower in the bath had two temperatures too hot and too cold, these taps too dripped constantly. The areas where one would expect to see nice white sealant were grubby looking. Overall the bathroom did not feel like a place to get clean in.
DON'T CHOOSE THIS HOTEL IF YOU WANT A CLEAN HOTEL

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank 485KarenW
Reviewed 26 July 2012

Right after I read all these reviews I was so scared to go there, I tried to cancel because I'm a person who likes my hygiene.. I don't know why so many people are complaining... I had a great stay here! I booked it for after a gig in Manchester and was lovely. The room I got was gorgeous maybe because we got lucky, but it was clean, comfy, and had no problems apart from the toilet didn't flush sometimes but we was hardly in there as it is so close to everything and all the shops! For 35 it was a bargain. Yes maybe it is abit old fashioned but if you want luxury PAY FOR LUXURY. You get what you pay for here and it was a pleasurable stay. The room I stayed in was 519 and I would go back.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank jazfiz
Reviewed 24 July 2012

This place should be closed down it is disgusting you would not let your dog stay here let alone humans, the room was so bad(with Bed Bugs!!) after taking 18 pictures and ask to the manager, and what a joke he was showed me to another room which was worst than the one In, there was no customer service and they tried to charge us for late departure which we did not ask for what a con!!! I have reported this hotel to E.H.O and I hope this place is closed! all I can say is god help you if you stay!!!!!

Room Tip: Don't bother !!!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business