“DULL & DREARY!”

Ranked #97 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
Bolton, United Kingdom
“DULL & DREARY!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2013

There are much nicer places to stay in Manchester for the same/similar money. We stayed on 19th December. The carpark recommended is a good walk away (in December gales, not funny) we got a TAXI back to the carpark in the morning £4.20!
Our room was dull and dreary and blowing a gale thru the window, we were so cold we had to dig out the spare blanket from the wardrobes, Lovely view over a dirty back street!
Tea and coffee facilities were pathetic, really cheap brands and only 2 portions of milk.
Breakfast was very very average (an additional £10!)
We wont be back! awful place!

Room Tip: don't book this hotel!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank rubydooby2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (502)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2013

The Britannia Sacha hotel provided me with the worst hotel experience of life. I feel violated that I parted with money for this room, when it was not worth £20. Every part of the hotel is shockingly bad apart from the location. Travelodge is a 5 star in comparison.

The room I had was 38 degrees with broken air conditioning, no window and TV that was on the floor which you couldn’t watch from any angle of the room. The bed smelt of sweat and was barely big enough for two people. We had to sleep with the door to the corridor due to the heat in the room. The hotel is in complete violation of the Supply of Services and Goods Act1982 and with other health and safety laws.

Do you best to avoid this hotel and communicate this message to friends and family.

Room Tip: Rooms at another hotel would be better
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Darren S

Travellers are raving about these Manchester hotels

castleford england
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2013

Stayed December 15th for one night. The lobby area is nice. The room was a bit dated but was clean!!!! We payed £40 for the night. It's in a city centre location! What more would you expect for £40. I'd say value for money....

• Stayed December 2013
Cardiff, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2013

This is easily the most run down,disgusting ,spalling smelliest hotel in the world.to put it in perspective ,it's owned by them that own pontins.anyone who's stayed in a bad room there or seen it on consumer tv shows well think 10 times worse.recently I have been watching I'm a celebrity get me out of here on tv,I felt like a contestant on that being challenged to stay the night with mould and varying breeds of craw lies,some flying ones through night just like on the show.
I have never known a room with so many creepy crawlies running around in corners across units,flying about while trying to sleep.the smell of damp and mould is horrendous.i luckily got a room with a window which turned out a bad thing as the window was so dirty couldn't see out of it ,the frame was all cracked resulting in no sleep due to external noise of a generator ,some overnight deliveries to somewhere and building work or so it seemed.
If I had come on here first I would never ever have stayed,turns out I had one of the cleanest rooms available and yet every inch still had mould ,damp,cracks and stains.had a massive tv,40 inch I'd guess,some rooms had tiny portables.but the tv was so dusty it needed cleaned just to watch ,and I looked down the back and there's less dust and cobwebs in a haunted house.
The staff mostly seem like foreign robots,not programmed to deal with any request or understand a single thing you say.they seemed abrupt,quite rude,all except one lad far too nice to be stuck in faulty towers.he even helped carry luggage down the stairs as there's a huge staircase to walk up just to reception with no lift,it's terrible.lifts to rooms,but jerky and far too scary to use so when not taking luggage the stairs were a better option.this gave me a view of more of the hotel where many bits of carpet on every floor on every level had huge bits of tape stuck down ,I'd say the carpet has rotted away.but didn't stick around to look and find out.
I even asked for extra towels or a sheet or anything to walk on so I didn't have to walk on the in room carpet or what's left of it.they had the nerve to try and charge me to rent them so I told them about the rash I was getting after just half a day and they had no idea what I was on about.
Don't walk in just socks unless you plan on throwing them out afterwards.
Being disabled I struggle To sleep with pain already but with a itchy rash starting due to the un leanness,exterior noise and dodgy bed I never got to sleep till after 9am.only for staff to almost bang the door in at 10.45 am as check out was 11am but I could pay extra to stay longer which I refused but stayed longer anyway as I seriously expected a refund but no luck there.
I have stayed at many budget hotels across the England,Wales and Scotland and a few B and B type things too.and I never imagined any of them would be this unclean and run down.even hotels with the word budget as part of the name are friendly,clean and overall perfect.downside to budget ones is no kettle but sachas kettle was full of stains inside so didn't chance using it.
Overall try getting an ibis budget or travelodge,usually cheaper and they are posh compared to sachas,with nice normal staff too.basically if sachas is the only hotel available for your desired dates then bed down on the street with homeless people,it's cleaner and comfier too.

Room Tip: My tip is run a mile and Don't choose any room at this hotel.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Ryanredmond
Chester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013 via mobile

Just got back from a nights stay here never in my life have I needed fresh air as much as I do here, first we check in the staff barely able to talk English, we got a room with no window and no other means of cool air!! Doors banging until 3am you can't even sneeze without hearing it in the next doors room and can hear every conversation they have, we paid for breakfast but left ASAP after waking up as we needed fresh air that much so didn't end up having any, worst nights sleep in a very very long time I will not be ever staying here again, also rooms are dirty

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sarah C
Blackpool
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel with a friend and stayed in a twin room the room cost £99 I would never stay hear again! The room had no window and was hot and stuffy all night making it very hard to get a nights sleeps! There was only half a loo roll and only 2 plug sockets. There is also only one iron and ironing bored for the whole hotel which is right up on the 6th floor in a small room when I went to use it there wasn't even any water in the iron!

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank leeblpool
West Malling, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013

I really cant believe I actually booked this hotel...I am normally so careful and read all reviews but somehow we ended up spending a night there. The room had no window...was very smelly and dark. The furniture was dark, old fashioned and odd. The twin beds were different heights and sizes. The bath room was even worse...the toilet was held together by gaffer tape, didn't flush and wasn't secured to the floor properly.
We stayed on a Friday night and suffered may loads party goers returning to their rooms and banging on doors. The breakfast was dreadful...all very predictable, swimming in fat and most unappealing.
We did try to mention our dissatisfaction with the staff but they weren't interested and said that i had to make any complaints via the third party we had booked with.
Only good point is that it was close to the city centre.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple