“Filthy and Terrible Service”

Britannia Sachas Hotel
Ranked #100 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Suffice to say the biggest issue was the blood and semen stains on the 2 chairs in the room. Additionally the room permitted smoking and had no window, the tub dripped water constantly, and the deadbolt was snapped. My key card was also deactivated too soon which isn't great when you're charged for a late checkout. I was also charged nearly twice the advertised room rate.

The best part was that I only stayed one night. The location is excellent. Everything else is absolutely disgusting and potentially unsafe.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Britannia Sachas Hotel

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Arrived at the hotel and first impressions suggested that when it was built it was a very nice hotel.....although that was many years ago now. The decor is very dated. Throughout the hotel it is very scruffy. Upon checking in the whole system was down which is obviously no fault of the staff. They were checking people into rooms using a large flip chart and crossing off room numbers. Upon entering the room we found there was no window, no air conditioning, the television was dated and had a poor signal and there was an ironing board but no iron. The ironing facilities were on the top floor and very poor indeed. Despite this we only saw the hotel as a bed to sleep in but after our night out the room was very warm and as there was no window and no air conditioning so it was impossible to cool it down. Overall i would not recommend this hotel, especially as we paid £140 for the night, granted it was a last minute booking. The only 2 positives were the staff were very calm considering the circumstances which would have been very stressful on them and the location of the hotel is very good.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Went here for a one night stay, never ever again. Reception staff rude. The room was freezing, the window did not shut, mould on ceiling. TV outdated and did not work. Shower was a dribble and to top it all the breakfast was so cold and been there so long you couldn't even eat it. Have complained to this hotel and their head Office but it seems they prefer to ignore people. I have photo's to back all of this up, not sure where to send them to (any idea's). This hotel should be shut down and be totally refurbished and staff go on a customer service course. Whatever you do, never stay there!!!

Room Tip: Sorry can't help because I don't think they have a good room to offer!!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Debbie B
Reviewed 25 March 2014

We arrived at 2pm and told our room wasn't ready, so they put us in another room. 465. TV didn't work. We went for our night out and returned at midnight. We opened the door, and the heat was incredible. Obviously this ruined our food we'd bought earlier in the evening to eat before bed too. I rang reception asking for a fan, to be told that 465 is always an issue with the heat - and we'd be moved to a window room. 5 minutes later, a guy came to the room and moved me to 439 - this WASN'T a window room - but the air con DID work. This was after midnight so we just went to bed after a long travel and night out. The bathroom door was shut. In the morning, I awoke and went into the bathroom. I found the light fitting lying on the sink. The toilet was just running water and the shower didn't work as the bath/shower select was missing. Best of all was the used condom lying in the bin. I rang reception to ask for the manager to come to the room as I'd rather explain the situation there, rather than in the lobby in front of all the other guests. We got sorted to leave, and 20 minutes later, a man called "Gerrard Shone" turned with with a tech guy. Gerrard has ZERO customer service skills - he's also probably the most unpleasant man I've ever met. I showed him and his tech guy buddy what the issues are, and the tech guy pushed the light fitting back in - at this point WATER was dripping through the socket!!!!! Put a replacement shower switch in and screwed the ballcock on the toilet flush. Gerrard then explained that the TV was a problem with the Ariel and couldn't be fixed until after the weekend. I asked him what he was going to do about it and he looked at me blankly saying he'd had everything fixed that I'd reported. I asked him about something complimentary, partial refund or a refund. Gerrard then accused me of breaking the shower/toilet/light. He said Laterooms were to blame as he'd told them the air con didn't work - and hadn't for 9 months and that the used condom was a housekeeping error. He said there's no refunds, and they could do a 10% refund, but since I'd "only" paid £39 it would be £3.90. Gerrard clearly thinks this is acceptable standards as he also said he was paid to have guests shout at him all day. I suspect that it's NOT a one off incident. I'm really concerned that this room is used for quick sex - and it makes me sick to think that my wife and I possible slept in a dirty bed that has just been used for sex, bed re-made and the condom dumped in the bathroom bin. Sickening.
Disgusting rooms, disgusting attitude, disgusting customer service. I have the photos, and will be showing and telling EVERYONE who's willing to listen.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Graeme S
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Booked a double bed online, arrived to the pleasant staff (imagine) to tell me they're going to put me in a single because... In fact they had no reason. After eventually getting what originally was payed for i went to my dirty, damp room. Bed sheets had holes in, bathroom was dirty and I didn't even want to risk a shower. Cracked ceiling looked ready to fall through. Worst night sleep due to doors slamming all night. Never want to stay here again. I'd get more satisfaction seeing it get burnt down. There is a premier inn round the corner, go there!

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Stayed here about five years ago. One of the worst hotel experiences of my life. The bright neon sign outside manages to be be the best thing about this place. Inside it's like the adams family mansion crossed with a 70's sitcom set. Old furniture, old beds, lack of cleaning, lack of almost anything working. You must be truly desperate to stay here.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Derekthefish
Reviewed 20 March 2014

DO NOT BOOK THIS HOTEL - AND SLEEP IN YOUR CAR INSTEAD. This hotel has major issues - those being its cleanliness, some very questionable goings on (which Police were required to resolved but apparently they are ongoing) and above all the noise /arguments / door slamming and knocking in the hotel ALL NIGHT. The rooms had NO WINDOWS, the bathrooms were APPALLING, the food was DREADFUL however it was issues surrounding SECURITY which lead us to leave our stay early. How 39 People can rate this hotel as Excellent is astonishing - Do not be fooled in to staying here because of the location as the 150m you have to walk at night to it's front door are not in my opinion secure. Picadilly Place Car Park is far cleaner, safer and better value! PS The staff were fine with us but fully understood why we left early.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business