“What a dump!!!!”

Britannia Sachas Hotel
Ranked #100 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Wow I never thought a hotel could be this bad!! The room was tiny, dirty and stunk of smoke!! The chairs in reception were so dirty I hardly dare touch them!! Within 10mins of checking in we had checked back out with a full refund!!! I would advise people to avoid this hotel at all costs!!!!!

1  Thank Kevin H
Write a ReviewReviews (2,268)

Reviewed 19 April 2014

We had a one night stay here while having a night in Manchester.
The location was amazing, Piccadilly is just below and the bars and pubs near the hotel are great.
The lobby of the Sachas looks very impressive and we thought this would be amazing for the £50 we paid thru late rooms.
The room however was not very good, it had a dodgy stain on the wall, the thermostat was broke so it was red hot, the kettle didn't work, we got half a roll of toilet paper and no soap and the TV remote didn't work.
We paid the £7 each for breakfast and it was OK, the coffee was cold and they ran out of orange juice.
On the whole for the money we paid it was OK, if we had paid the full price though I would have been very disappointed.
I just think the fact it looks so nice and professional when you arrive in the end sets you up for disappointment.
Location is really good tho so we may stay here again.

1  Thank jamie r
Reviewed 19 April 2014

We booked Sachas through Booking.com, we wanted a cheap room for a night to sleep after a night out. It is very conveniently located for getting around Manchester.

The price was okay, the room was clean and what we needed, although we didn't have a window in the room so couldn't see what the weather was like, whether it was light or dark etc. very strange being in a room with no window.

The hotel itself is tired an in need of a lick of paint!! The staff were friendly and the booking in process was quick and easy.

All in all we got what we paid for. If we had paid any more I would have been very disappointed. We paid £49 for the room by the way. We didn't eat or have any drinks in the hotel as we were out and about in Manchester both days either side of the nights stay.

As we were going out shopping on the day we checked out we asked the hotel to look after our bags which they gladly did.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel with my girlfriend and the room hygiene was terrible. The first room I was in was humid and had a terrible smell. We were then moved to a second room which has little ants around the room and especially around the kettle. I was even made to bring my own tea tray from the ground floor to the fourth floor.

I made a complaint to their head office and all they could offer me was £4.50 in return for my horrendous experience .
Do not stay at this hotel,less then a one star rating in my books.

1  Thank Sunil_patel123
Reviewed 18 April 2014

So me and my family was visiting my sister in Manchester and from the pictures, this looked like the best ever hotel to stay in. We got in our rooms, after paying 140 pounds for it, and found no lights working and only two beds. 1 double, 1 sofa bed single when there was 4 of us. However the lady was good and sorted it out. We also realised there were no lights at the end of the room where I was sleeping. We had 3 lamps and one little light in the corner but....all of them didn't work! After trying to turn one on,I going a patch of mould on the wall and allot of peeling wallpaper by a bed. The TV was old and had no more than 6 channels on it. Oh and the spa and pool was not free, as they made it out to be, you had to pay. I would never waste my money and time here again.

2  Thank Mnewma
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Stopped here as was shopping & then seeing James Blunt in concert at the apollo 17th Apr. Wanted somewhere in the middle of the City. Great position but not as nice as expected.
Paid for an Executive double room as a treat. Although very spacious the bedroom furniture & tv were very outdated. The best thing was the carpet. At around 5pm I looked out of the window, could see people with umbrellas but couldn't tell how bad it was raining as the windows were dirty. Not very nice. On the good side the receptionist was polite & helpful as was the waiter in the restaurant. The food prices were very reasonable. Myself & my husband had the Gammon with pineapple & egg with chips. All very good. Reception & restaurant very clean. I guess the executive rate was for the extra space + the jacuzzi bath which was very nice after a days shopping. Bathroom was dated also & made from wall panels made to look like marble but this was very dark. One of the glasses still had toothpaste in it from last occupant, yuk.
Hotel in the right area as buses are very frequent down to the apollo but the hotel does need updating. Part of the wallpaper had just been roughly plastered over.

Room Tip: Stayed in room 254
Reviewed 16 April 2014

We were booked into Room 252 but upon arrival in the room my girlfriend and I were not happy with the quality of the room. In the bathroom there was mould all around the shower/bath, the bath was cracked and leaking water and the bedroom area was full of dust making it appear that the room had not being cleaned for a few days.

Having decided we weren’t willing to stay in this room, we went down to reception and they moved us to room 352. However, this room was in a similar state with dust, half eaten food, a missing bath to shower knob and a bedside light that was coming away from its base.

In the morning prior to check out we spoke with the duty manager who was on. She didn’t seem to take our complaint seriously despite us showing her photographic evidence.