“Disastrous weekend”

Britannia Sachas Hotel
Ranked #100 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Our stay at this hotel was disastrous from beginning to end. Arrived in a heatwave. First shown room with double bed when we had requested a twin and were subsequently allocated two other rooms before we got the twin. This room very small and very hot. No air conditioning, there was a fan in the room which was extremely dangerous as it had no cover to the blades! Our rooms were never serviced and the shower broke on the first night. Restaurant very noisy as it was in the very busy bar. One of the lifts did not work. Food was ok and the staff were very obliging and helpful although could do nothing to help us our visit was in 2012 . Have written to complain about 4times but no one has ever given me the courtesy of a reply hence this review!!!!!

Room Tip: Make sure the air conditioning works before accepting accommodation and that windows can be opened...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank teresa anne c

Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

One of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in.
No windows, no air con, no fan, no one who cared.
Horrible smelly room.
So nasty for the price, I would never recommend this to anyone. There is a travel lodge less than 200 yards away I would recommend staying there.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank bethyr
Reviewed 26 July 2014

DO NOT STAY HERE!!!

We had an internal room which was dark, dank and not overly clean. But it was relatively cheap so i can overlook the depressing nature of the room. What I can't overlook is that the room was ridiculously hot and we could not move that night to a room with a window. When we did get moved the following day the window only opens by less than an inch and so still has the temperature issue. I was ill due to spending the night in the muggy room and the staff were not helpful in me cancelling the sunday night as there was no way i was staying another night (the first time i've left a hotel due to it's state early!). There were many other issues with both the state of the room and the helpfulness of staff but to sum up I will never go there again!

On the plus side the location is great as it is very central and you can walk from here to anywhere else within the city center.

Only stay here if you are going out on the town and expect to be tired and dehydrated the next day as you'll get that anyway!

P.s. Technically they say the place has wifi in the rooms, but in both rooms we were in it didn't work...

Room Tip: If you HAVE to stay here, ask for a room with a window (i.e. not an internal room) as they are at le...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank AndyMKtoMadrid
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

I read the reviews before booking this room and thought I would chance it as it was a reasonable rate and the location is superb. However, we had one of the dreaded internal no window several light bulbs missing rooms. l don't object to shabby chic .. In fact for a circa £50 a night room I do expect it. However, I do object to muck And dust.

The main problem and I do appreciate it is exceptionally hot atm but was the heat was simply awful. The AC was a joke if you stood underneath it you kind of felt it! . So oppressive was the heat I had three showers and resorted to standing in outside at 630 not caring I was in my night clothes just to cool down. As soon as the first cafe was open I was out!! The stale smoke smell did not help despite a non smoking room.

The bathroom floor was grim. Shower was powerful and effective.

I am not someone who complains but surely this place is bordering on being a health hazard. I shall be writing a formal complaint.

Did not have time to use the gym/pool but was a little disappointed to learn about the addition charge to use them... Not mentioned at booking.

Would I stay here again .. No. Am sorry Britannia sanches but even considering the budget it would not entice me back! Too be honest that night park benches were enviable!

Plus if you don't prepay you get charged for paying with both DEBIT and CRedit!

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank intelgalvic
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Two of got a room for £40 for one night. It didn't have a window and was not very comfortable in the heat. Really should be aircon in the room or at least a fan. As we were going for a night out the room served it's purpose. It had a iron which always comes in handy.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Have stayed at this hotel about 40 times is very cheap and right in the city centre but this time I got an internal room and air con didn't work room was baking hot all night will stay agin but not in an internal room

Room Tip: Don't get internal room
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Decent hotel for a decent price, it does the job for a single night stay. I stayed here when I saw Avicci in concert, it's a good location as it's right in the middle of the city. The decor when you walk inside is actually really cool, its all marble floor and pillars with a water feature in the lobby, it feels like a hotel in Vegas!

One bad thing about the hotel is the room we were in had no window which was a bit disorientating and claustrophobic. It felt odd waking up not knowing if it's still dark outside due to no window in the room.

Location was excellent but the room was quite outdated. Hotel is okay for a one night stay for a night out or business trip.

Room Tip: Get a room with a window! It's too claustrophobic with no window.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends