“Quite impressed”

Britannia Sachas Hotel
Ranked #101 of 121 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Stayed there last Saturday (3 girls). We booked a triple room but when we were checking in, the receptionist said there were no triple rooms left but we could have a twin and a single at the same price. We'd already paid anyway. She gave us rooms next to each other and to our surprise it was another twin. The rooms were really nice. None of them had a window but you didn't really notice that. We had air con and a large fan. In my room the air con was quite loud and didn't know how turn it off but i managed to sleep. The other room was ok. There were full length mirrored wardrobes which were good to get ready in. it was spotlessly clean with crisp bedding, the shower was lovely which was over the bath, nice clean towels and complimentary toiletries. Overall i was very pleased. They also had cheap drinks in the bar between 12 & 6 (£1.85 a pint). I would stay at this hotel again. The only downside if you can call it that is it has no car park. There is one about 10/15 minute walk away and when you get your ticket stamped you get discount (£8.50 for 24 hours).

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (2,286)

Reviewed 7 August 2014

As a last minute decision, it was decided to stay at this hotel. After reading all the terrible reviews, I was expecting a small dark room with no aircon yet I was surprised to see our hotel room. It was clean with a double bed and to our amazement a huge fan. The only problem is that as it was an internet room, my phone did not connect to the wifi which wasn't a problem and the bathroom was extremely dated. For the price you're paying, it was fine. It was hot due to hardly any windows and it being in the middle of summer so I would suggest, if you don't have a fan in your room upon arrival then ask for one. Perfect sleep and I even stayed an extra 10 minutes after checkout with no problems! Perfect location making it easy to explore Manchester! Would recommend for a cheap night!

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Me and my partner booked in here as a last minute emergency, wish we hadn't!
Soon as you walk in hotel it's fairly pleasant, however room itself was horrendous. The smell of cigarettes was so strong, which was surprising considering it was a non smoking room, the smell of stale cigarette and alcohol from the corridors was also really strong. The room itself was very dated, lighting in bathroom didn't work and window opened about 3cm and wouldn't shut either. Air conditioning was a small hole in the ceiling which was quite loud and very poor. All in all wish we'd booked anywhere else in Manchester. The only reason this place is still going is purely location.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank ChuterAsh
Reviewed 5 August 2014

On Sunday 3 August I stayed with my family at Sacha’s Hotel to celebrate my birthday.
I’ve never made a complaint before but I am so disappointed in this hotel, I felt as though I needed to.
We tried to check in at 1.57pm and were told that we had to come back in three minutes.
After check in when I was first told they couldn’t find my reservation then that I couldn’t have the room as I had no ID, we finally (after producing my bank card and booking e-mail) were given a room key.
The lift to the second floor’s button was broken meaning that you had to put your finger inside the hole where the button used to be whilst avoiding the wires and potential electrocution just to call the lift.
The hallway carpets were held down by masking tape and there was a strong smell of damp throughout the second floor.
We booked a double room to accommodate my two children aged seven and nine. The “sofa bed” was disgusting, full of stains and had no covers. When I asked at reception for covers, I was told they would be brought up. These never materialised and my children ended up sleeping in the double bed whilst myself and my husband ended up on the too small sofa bed on two tatty blankets from inside the wardrobe.
Whilst using the bathroom there was dripping water coming through the actual light fitting??? After the cover incident, I didn’t bother to tell reception.
I kept telling myself it was just a night and that we wouldn’t be spending much time in the room. I consoled the children with the fact we could go swimming in the morning which was the reason for actually booking the hotel in the first place. The health club is advertised as a feature of the hotel on the website.
I took my children down for a swim before checkout in the morning only to be told by the extremely rude girl on reception that it would in fact cost me £16 to swim and if I had bothered to read the small print, then I would know this. There is no mention on the website that residents will have to pay for the use of the pool it’s absurd! The Jacuzzi wasn’t even working and had a chair floating in it.
Needless to say this was the last straw and I checked out immediately.
I have stayed in a lot of hotels and after backpacking in Australia for a year have seen some bad places!! This hotel is shabby and run down, the facilities are poor and the staff are extremely rude. The hotel is nothing like the pictures on the website! I really am disappointed in the experience we had at Sacha’s Hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank Steph Q
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Worst hotel I've ever stayed in. Dirty and too hot in smelly room to sleep. Would of rather slept outside in cardboard box! Overheated room with no window so when I eventually got to sleep at 3:00am after trying since 10:30 I woke up ill and dehydrated!! At seven and a half months pregnant I was so angry that I was forced to sleep in these conditions as moving this late in the night was not an option as there were no other rooms available. Avoid avoid!!

Room Tip: Avoid all together it's a health hazard and needs a full make over or closed down
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kate W
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Please read!!!
This hotel shows money saving offers on a number of different sites but please dont go
i paid £79 for a one night stay for myself and my girlfriend after hearing how great this place is but i was wrong
When we arrived we got lost
When we saw the building we thought it was for the homeless seen as there was three sat outside begging!!
The building was dirty, smelt dusty and just unfriendly and not a nice place to stay
The room was tidy but alot of damage to the doors and windows and also the chest of draws
There was alot of stains on the floor and also chairs but im glad to say the bed covers and the bed its self was clean and fresh
The bar wasnt bad seen as it was £1.85 a pint for happy hour but as soon as it ended at four the prices shot up to a beautiful £4.00
Were happy to say thank god the bed was clean but what a waste of money
we advise people not to stay there after seeing the photos on here and also in person please pass this on to family and friends and get this hotel down to no stars thanks for reading hope this helps

Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Ben123sufc
Reviewed 3 August 2014

the outside of the building is very dirty and shabby looking. nothing like the photos the entrance hall seems grand and posh until you get close to the waiting sofas which are filthy and stained. when we went to reception we where kept a while before being served then once we attempted to check in at 11am i was met by a lady who didnt speak clear english. who then sounded fed up and gave me a big sigh and told me i was to early and turned away. came back a 2pm got our keys and took the long walk to the room which was located above their night club. the door handle and lock where loose when we got in the room smelled clean but didnt look the part at all its very out dated but the website suggests it modern the windows where filthy there was hair on the bath mat the shower drizzled out and didnt drain so i was left stood in the water the sides had bleach stains the tv didnt work there where browny black splatters on wall and celling what looked like yoghurt splattered up the curtains a big brown stain on the floor. i was woken by what sounded like a neighbours door being smashed in and was afraid my door was next and didnt have a lock to secure it with as that had been broken off there was writing on the wall in biro pointing out where mecca was!! the price is outrageous for what it is, its the same price as holiday inn which includes a continental breakfast this hotel was an extra £10 for breakfast so my advice is avoid it!

Room Tip: dont bother at all book elsewhere
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple