Firstly, the staff are slow, incompetent and most seem to have a poor level of spoken English. Secondly, when I had to cancel room, the central reservations team 'forgot' to, so the hotel charged for the third cancelled room and overcharged for the two rooms - by over £700, which took three days to resolve. Thirdly, my room was smelly, tiny and looked like something from a 1980's theme park. Finally, the breakfast has to be the worst breakfast I have ever eaten. Deep fried 'cheap' sausages, 'rubberesque' scrambled eggs, bacon which came in 'lumps' stuck together and not rashers as you'd expect, and finally, the lifts often don't work! Has to be the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. It's a shame, because it is a beautiful building. The owners need to update the fabric and sack the management! Then, it might represent some value for money - and I am far from a fussy traveller!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Britannia Hotel Manchester offers great value accommodation in a fantastic Manchester city centre location. The hotel is located in one of Manchester's premier architectural buildings and is grade II listed with outstanding details, such as balconied stairway throughout the building. This Manchester Hotel has two lively bars, where you can dance the night away or have a quiet drink. Jenny's restaurant serves a varied selection of Britain's favourite dishes, whilst the Overstuffed Pizzeria offers freshly cooked pizzas and pastas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Superbreak UK, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Britannia Manchester Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Britannia Hotel Manchester
- Manchester Britannia Hotel