We stayed here 27/28/29 December on one of the special offer "Twixmas" breaks and found it to be amazing value for money. Having read some of the reviews, we took their advice and upgraded to an executive room, but it was still only £25 per person per night for dinner,bed and breakfast! Yes some of the carpets and furnishings are a little bit tired and dated but it does only claim to be 3* and our room was very clean with spotless sheets and fluffy white towels so what more do you need. A TV, hairdryer and ample tea and coffee making facilities are provided too.
The breakfast buffet had everything you would expect for a full English and/or cereals, croissants and jam etc. The dinner choice was a bit limited but well cooked, or you could do what we did one night, and exchange dinner in the standard restaurant for vouchers towards a meal in the other on site restaurants - the Indian restaurant (we tried this - excellent) or the Pizzaria. Reception are happy to do this for you and we found them very polite and courteous as were the dining room staff too.
The location is absolutely spot on, slap bang in the middle of the City, with everything either in walking distance or easily reached by bus or tram (bus/tram station just over the road).
I think all the bad reviews are undeserved and I would deffinitely stay here again, although probably not at the full price. As there are special offers available through out the year I would recommend anyone to try one and see for themselves.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Britannia Hotel Manchester offers great value accommodation in a fantastic Manchester city centre location. The hotel is located in one of Manchester's premier architectural buildings and is grade II listed with outstanding details, such as balconied stairway throughout the building. This Manchester Hotel has two lively bars, where you can dance the night away or have a quiet drink. Jenny's restaurant serves a varied selection of Britain's favourite dishes, whilst the Overstuffed Pizzeria offers freshly cooked pizzas and pastas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Ebookers, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Superbreak UK, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Britannia Manchester Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Britannia Hotel Manchester
- Manchester Britannia Hotel