Expect massive check in queues around 3pm.
Rooms and corridors need updating - dirty marks on walls, draughty windows (no double glazing) so expect noise too, no main light so difficult to undertake work in the room.
Jenni's restaurant is not good - breakfasts are lukewarm, lunch is cooked to death, and evening meal choice is shockingly limited, unappetising and unhealthy. Waiting on staff average at best. The toilets nearest Jenni's are a disgrace for a hotel.
HOWEVER, the Spice restaurant is excellent!! Fantastic food, reasonable prices and excellent service. Would highly recommend Spice, just dont bother staying in the hotel as it is at present. Such a shame as the building is fantastic and has the potential to be a really classy place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Britannia Hotel Manchester offers great value accommodation in a fantastic Manchester city centre location. The hotel is located in one of Manchester's premier architectural buildings and is grade II listed with outstanding details, such as balconied stairway throughout the building. This Manchester Hotel has two lively bars, where you can dance the night away or have a quiet drink. Jenny's restaurant serves a varied selection of Britain's favourite dishes, whilst the Overstuffed Pizzeria offers freshly cooked pizzas and pastas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline and Superbreak UK so you can book your Britannia Manchester Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Britannia Hotel Manchester
- Manchester Britannia Hotel