Britannia Manchester Hotel
US$82
US$119
US$107
  • Restaurant
Jurys Inn Manchester(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$88
  • Free Internet
US$254
US$238
4,380 results
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 February 2013

We booked a room at this hotel on 16 November for n employee's stay on 29 January. Debit against our charity's credit card on 16 November with acknowledgement on 17 December! Employee stayed on 29 January as booked and then asked to pay again. Only when reconciling our accounts did we notice the Britannia had charged us twice!
When contacting the hotel on 15 February (Friday), they told us, "Oh yes, I can see you've paid twice. We'll refund (your employee) and it should be in her account on Wednesday (20th)."
So our charity ended up paying an unjustified booking fee; the Britannia Hotel Manchester knew from their accounts the room had been paid for, but said nothing; and it appears they can debit funds immediately, but it takes almost a week to return funds! It beggars the question about how often they perpetrate this little act when the opportunity arises?
We can only advise you stay clear; we will certainly be informing our network of charities to do so.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 February 2013

This hotel may be cheap, but customer service at reception doesn't cost anything. When I checked in 50mins early, I was offered a discounted upgrade at £10 per night and could o str8 to my room. I declined and then was told they only had ground floor rooms available, obviously trying to put me off and get me to pay upgrade.
I went to room, bit tatty, but ok. But no WIFI as room (52) was at far, far, far end of hotel. WIFI worked 20 ft into corridor!
I reported to reception and asked for an alternate room, but was told to wait a few hours to see if wifi started working?!
After being firm, I was moved to a 5th floor room which ad working wifi.
This room was bigger, but wardrobe doors were broken, lamp bulb had blown and bed mst ave been 50yrs old, I could feel springs in mattress and when u sat on it, u went str8 down to the divan base!!! Also bed linen was tatty and ill fitting. De o bad service so far, I decided to accept rm and carry on with my plans in Manchester.
I over heard another couple being offered rm upgrade at £5 per night and another couple looking at there 3rd room as previous ones unacceptable!!
Breakfast was reasonable and lots of it. Location is great. Building has lots of historic features.
This place old be so much improved with good management and a small cash investment.
I don't plan to return unless a refurb is done.. Stay in Travelodge or Ibis!!

Room Tip: Make sure u have a window when booking or be prepared for a dark room!
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank MarcusT007
Reviewed 11 February 2013

As long as you get a reduced rate you will enjoy your stay. Central location is fabulous. Beautiful old architecture inside and out, just amazing. We have a large executive twin and paid £55.10 for the room a night. First hotel where the bathroom fan has worked. Bath taps run a bath very quickly and we have bathroom scales to check our weight. We have all we need and expected. Our room is at the side so very quiet. No noise from other residents walking past room or street outside. Plenty of eating places near by to enjoy food. The Cromptons bar is a pleasant place to have a drink before you go out. We were really worried about coming here after reading some bad reviews but I would not hesitate to come here again. No more tired than other very old hotels, but clean and tidy with beautiful central stairs and chandeliers. Good value.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not at front to reduce noise.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank hippoScottishBorders
Reviewed 11 February 2013 via mobile

Good value for the price. Receipt was ok. Rooms where clean. Beds could have been better but for the price you are paying you can't excepect the service and comfort you would receive at a 5 star hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 10 February 2013

I've stayed in some hovels in my time but my god, this place was horrible!

• damp on the bedroom walls
• tiny rooms
• cold, stale food in Jenny's restaurant
• old, tired looking place
• no better value than premier inn, ibis etc - much better places to stay

• Stayed: February 2013