Booked an executive double rather than the standard..... What a joke! To say the nice decor and chandelier in reception lull you into a false sense of security is a serious understatement! Alarm bells first rang when we were told to take the lift to 6th floor, but there were only buttons to 5 floors. All became clear when we eventually found the grotty tight staircase from the back of the 5th floor and struggled up with our suitcases up into the stale air and flickering lights of a tired looking corridor with chipped paintwork and noisy ventilation. On entering the room it looked like something from Faulty Towers with fake rustic furniture and an old TV on such a low stand out of view from the bed that they may as well have put it on the floor. The main problem with the room was the non existent sound separation from the adjacent room or corridor. The clarity with which we could hear the couple next door coughing, whispering, talking and unfortunately fornicating was truly astounding! When they walked across their bedroom our floor moved, and when they 'tested' their bed ours moved along with it!! There were people running and shouting in the corridor slamming doors at all hours and just when it was quiet enough to consider sleeping (4am) the pipes started clanking and the radiator was making a trickling noise right next to the bed. Aside from this the mattress was lumpy with springs that sporadically twanged in your back, there was a ripped hole in the pillow case and the kettle was so slow we could have boiled water quicker blowing it with a hairdryer! The shower suddenly scalded you from time to time and there were only 2 tea bags.... Truly an experience to be missed!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Britannia Hotel Manchester offers great value accommodation in a fantastic Manchester city centre location. The hotel is located in one of Manchester's premier architectural buildings and is grade II listed with outstanding details, such as balconied stairway throughout the building. This Manchester Hotel has two lively bars, where you can dance the night away or have a quiet drink. Jenny's restaurant serves a varied selection of Britain's favourite dishes, whilst the Overstuffed Pizzeria offers freshly cooked pizzas and pastas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Odigeo, Booking.com, Priceline, Superbreak UK, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Britannia Manchester Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Britannia Hotel Manchester
- Manchester Britannia Hotel