Britannia Manchester Hotel
US$122
US$179
US$163
  • Restaurant
Jurys Inn Manchester(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$130
US$97
  • Free Internet
4,335 results
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 March 2014

My employers booked me a room here as I needed an overnight stay before a presentation I was giving. Having stayed in Manchester before I was always intrigued by this big city-centre hotel and its brightly lit façade, and wondered what it was like inside. Sadly the room I had fell well short of my expectations and I left disappointed.

On arrival I found out my room was an internal room with no windows at all, which was not a good start. The room had a good sized bed but otherwise it was not particularly spacious. The work desk surface was only a little bigger than the tea-tray that sat on it, and I could only find two power sockets in the whole room, making my planned evening work a challenge.

The coffee supply was a bit mean (2 sachets only) and finding somewhere to plug the kettle in was equally fun when the only plug near the small work desk was already being used by my equipment. The TV was an old type (not flat screen) which ate up space in front of the work desk, making it even more challenging, and only offered about 5-6 channels. The hotel offered free Wi-Fi (always welcome) albeit the signal in my room wasn't particularly strong.

I didn't eat at the hotel, so cannot comment on the food and restaurant service, however for the price I felt the hotel was poor value for money compared to others in the area. Not tempted to use this hotel again, based on this experience.

Room Tip: Try to avoid an internal room if possible.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Davidjellis
Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

The room smells like an ashtray, I now smell like an ashtray. There are misc stains on the wall, floors... Everywhere. I'm not one for early rising but I've set my alarm early... The sooner I can be out of this poor excuse of a hotel room the better. I'm sorry, this historic building had such potential to be a beautiful hotel but has been left to crumble and wallow in it's own pitify filth.

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Cecilia G
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Stayed at the brittania for central location.
Staff friendly, booking, check in/out hassle free.

Biggest issue is state of the rooms: paper peeling off the walls, bath chipped, stains all over the walls/carpet, generally dirty.
Not exactly how I'd expect to find an 'executive room'.

Also, there's a bar/club in the ground floor so you can listen to music (whether or not you want to) until 3am.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 24 March 2014

My review is based on a full flight of people being placed in the hotel due to a cancellation so perhaps the experience would differ slightly should the booking be in normal circumstances.
Anyway here goes...
Check in was fast considering there was so many people, we were given the meal times and some general information. The room was tiny, small uncomfortable bed, aged decor/furniture as well as some very suspicious stains around the room. The bathroom however was spotless.
There was a meal organised around 7 for all of the passengers who got their flight cancelled, this was delayed slightly and the choice was very basic and of a poor quality. Again this could be due to the late notice and the logistical nightmare of having such a sudden influx of people.

I would not stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I would never stay here again and would advise everyone else to do the same.

The rooms and standard of cleanliness were vile. We found hairs, crumbs and even noodles stuck to the walls! The worst of all is we found an opened packet of lubrication on the floor. The whole place was absolutely disgusting.

I told the reception staff (who had really poor English) of how disgusted we were and nothing was done. I wrote a letter of complaint which has not even been acknowledged.

Absolutely vile.