Britannia Manchester Hotel
US$137
US$125
Doubletree
  • Restaurant
Jurys Inn Manchester(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$100
US$127
US$95
  • Free Internet
4,340 results
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Was my first time back to the Britannia in almost ten years,and I thought surly it must have been updated by now (WRONG).Should have gone with my original gut feeling and trusted the majority of all reviewers ( like I normally do).Will start with the positives,when checking in the staff member I dealt with was very polite and very helpful.The foyer is still the best thing about this hotel with a fantastic staircase that is quiet amazing,but once you go beyond that the rest of the hotel is two star at best.The room we stayed in was just O k,but below par.The bar area again was nothing special with no atmosphere.All corridors that we ventured down were in bad need of updating with thread bare carpet in places with walls crying out for paint.Now for the breakfast,where do I start,Nice enough room down below ground level,but the food was just awful,fried eggs drying up by the minute in a metal container(obviously cooked some time before),Sausages so hard and dry you could not possibly eat them,Bacon 90% fat,Hash browns???? you guest it, like bricks,and toast pre made and left under a heated lamp which is something I have never come across before and I hope to god will never see again,without doubt the worst breakfast experience of my life,and for that reason alone I will not be returning to the Britannia hotel in Manchester ever again,which is a pity because it really is a great building with plenty of potential(if in the right hands)

Room Tip: Best tip is to try a different hotel, as there are some good hotels in Manchester city centre
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank joehealy
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel for two nights with a coach party with majestic , and having read most of the awful reviews,was a bit wary as to what to expect.
However, I had a super room on the fourth floor,although I was on my own ,it was an executive double room and absolutely spotless.
the jenny restaurant where we had our meals was large and plenty of space, and the food was very very good. excellent breakfasts, and even better evening meals with choice of carvery.
Although the Hotel looked a bit jaded along the corridors to the rooms, The food and friendly restaurant staff made up for that.

Room Tip: Fourth Floor is excellent.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank choosy65
Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

OK, firstly let me say that for £45 per night I wasn't expecting The Ritz. The building is beautiful and the hotel are retaining its features well. That's as far as it goes in terms of a positive review. The decor is tired and outdated. The rooms (mine anyway) was damaged and uncomfortable. Breakfast is a crime at £10.95, particularly when there are so many places nearby. Now, as I said, I wasn't expecting 5 star accommodation but is it really asking too much to get an alarm call? No. No call and a flimsy excuse for an apology from reception staff. I missed my train and had to pay almost £80 for a replacement thanks to the lack of basic hospitality at Britannia. All in all, a very disappointing stay.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank easymate
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Just back from a mid-week 2 night stay. Our coach party was all inclusive. Hotel, beautiful, in need of TLC never the less clean. My double room(on my own) was lovely, lots of hangers, spotless. Staff efficient and friendly especially in dining area. As a veggi I take what I'm given but, the food here was very poor, veg, overcooked and the veggi option was meat free only, no protein with pasta and tinned tomatoes. Orange juice so watered down tasted like water. What a shame that food has let down this beautiful hotel. Shame on you.

Room Tip: I was on 4th floor. 3 windows, very quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

I'm going to keep this short - don't book this hotel! We booked a Superior Double for a night as I was due to be in Manchester for the X-Factor auditions..... Reception was ok but the dodgy bars below the hotel should have indicated what was in store! The room was large but exceptionally tired with stained carpets, one wardrobe door missing, threadbare chairs, holes in the bathroom door and a terribly uncomfortable bed.... Bathroom was small but again tired! We walked out and the only reason why I gave this review 1* is that they did not haggle on the refund!!!!! Don't waste your money on this hotel - avoid at all costs! It's definitely not 3* and personally I've stayed in B&B's that were better!!!!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple