Stayed here for one night after a concert at The Etihad end of May 2014. Three adults and one 9 year old in a family room which was a very good size but was dirty, tired and desperately in need of a refurb.
We were allocated a room on the first floor and only when we returned after the concert did we realise that we were right above the nightclub which on a Saturday night was NOISY!! Needless to say we asked to be moved and fortunately Paul the guy on duty that night was very understanding and apologetic towards us and sorted the problem out swiftly and even thanked us for accepting the alternative room. He couldn't apologise enough at the fact that whoever checked us in earlier had allocated us a room above the nightclub when we had a young child with us. If it hadn't been for his gentle calmng and sincere manner things could have turned out much worse and I think he deserves a mention and probably a pay rise too.
Breakfast was fine, nothing to complain about and again the staff were brilliant. One of the chefs came out of the kitchen to top up the supplies and apologised to me for another guest spilling apple juice on the floor in front of me, and promptly mopped it up.
The hotel was probably very grand in it's day but today it needs some TLC and a good few million spending on it, carpets in the room had dust balls on them and were threadbare, fixtures were out of the ark and on the whole the two rooms that we had were quite depressing.
Location wise it's pretty good for the city centre and Canal St area and it's a 25-30 minute walk to the Etihad Stadium which was well lit coming back from the concert late at night.
For me the redeeming feature was the staff, couldn't fault them at all and their Managers should be proud that they do such a good job given the complaints and niggles from guests that I'm pretty sure they must encounter on a daily basis
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Britannia Hotel Manchester offers great value accommodation in a fantastic Manchester city centre location. The hotel is located in one of Manchester's premier architectural buildings and is grade II listed with outstanding details, such as balconied stairway throughout the building. This Manchester Hotel has two lively bars, where you can dance the night away or have a quiet drink. Jenny's restaurant serves a varied selection of Britain's favourite dishes, whilst the Overstuffed Pizzeria offers freshly cooked pizzas and pastas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Britannia Manchester Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Britannia Hotel Manchester
- Manchester Britannia Hotel