“Tired and a bit of a dump!”

Britannia Manchester Hotel
Ranked #92 of 118 Hotels in Manchester
Potters Bar, United Kingdom
“Tired and a bit of a dump!”
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night never again. This place looks grand from the outside but that is where iy ends, it seriously needs a facelift inside, no AC, carpets are dirty, bathroom tiles are broken, only one lify working the list goes on...... staff are ok but for the cost I would expect much more. My advice stay elsewhere.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Richard C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,060)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Nicosia, Cyprus
Reviewed 17 June 2014

If you like vintage then this is your ideal location to be, the hotel is old however one can consider it to be its beauty and one can say its mold.

My stay was very pleasant baring in mind that i requested a big room and i was located on the top floor, idealy the location is perfect, your 1 minute away from the bus stop and right opposite the hotel there is a 24hour kiosk.

The hotel is perfect if you are not looking for something fancy and your visiting manchester to spent time around the city.

Room Tip: Request a hight and big room
2 Thank Naz T
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

How many idiots are trolling up and down comparison web sites thinking they've hit the jackpot when they find the britania for £45. Quite what people expect for this money is unbelievable. This hotel is not a four star Jem. It's run down, shabby, tired and the list goes on...... The food .... Well it's about £7 a plate that should tell you everything you need to know!
So why the good rating. Simple £45 smack bang in the middle of Manchester, a clean bed, a bathroom, a tv, and good service.... £45 simples!!!!!

Stayed May 2014
2 Thank davidharveymoon
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I stayed in the Britannia on a recent trip to Manchester and found it to be objectionable on every count. The cost of the room was very high (£150 for the night), the room itself was barely larger than the bed, grubby; and the wallpaper was coming away from the walls with damp and mold visible towards the ceiling.
The staff were rude, disengaged and very slow. I couldn't possibly recommend this hotel to anyone.

Avoid at all costs.

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank daire k

Travellers are raving about these Manchester hotels

Reviewed 16 June 2014

I've just spent a night at the Britannia Manchester Hotel and I must say I'm very unhappy with the experience.

First of all, we had to change room. Make sure you get a non smoking room (if you smoke just go outside).

- The whole hotel is dated and pretty much falling apart.

- There's no air conditioning in any area of the Hotel so of course you'll spend most of your time outside.

- We were in a room on the 5th floor (once we had moved) but obviously the lifts decided to stop working. Result of this meant carrying bags up and down and feeling like you've attended the gym for a day.

- Amongst this our evening contained of wondering drunks repeatedly trying to open our room door & the fire alarm activated.

- Food is horrible to the point my partner compared it to school dinners!

- Customer Service was poor aswell. Not once did they ask if everything was okay.

This was actually a gift via wowcher from my Mother In Law and I feel sorry for her wasting her money. It's not worth the full price per room let alone half price on wowcher. I'm making a formal complaint to them also due to this Hotel being Mis-Sold!

Room Tip: Do not stay here.
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Yes, I should have known with the smell of stale smoke in the corridor, the bland pale, smoke resistant wallpaper. But after asking specifically for a non-smoking room, actually what I expected to be the norm, Phillip and I got one anyway. I have absolutely no idea how an executive could use this room. Phillip and I were there on leisure, so had enough space, but had I been there on business, there would have been cause for complaint. Actually, cause for reimbursement! No work space was provided, no iron or ironing board and no seating space as promised. Poor. Nuff said. Check the pictures...

Room Tip: I was lead to believe that an executive room or suite would be ok. Ended up in a smokers corridor w...
Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We stayed in this hotel on 14/6/14 and it was disgusting.

The bed in our so called executive room had brown staines on the mattress and the room was the worst I have stayed in. There was no hot water from 7pm until 5am !!

When we checked out we asked to speak to the manager and when I told him about the hot water he lied and told me the hotwater was only off for 2 hours lier !

Then I asked him to come to the room to see for himself, when we got to the room he refused to lookat the dirt and made a homophobic comment about me and my partner sharing a bed !

I was going to phone the police as he wasso vile and disgusting. When I told himi was taking pictures of the room he told me toget outand dont come back !!

I could write more but I feel sick at what happened to us.

Do NOT stay here its a dump !!

Room Tip: Do not stay !!
1 Thank Mark C