“titanic”

Britannia Manchester Hotel
Ranked #90 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
“titanic”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

Beautiful grande entrance. Reminded me of the titanic! However the rooms were in desperate need of redecoration. It was like sleeping in a nightclub it was that loud. Dont get the breakfast. It was rank!!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,031)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Leeds, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

Up there with the worst hotels I have ever stayed in.

Room had no air conditioning. Requested a fan which was broke then had to get a 2nd fan. Had the choice of leaving fan on all night and having to put up with the noise or turnin fan of and been in a sauna.

Rooms small, cramped, dirty and dated. Showers not much better.

Food where do I start. Beans wrong colour. Sausages looked cheap and lacking any actual meat, bacon awful, hash browns stuck together. Fresh Orange worst I have tasted.

Have nothing positive to say about this hotel. How it has got 3 stars I dont know.

If you have a choice stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank cmarsh14

Travellers are raving about these Manchester hotels

Southport, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

I went there just for one night with my friend on 5th July '14.
This could be a really striking impressive hotel and I bet it was in it's day, but sadly they have let it go, as badly in need of renovation. I had booked what they called an 'Executive' room but we were given a room key for the top 5th floor. We came out of the lift and everywhere looks dirty and in need of a lick of paint. We came to our room, opened the door but ventured no further than to look in. What it looked like was an attic room with no window and very cramped. We had booked a twin room but this had a double bed but there were stairs to an upper bit with a single bed in. As this was not what we had booked we went downstairs again to tell them. They did give us another room but again on the top floor. This did have twin beds and a very large window but the carpet was threadbare, the chair to the table was threadbare and material coming away. There was stains on the walls. No ceiling light just one bedside light and a light next to the tv. The lino in the bathroom was ripped. After being in there few minutes it was like a sauna as a very large window but hardly any opening just a tiny crack. The sun was pouring in and it was sweltering. No way was this an executive room so down again I went to complain. The guy at reception said that it was an executive room as the hotel was only a 3*. I said how could they possibly call that an executive room with threadbare carpets and stained walls etc. He just reiterated again that it was only a 3*. But I have been in better 2* than that. I mentioned it was like a sauna but he said that none of the rooms had windows that would open further than a slit. We had no option but to stick it out. Evening meal was awful as it was a help yourself carvery and most of the food was cold. We couldn't get to sleep that night as was so stifling. We spoke to another two couples the next morning and they said the same. One man said he had to come out of his room in the early hours as he felt ill with the heat. The one good thing I do have to say about this hotel was the breakfast. Seeing it was an all you can eat one, it was quite good with everything you could possibly want (apart from no croissants).
To sum this up I don't really know how the Brittania chain can let these rooms off in the state they are in, let alone call them Executive rooms. The whole hotel is in need of renovation from top to tail then it would be a very impressive hotel. I suppose it all comes down to cutbacks and money but come on Britannia sort it out. !

Room Tip: Don't know about the other floors but the fifth floor is sweltering
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

It cost me £75 I booked 3 months in advance the receptionist was rude my room had an very very old aircondition unit that did not work the room was sweat box and I heard 2 couples complaining while I was in the check in que the room had previously people's hair in the bed was the worst hotel I ever stayed in really shocking don't stay there I travel a lot it's awfull

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Leeds
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

This place is without question the worst place I have ever stayed in.. No air con, peeling walls, peeling curled up bathroom doors, tired walk ways and staff on reception today that frankly don't give 2 hoots.. I checked out and informed the young Irish chap on reception of what the room was like, not really bothered and simply have me a tatty bit of paper with head office on when asked.. Shan't bother as unlikely to get a refund and trip advisor likely to be more effective.. Avoid Avoid Avoid!!!'

Stayed July 2014
Wigan, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel is the worst hotel I've ever stayed at. From the lazy ignorant staff on reception to the horrible disgusting room. Cracks all over the walls which looks like the rooms going to fall apart. Only two little side lights to lighten the room. Bathroom was shocking like a squatters room. The shower was so powerful it could wreck your back. The good is disgusting defiantly not worth the £15. Overall I wouldn't put my worst enemy up in this hotel

Stayed July 2014
Blandford Forum, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

We were very impressed with our trip with Majestic Tours.Our driver Marc was very good left Bournemouth at 8.45 and with no more pick ups arrived at 2.30The hotel was very impressive as you entered reception,room clean but bed was a little small for a double.Breakfast was very good but evening meal wasn't that good.Corrie tour excellent and then on to Trafford Centre.Good journey home.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple